It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Civil Space Strategy 2008 - 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am not sure if this article has been posted before, I did a search but was unable to locate anything similar.

The U.K. recently published its Civil Space Strategy: 2008-2012 and beyond and set out a vision including: establishing an international space facility at Harwell, Oxfordshire--focusing on climate change, robotic space exploration and applications, closer involvement with international initiatives in space exploration to places such as the moon and Mars, and setting up a National Space Technology Program.

www.bnsc.gov.uk...

So the British are planning their own NASA? I would have thought that there would be more collaboration with the Americans who have already established space program.

I also read that NASA and the Brits are planning on establishing the ability to use mobile phones (satellite) from the moon in anticipation of serious exploration and habitation of the moon.
Mobiles on the moon

Does anyone know if the UK has budgeted for this already, or is this just a proposal?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Maybe it is going to be a British branch of the European Space Agency..?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I wonder if there is a serious rift in the Anglo alliance ... are the global players positioning themselves for the next land grab like we have in the 19th Century, except this time the prize is the moon and further?
I think Britain would love to restore herself as a major player in the 21st century.

join