It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims to know source of Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

I will say this.. I saw the same "kind" of lights late one night on I-8 west of Phx that I watched for several miles (I am a trucker). They were in a simliar pattern as the Phx Lights- but when they "winked out." Then appeared a couple mins later on the north side of the highway. This went on for some time. I even stopped at one point near a rest area to watch. I do not believe these were flares- nor do I think that the Phx Lights were.

"I'm willing to believe that the PHX lights could be a govt. project. But why would they deliberately do it over civilian airspace and then say it were flares." NightVision

Maybe someone screwed up. Maybe it was just a weather ballon in Roswell?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the technology and feats demonstrated by observed UFO's by high profile gov't officials, airline pilots, and other credible witnesses are nothing near anything possible that humankind could have designed. sorry. Sounds like a story designed for disinformation to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No tsure what to think. It will be interesting to see what he has to say though.
On the other hand.....Tickets $30?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi CM

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Frank,

the scientific community is like congress. they're there for show. the real workings of the government are concealed. when they deem it time to reveal a piece of information then they reveal it. for all we know (and this is very likely as i remember reading many articles about it) a cure for cancer, a DEFINITE cure has been found, only it was black boxed because cancer will help with the elimination of a large portion of the overpopulated human race.
the same applies to things other than medicine. if we had the capability to fly to Mars in under an hour, it wouldn't be revealed because we're not ready for that technology to be mainstreamed.

I'm afraid you've lost me; in your previous post you wrote:

". . . all the accounts don't support evidence of alien craft, infact it's movement patterns, and flight paths seem very terrestrial."

I explained that this is not the case at all; one only need to look at the evidence; your current comments don't seem to apply to the former . . . did I miss something?

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good Day Sens

Originally posted by senshido
Imo opinion the question isn't what occured in the evening of March 13, 1997. I believe Mitch Stanley.

He had a telescope, stated what he saw, and hasn't tried to benefit financially by making claims....

Tony Ortega's article from June 1997.
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Tony Ortega discusses that article, ten years later
www.skeptic.com...

Now, that doesn't mean the planes themsleves weren't piloted by aliens, or they were used as a distraction from something else nearby, or as a form of military tests...

Mitch Stanley's sighting does not explain the humongous craft seen in the 8:00 hour, flying "low 'n slow" nor the other activity (large V-shaped objects)nation wide during the month of March.

Stanley's sighting was most likely conventional craft, although some have suggested that flying wing-tip-to-wing-tip at night wouldn't have been done.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is some guy (or guys) trying to make a buck off the UFO field. Nothing new. Either that or just pathetic disinfo.

The website is incredibly amateurish, the domain was registered 2 months ago, and there's no Russian-American Institute of Space Science...

I'm sure no 'evidence' will be presented and in the end I bet some (media included) will even, somehow, find a way to pin this on the "UFO believers" and degrade the credibility of the field even more.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by danx]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

see I dont know.. im sure there has been many advancements in technology that were at some point back engineered but how would we ever truly now? and some of the theories or truths that some whistleblowers put forward... if its true and aliens had a hand in everything we have done and do... then I guess everything at once point was learned...

I believe nothing we have figured out is actually new anything.. its just re remembered from civilizations or lives past...

IMHO very interesting threat though for sure

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I dont think he actually said aliens DONT exist.. he just said that the gov wants the ppl to believe in them because "they dont hafta tell the publc"

I dunno.. kinda sounds like a disinfo guy to me I agree with whoever said it... very interesting though! hafta see this documentary buddy talks about

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Does it seem odd to anyone else that Googling these guys and their affiliates only gives you about four months of traceable info? I'm not saying that he isn't an astrophysicist, but there should at least be a published paper somewhere, right? Especially for someone who is so involved in the space agencies of the entire world. The other guy is a music student, turned film student...there definitely is something going on underneath....guess we need to wait a week to see what happens.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToolFanMael
reply to post by NightVision

I dont think he actually said aliens DONT exist.. he just said that the gov wants the ppl to believe in them because "they dont hafta tell the publc"

He stated that space aliens are a "myth". To me, thats about the same as saying they do not exist in reality. Who knows, maybe he meant 'myth' as in the govt. presenting space aliens as a myth. I dunno. His website has been proven bunk already.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If this was military, why would they test it over a major city rather than over some deserted piece of desert? Two guesses, #1 it's aliens. #2 It's a military test which (for reasons I probably don't want to know) require that it happens above a city. Neither explanation is looking that hot to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Didnt someone mention that the Phoenix Lights was a military ship and they were testing it. I read a post by someone on ATS about this. He said that the ship was so huge and had to fly low to ground to scare who ever we would be fighting at the time. And that the military isnt going to use it because it too big of a target and it doesnt have any amo on it. Does anyone remember this?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
At this moment, where I am, I have 9 days to wonder whats he's doing now. Maybe he's at work, or he's now on the run to escape assassins or arrestors, or he has 9 days to milk up all this excitement in exchange for some personal data and pay per inform. I really just wish whatever he knows he could just come out with it and not make people wait 9 days.

