It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia POW camp that does not exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I recently stumbled upon a great article that deserves attention here on ATS.

For the purpose of ease I will post the pictures and article here on ATS, but note that this is not my work.

We will start with overview images of the POW camp and training facilities, and look at these in more detail later. Ft. AP Hill base is approximately 10.7 miles east to west and 14.8 miles north to south, for a total size of about 158 square miles.

Fig. 1 – POW camp and school or training facility at Ft. AP Hill army base, Virginia. Note the road system that interconnects all the facilities in this photo. The red arrow (bottom left) is a divided highway that runs to an exit ramp of interstate 95. There is a sign for Ft. AP Hill on I-95 north and south.

Fig. 2 – POW camp from 6600 ft. shows it is located in an isolated area deep in the base (where no one will hear the screams.) The nearest town is several miles away.

Fig. 3 – Un-retouched photo showing POW camp complex and approximate overall size. Uncle has airbrushed these satellite images. No small wonder - seeing a POW camp with the concertina wire topped fence IS unsettling.

Fig. 4 – Unmistakable censoring of the POW camp location. Turnoff for the camp is visible near center of image with the insolated cluster of trees. Although Ft. AP Hill covers 158 square miles, this area appears to be the only part censored in Google maps

Fig.5 – Distance measurement “as the crow flies” between training complex and POW camp. This distance provides plenty of sound isolation as well.

Fig. 6 – Training facility closer view. Complex shown is approximately ¼ mile long. Note that roof patterns are exact mirror images of one another. Note complete absence of vehicles around these buildings, even though a driveway runs through the complex.

Fig. 7 – Actual size of training facility from a higher altitude showing how the facility entrance is hidden from the highway.

Fig. 8 – A total of 64 vehicles are visible parked in this photo in all three parking lots. Center parking lot has a capacity of approximately 216 vehicles. This is an enlargement of the parking lots previously seen in Fig. 7. Three RVs or trailers are visible in the center parking lot, occupying three end-to-end parking spaces at the left end of each double row. If we assume average vehicle occupancy of one person, this would result in less than 100 people present at this large training facility when this photo was taken from orbit.

It is possible this school or training facility may be dormant or in a start-up mode waiting for trainees to arrive. Perhaps some of the trainees will be from the POW camp located about 1.3 miles away. Why wouldn’t a school or training facility be located closer to the POW camp? No teacher or professor would want POW camp screaming, yelling or gunshots echoing off the walls of their classrooms while trying to “teach.” It wouldn’t help student attention.

Considering how the entrance is clearly hidden on purpose (Fig. 7) this is apparently intended to be a covert facility, possibly used for re-education. But could this only be a recreation facility? This seems unlikely considering how the entrance to the complex and the facility itself is intentionally hidden within the thick forest surrounding it. Trees found throughout the sprawling base are 100ft tall or higher. Many trees have a large enough diameter to possibly be virgin timber.

The POW camp I have seen on the ground was about 1 mile away from the area where the National Boy Scouts Jamboree has been held.

On a sunny, summer afternoon we drove almost every mile of this base back in 2003. Since cameras are forbidden at AP Hill, we did not use one. Total distance driven that day was 68 miles according to my trip odometer. There are numerous gun ranges for each type of firearm for handgun, shotgun, semi-automatic and machine gun, and a range for throwing hand grenades. Many of these practice ranges have warning signs about unexploded ordinance. Each range occupies a few acres of land. Suppose you were a trainee who pulled a pin on a live grenade and threw it and then it didn’t go off. Would you go pick it up to find out why?

DISEASES

So why didn’t we get out and walk around? There are permanent installed metal warning signs regarding tick infestations in various fields. Ticks feed on blood and often carry the infamous Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. If untreated or undiagnosed, this disease will lead to serious medical problems.

From the US Center for Disease Control: “Initial signs and symptoms of the disease include sudden onset of fever, headache, and muscle pain, followed by development of rash. The disease can be difficult to diagnose in the early stages, and without prompt and appropriate treatment it can be fatal. Rocky Mountain spotted fever is caused by Rickettsia rickettsii, a small bacterium that grows inside the cells of its hosts.

Once inside the host [blood cells] the rickettsiae multiply, resulting in damage and death to these cells. This causes blood to leak through tiny holes in vessel walls into adjacent tissues. This process causes the rash that is traditionally associated with Rocky Mountain spotted fever and also causes damage to organs and tissues.” It’s clear that left untreated will cause permanent physical damage.

