It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. Destabilizes Iran via Terror Group'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Good!
I hope we are doing something to destabilize the radical Islamic Iranian regime. I would be disappointed if we were not.

You have every reason to be happy. Now, in 10 years when these terrorists we are supporting now start to gain power, both the US government and you will have someone to scapegoat.

I bet in the late 80's that you were or would have been (don't know your age) supporting the Mujahideen against the Soviets also, praising how great they were (which on a side note Carters National Security adviser Brizenski admitted we financed to purposefully goad the Soviets into war with Afganistan) Now years later when they become the Taliban and use the weapons and training we gave them to come into power, you are probably decrying them as extremists who need to be taken care of.

Don't you see the pattern? The US see a group in power they hate, so they help insurgents overthrow. Once the insurgents get power, they want to do things their own way, and do not listen to the US. Then the US gets them overthrown. Repeat. Look at Saddam. We helped support him to fight Iran. Then he became our enemy.

I don't agree with our foreign policy at all, but clearly if the US would like to deal with these so called enemies, they should do so themselves without using insurgents. Doing so only ensures that the US is perceived as terrorists all over the world, and actually gives rise to more animosity and terrorists against the US.

I'm glad that your blind ambition has led to you supporting this action although the article specifically says the terrorist group that the US is supporting has links to Al Qa'ida. Now I know you will respond that this is rubbish and propaganda, but YOU are the one who expressed happiness at the article, and took it at face value.

The saddest thing to me is how happy you are about this. You know that whatever you think, the Iranian people are hearing this, and they are now more than ever thinking that the US is hypocritical, and are getting more willing to fight the US. Instead of trying to avoid a confrontation, you revel in it. Im afraid that you will soon get your wish, as actions like this only further show that war is probably inevitable. Have fun having a celebration as an untold number of innocent people are no doubt killed.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
grambler is right.

Also the SEALS aren't happy about this so we shouldn't either. these guys love to blow stuff up and create havoc and they say it's a bad idea. puts it into perspective a bit.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Those two faced sons o...

I knew the strategists in the US were low, I didn't think they'd stoop this low.

That brings up another point though. Where the heck did the US get their strategists? Woke them up after a 200 year slumber? The tactics the US is trying to employ lately are ANCIENT.

1: The propaganda used in the main stream news is crude at best. Anyone with half a brain notices there aren't any facts being reported, just biased opinions.
(Next time they say "this country is radical, and needs to be stopped", listen out for any form of reasoning. There isn't any. They just want you to support having them killed.)

2: The half baked military pushes on Iran, employing drone aircraft etc. are clearly intended to provoke the Iranians into firing back. The problem is, they're doing it so openly that everyone can see it. They're not fooling anyone, hence why their support for an Iranian war is so low.

These tactics are OLD.
What they are forgetting is we are in the information age now. Propaganda just doesn't work like it used to. You used to be able to get your whole nation to back a war, now, you might be able to stir up only a quarter.
The rest of them become disgusted at the propaganda and start speaking out against it.

I would think the US of all countries would be able to strategize better than this... I'm actually rather disappointed in them. They're making it too easy to point out.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
apparantly Iran are starting to support extremist groups within the USA with money and training.....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
You have every reason to be happy. Now, in 10 years when these terrorists we are supporting now start to gain power, both the US government and you will have someone to scapegoat.

I bet in the late 80's that you were or would have been (don't know your age) supporting the Mujahideen against the Soviets also, praising how great they were (which on a side note Carters National Security adviser Brizenski admitted we financed to purposefully goad the Soviets into war with Afganistan) Now years later when they become the Taliban and use the weapons and training we gave them to come into power, you are probably decrying them as extremists who need to be taken care of.

Regardless of how you like to spin it, at the time it was the right thing to do. Did you want the Soviets to invade and take over A-stan? If the U.S. would have went in directly, I'm sure you or others would have had a problem with that also. Sure, its easy to be a 'armchair quarterback' after the fact but at the time, it was the correct move and it acheived it's goal. It's not the fault of the U.S. that they turned into a radical islamic regime.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
go and read up on `Operation Ajax` if you want to learn WHY Iran is pissed with the west.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
harlequin, regarding your signature, how is ignorance strenght?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

its from the book `1984` by George Orwell , and sadly , is very very relevant in 2008 - i would highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Regardless of how you like to spin it, at the time it was the right thing to do. Did you want the Soviets to invade and take over A-stan? If the U.S. would have went in directly, I'm sure you or others would have had a problem with that also. Sure, its easy to be a 'armchair quarterback' after the fact but at the time, it was the correct move and it acheived it's goal. It's not the fault of the U.S. that they turned into a radical islamic regime.

Yeah, but Brizenski, who was in charge of our strategy there as he was Carters National Security Adviser, admitted (I believe in his book Grand Chess Board, I'll try to find the link) that we financed and trained the Mujahideen BEFORE the Soviets invaded. In fact, he said we did this specifically to get the Soviets to invade, because we wanted to give them a Vietnam type war. The Soviets saw the US influence, and decided that they needed to attack. So in fact the Soviets would have NEVER INVADED AFGHANISTAN if it wasn't for the US.

You say that it wasn't our fault they turned to radical Islam, but your wrong. They didn't turn into anything, thats what they were. But they benefited by working with the US so they could get into power, and the US in turn benefited by sucking the Soviets into a war they couldn't win. The US knew who they were dealing with. As soon as the Taliban gained control of the country, they started running it the way they wanted. The US didn't like it, and so another more conflict arose. The exact same thing can be said of the US support of Saddam against Iran.