And anyway, so what? It's just impossible that ALL ufos ever seen throughout history was under the control of the current human power players.

I believe Aliens must be out there, and this man saying:

"The government desires people to believe in space aliens so they don't have to reveal the technologies that both we and the Russians have."

Is just too incredible for me to believe. With the evidence from history; If this is possible, then:

This man is not making accurate or truthful claims regarding extraterrestrials. Is he saying they don't exist at all? Have we sheeple been fooled?

What is his stand on the infamous Battle of Los Angeles, when all Antiaircraft guns in LA opened fire on a massive and powerful UFO, walloping it, and CAUSING NO DAMAGE to the unknown craft. Who controlled this technology? Heads must roll if this was Earth based human technology. A image from the battle is below. There is also a video of the battle. Do they tell you about it in school? No!

Or that: The Russians and the Americans borrowed or stole anti gravity technology from ultrasecret, elite families or societies who could have had possession of anti gravity knowledge or aircrafts for 1, 2 or even 3 centuries, operated by a separate, secret organization until fairly recently...

Or that: Unknown corporate or governmental entities have a time machine (limited capabilities perhaps?), and they are influencing human history, maybe for greed and power, who knows.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
It is not that easy to arrest someone for divulging secrets. And doing so draws media attention, which the government wishes to avoid. John Lear and Bob Lazar have both given away some "secrets" but were not put away for it.

Originally posted by Scramjet76
That's true PR, but it depends on what kind of secrets he divulges.

Okay...I'll go along with that.

Originally posted by Scramjet76
It's one thing to make outrageous claims. It's quite another to give ultra top secret technology away. Unless he actually has worked on these "secret craft" and knows how they physically operate, no one will take him seriously (as they shouldn't).

Bob Lazar did work on "secret craft" and they didn't put him away.

At this juncture, it doesn't sound like there is any reason to take this Ph.D. that seriously.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
humm.. Some things that came to mind was...

a) If he is truthful in his claims, which i doubt. Then a huge portion of this site is now a mute point. (respectfully)

b) The US gov is so shady I seriously doubt they would share "everything" with the other kids in the sandbox.

c) Some accounts of UFO's epically pre 1960 cannot in anyway be explained by man made objects.

Did anyone watch UFO files last night? (China's Bermuda triangle) Sorry but there's no man made tech making super tankers disappear without a trace..

I think this is total BS to make a buck.

Thanks
Long time lurker and anonymous poster.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
Has anyone heard of some type of light weapon technology used by the government to take down/ repel alien crafts.

Yes I have...

Could this be the technology seen in phx.

No... it's not...

Maybe he's telling the truth about this event.

Not likely... and its lousy snake oil
Has anyone checked his PhD yet? I mean when Ken Johnston claimed a PhD the skeptics were all over him like flies on s...

So just where did he get his degree?

Havent the US used ufo's as a smoke shield for their military experiments before!

Maybe but they DO like 'flashing' the public with their toys from time to time...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I remember watching a stupid PBS special on how everything we see that we are lead to think are alien spacecraft are really nothing more than our "Secret technology" - because we're had advanced craft pre-1930s amirite?

Things like this are more misinformation than truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This piece seems to me like a bunch of dis-info, and I don't find myself saying that too often.

A cover-up, for a cover-up, for a cover-up...it never ends.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about the Phoenix lights is why did the Governor of Arizona at the time go from making a joke press conference complete with someone in an 'alien' costume to later going on camera for several documentaries saying that he saw something that he felt was "other worldly"? He needed the gig? He likes to see himself on TV? If he really did see something, what did he see? A flying stealth aircraft carrier?

With regard to the Stephenville Texas flare hoax, was that a stunt to show that the Phoenix lights and any other lights we see in the sky flying in formation are always flares? Were other sightings in the area something other than flares? If so, what were they?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If we would apply a (barely) serious method to investigate on this
whole story, then we could try something like a list, like this one:
since the claims must be proven, not their opposite, every claim has to
be considered false until proven true:
so far, after a quick check, we have a situation like this:

has worked cooperatively with the Russian Government for almost 40
years = FALSE

providing research and development for: the Soviet Space Agency = False

Russian Space Agency = FALSE

Glascosmos = FALSE (what is supposed to be BTW?)

Russo Kosmonautic Agency = FALSE (never heard before: did he mean
Federation of Cosmonautic of Russia? Who knows.)

NASA = FALSE

ESA = FALSE

and numerous American and foreign space contractors = FALSE

Mentored by Dr. Wernher von Braun = FALSE

James R. Bartzen designed the landing gear that will be used on
the Manned Mars Mission = FALSE, but at least this one made me LAUGH.

Given his alleged background, he should be very well known, or at least
we should find some paper, some article something related to his
background: but strangely, all that we find are articles related to the
event of July 19, 2008
/5e39qp

So the questions are, once again: WHO is this guy? What's this story?
To call it disinfo would be an accolade, to call it hoax would be far
fetched because he can't really hope to be taken seriously. Perhaps a
joke, not sure, though.

Anyway, if interested, i would pay the fee to watch the "documentary"
with fake dollars, just in case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join