[continued below]

[edit on 10-7-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ticks also carry Lyme disease, which if not successfully treated in time can lead to a lifetime of full body pain. From the US Center for Disease Control: “The bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi and is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected blacklegged ticks. Typical symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue, and a characteristic skin rash called erythema migrans. If left untreated, infection can spread to joints, the heart, and the nervous system.” Many suffer from the disease for the remainders of their lives that contract it.

Parasitic ticks feed on blood after they dig a home for themselves into your skin. They cut (chew) a small slit and enter just under the surface often near a hair follicle, and are so small they look like a freckle.

Chiggers are quite different from ticks, and are another nasty insect common to many parts of America. Chiggers are too large to enter the skin like Ticks. These insects do not feed on blood like Ticks. Instead, their mouth parts inject skin with saliva which liquefies (partially digests) a tiny portion of your skin which they feed upon. Liquefaction causes intense itching which irritates the skin. Scratching these attack sites can lead to skin infections as well.

It was not worth the risk of contracting one of these nasty diseases simply to get out and walk around the camp. I do not recommend anyone who is curious about POW camps to go stomping around any of them, as most camps are intentionally located in remote wilderness locations. Infections and stumbling on unexploded ordinance are not worth the risk. If you take pictures expect your camera to be confiscated. Uncle has eyes everywhere.

No data exists to prove that Morgellons disease cannot be transmitted by either of these parasites. Morgellons is thought to be a nanotechnology, and although thousands suffer from this disease no standard of care exists in the medical profession to treat it.

Google Earth images of Ft. AP Hill show firing ranges on the base. Detail is sufficient to allow one to pick out a shooting range with backdrops and as opposed to those without backdrops. (I’m sure after this hits the web all the images will suddenly become blurry, if they are not altogether removed.)

The Ft. AP Hill POW camp is located about a mile down a gravel road. It is one of the very few such roads found on the base. Roads at the base are asphalt or Macadam. Macadam is a coating of tar covered with a layer of crusher run gravel. The name of the road we saw which the POW camp is on according to the sign at the turn off, is Camp Cookie Drive.

Such a friendly sounding name for a local branch office of Hell, Inc.

This is the same base I’ve mentioned in other essays. There was NO AMERICAN FLAG flying at Ft. AP Hill…anywhere. When I turned in my car pass at the gate near sundown, I asked a soldier about the flag’s location which we never saw. He replied in perfect American English that the flag was flying at base headquarters.

But when we went by the base HQ, there was NO FLAG on the flagpole. This was not a holiday, but a Wednesday afternoon. When I told the soldier there was no flag at that location his face became beat red. Then he replied “Have a nice day” and quickly walked away. He was wearing green battlefield dress, a green beret but no American flag arm patch. This man looked more like a UN soldier.

We also saw foreign troops in small platoons doing maneuvers in broad daylight, often huddled around maps trying to figure out where they were.

Such a fun place to visit – but you wouldn’t want to live there.

There’s probably a branch office of Hell, Inc. near you.

Source

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ok what are talking about here a POW camp or TICKS??????????
and how do you know that that spot out in the forrest is a pow camp?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86
ok what are talking about here a POW camp or TICKS??????????
and how do you know that that spot out in the forrest is a pow camp?

The author of this article was stating that if you want to go there and investigate, he would not recommend it, due to the ticks in the area.

I can attest to that. When I lived in Virginia I went hunting and was walking through a place near Hampton, Virginia and I literally had 200+ ticks on me within 20 minutes.

I do not know that that place is a POW camp the author believes it to be, but what is very evident is that it has been altered. It could be Missile Silo's for all we know. What is clear is that it has an entrance as shown by the photo.

This article actually reminds me of a book I just read, "Simple Genius"

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is another photo that blatantly shows the censoring, I would also like to point out that the Microsoft viewer censors the Basketball courts and buildings while Google earth does not. Although it can be argued that Google earth does censor them by mirroring images.

-kdial1

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Figures 6, 7 & 8 are images showing Peumansend Creek Regional Jail which is built on AP Hill property. Mirror image buildings are typical for correctional centers as are the outside basketball courts. Parking lots have extra capacity beyond those needed for staff and correctional officers to accommodate heavy visitation days such as weekends and holidays. I was a contractor working within the facility around 2002-2003. I was in several of the buildings performing tests on HVAC systems. At the time my work was performed, the facility housed male and female inmates.

new topics

top topics

join