It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Savaged By Swooping Gull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Woman Savaged By Swooping Gull

The 36-year-old victim was walking along the seafront at Burnham-on-Sea when the adult gull swooped and started stabbing her head with its beak.

Sky News

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is unusual behaviour. Some might say it was protecting its young but there is no evidence for that, the news article is just guessing.

There have been many reports of animals behaving strangely in the last few months. Have you any stories you know about? And in particular about gulls? Or other birds etc.?

Does that attack seem strange to you?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Honestly I don't see how this is "breaking news."

But it's definitely a funny story. Well, many things can be funny when they happen to someone else.

I remember getting dive bombed by blue jays, mockingbirds and other assorted birds in my lifetime. I never ended up bloody though.

My cat got dive bombed by a swallow. He's afraid of the pole with the bird houses now.

I saw a robin once that looked injured. Once I picked it up two other adult robins started to attack me and I thought OOPS! it's just a young one they are teaching and nothing is wrong.

DOH!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
Honestly I don't see how this is "breaking news."

But it's definitely a funny story. Well, many things can be funny when they happen to someone else.

It is news because it is dated on the Sky News website with today's date. I think Sky News is able to judge what news is. Mmmmm.

Also, why are you trying to debate whether or not this is 'breaking news' or not'?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, the post is now in the category of "General Chit Chat."

Now, if 1,000 gulls attacked one person, I'd say that would be a news story for sure. But one bird, possibly protecting its young?

That would be like our local paper with a story in the winter that my 86 year old neighbor slipped and fell on the ice and got a black eye, but was otherwise uninjured.

Or my dog took a dump on the side of a country road instead of the yard.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I see you have no knowledge of gull behaviour.

Debating whether or not you think it is breaking news is not relevant.

join