It wasn't the right thing to do. Because of this decision, supposedly the attacks on 9-11 occured, and hence the Afghanistan War and the Iraq War occurred. Hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost. And for what, to goad the Soviets into a war.

If the Soviets would have attacked Afghanistan, we could have helped with our military or minded our own business. Its not as if the US cared about the people of Afghanistan, because even today we are eradicating their crops and destroying their lively hood.

Despite all of this, can't you then at least see why this situation in the OP is nothing to be cheering over? Its a sad development, that even if it being done with good intentions (though thats HIGHLY doubtful) will lead to more terrorists, more war, and more death.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Grambler]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

For christ sake Israel was built on palestinian land, palestinians can claim that land as theirs since the times of abraham. If someone took your property you would throw rockets through their houses too since you support terrorism.
shalom...another spammer with a patriotic flag. You give as good as you get..So obviously you are not christian and the fact that christians lost their country to a bunch blonde haired "Jews" means they should give up? throw rockets I say. why dont you give the Israeli's a house? At least it wold be legit and there would be no terrorism. Say hi to Mossad spammers.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well...

That might explain things...

I would think that the US has been working covertly in Iran probaly since 2003/2004...

Thats the only reason I think for why they haven't done anything with Iran...

Basicly, they are hopeing that the Irainians topple themselfs from the inside...

But heres the biggy. who are terroritst to the goverment of Iran???

This is a goverment that rules under shiria Law, openly kills homosexuals, openly calls for the death of the west...

So who would terrorists be acording to the Iranian Goverment? Mabye Moderate Muslims? Pro-Western muslims. Basicly anyone who isnt in-line with Irans goverment policies... So, unless your a 7th centuery islamic throwback from you know where, your a terrorist...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
For christ sake Israel was built on palestinian land, palestinians can claim that land as theirs since the times of abraham. If someone took your property you would throw rockets through their houses too since you support terrorism.

Please stop with your revisionist history. How far back do you want to go? Over the history of time land has come and go to different people's. The fact still remains Israel is there legally and fought the arabs. Israel won and know it's their land. Get over it!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The fact still remains Israel is there legally and fought the arabs. Israel won and know it's their land. Get over it!

I am sure that your indigenous American Indians share the same feeling of patriotism also. Just as much as our Aboriginals do.

Americans, always taking what they want and screw every one else.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
the USA is fighting the `war on terrorism` whilst - supporting terrorism around the globe

America: fighting wars through terrorism since 9/11.

I probably should have a t-shirt made up with that slogan.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

this is the same popular government who removed the US installed shah , after he killed/kicked out the democratically elected governement in 1953 - read up on operation ajax to see one reason why iran hates the USA with so much passion.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkmaninperth
I am sure that your indigenous American Indians share the same feeling of patriotism also. Just as much as our Aboriginals do.

Please stop with this lame attempt to make a point. It's been done to death.
First, how far back do you want to go? Do you think the indians just appeared on the land from nowhere? Or did they migrate there perhaps forcing out some who already lived there.

Secondly, there was no national government or immigration laws. They were a bunch of nomads who did not own any of the lands.

Lastly, throughout time land has been conquered and changed hands numerous times. If you lose a war, you don't have a say on what happens to your land.

Americans, always taking what they want and screw every one else.

Yeah, now you got it! Hooray!

Right, I guess we said screw everyone when how many times in the past have we saved peoples and countries from being conquered and killed?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

you would have thought a country which has been back stabbed by the same groups and people it funds and trains for personal gain would learn from its mistakes in the past

The US claims to be against Terrorists but still supports them.
what a bunch of idiots and loonies

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What Theory,
You keep saying things that are provably false, and when you're proven wrong, you continue spitting pure nonsense.

What if countries that didn't like us sent their spies over here to terrorize the US? Would that be acceptable? You're fine with America doing whatever it wants but when it comes to any country in the middle east, they're all terrorists and bad guys in your head. What is Iran guilty of that it deserved to be terrorized? Do you think these terror attacks will be directed at political leaders or innocent civilians? Iran has made it pretty clear that its not going to attack anyone unless attacked and that their nuclear program is peaceful. Show me evidence to the contrary, not propaganda.

I do think you have some good points occasionally and I've seen you post before, but I really think on this issue you are overlooking the innocent civilians. I think America should be trying more diplomatic strategies, not rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thillygooth
What Theory,
You keep saying things that are provably false, and when you're proven wrong, you continue spitting pure nonsense.

I realize it's easy to say such things but care to give an example because I have said nothing false nor have I been proven wrong on anything. I am anxiously awaiting your reply.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I realize it's easy to say such things but care to give an example because I have said nothing false nor have I been proven wrong on anything. I am anxiously awaiting your reply.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

I'll do it. You claimed that supporting the Mujahideen (which is the Taliban) in the late 80's was the right thing to do because we needed to stop the Soviets from invading, but according to the National Security Adviser Brizenki we purposefully started arming and supporting them BEFORE the Soviets invaded, and we did so to goad the Soviets into a war.

You also claim that it is not the US fault they turned to radical Islam, but you are wrong because they were already radical Islamists, and that is exactly why we chose them. In fact, one of the people we trained and supported wass... Osama bin Laden! Do you really think that at the time he was a really mellow, cool guy?

See, I don't know if you know this, but ignoring posts that prove you wrong doesn't make you right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join