It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Cheers Duffster... footage at 1:02 confirms only 3 missiles launched.

Brings doubt to AFP and the value of their photography.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Starred and flagged......

Whoever is behind the shopping needs to be ferreted out, and their motives exposed as well......Whether it's Iran, the media source or their 'handlers' they need to be outed in the headlines!!

In a game this deadly, we need to know who's telling which lies......

[edit on 10-7-2008 by frayed1]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I took the liberty of writing several of AFPs "customers" and reporting this problem to them.
People rely on being able to trust the news and one bad apple can ruin em all.
Good work Denied...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
Try this guys thought it might help

video.aol.com...

Originally posted by flice

Cheers Duffster... footage at 1:02 confirms only 3 missiles launched.

Brings doubt to AFP and the value of their photography.

But that only shows the video of the foxnews photo i posted 2nd on original post.

I didnt notice a launch that matched the first photo, or the telegraph photo in that video, unless i missed it?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi.

Perhaps some intelligence agency has had a hand in this,to make the situation look more "threatening",thus,making it easier to drum up support
for what ever action these "agencies" may carry out in future.

Guess i'm just too suspicious!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
For lack of a better word, I think that it's safe to say the photo in question is definitely enhanced.

It smacks of a deseperate need for bravado. I guess Iran forgot that there were other photographers and film crews present, when they decided to pull this little stunt.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
But that only shows the video of the foxnews photo i posted 2nd on original post.

I didnt notice a launch that matched the first photo, or the telegraph photo in that video, unless i missed it?

I would say that the two pictures (Fox and AP) are of the same launch from different angles. The Fox photo has the truck (that disappeared in the AFP photo).

I theorize that the one on the truck failed to fire, and that might be an embarrassment... So someone made it look like all of them fired.

Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I would say that the two pictures (Fox and AP) are of the same launch from different angles. The Fox photo has the truck (that disappeared in the AFP photo).

I theorize that the one on the truck failed to fire, and that might be an embarrassment... So someone made it look like all of them fired.

Just a guess.

I think your right, as amended in first post.
How would they be so stupid as to let both photo's out?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey Denied! Good thread. This got picked up on Drudge through this site. A French paper is now retracting the photo as a fake. Man the people on this site are good!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Hey Denied! Good thread. This got picked up on Drudge through this site. A French paper is now retracting the photo as a fake. Man the people on this site are good!

Cool find thank you.

so it was the Iranians.

For its part, Agence France-Presse retracted its four-missile version this morning, saying that the image of four missiles was “apparently digitally altered” by Iranian state media. The fourth missile “has apparently been added in digital retouch to cover a grounded missile that may have failed during the test,” the agency said.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I would have to assume that they faked it so as to look more "macho" (for lack of a better word). They are test firing missiles to try and tamp down Israel's rhetoric. I imagine they are quite skittish with the U.S. surrounding them via Iraq and Afghanistan and our Navy is patrolling the waters off their coast. Not making a judgement as to the rightness or wrongness of any side here, but have to say that if I was Iran I would most likely be puffing up my chest too, if only to try to get bigger dudes on the playground to stop eyeballing me like a piece of fresh meat!

Denied, BTW this is being picked up on the NYT's as well.

Obs out

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

>>> But it doesn't make sense that the Iranian media did this... If they indeed screened the shots before letting them out, then the AP footage and the dailytelegraph footage would have been altered too, and it isn't.

Dammit... I shouldn't have written AFP
I have this feeling that they are lying and who is easier to blame than the Iranians.

I think Sepah released the right footage, that's why Daily Telegraph has the 3 missile version. Then AFP was stupid enough to go in and make the shot cosmetically beautiful and add the 4th missile.

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The is new age war games. In the past ground forces would dress tree stumps up like heavy artillery and paint broom sticks and attach them to planes to look like guns. This is just the new age way of bluffing the enemy into believing that you are more dangerous. Its funny that people are shocked at these old tactics considering they have been used for a long time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok, check this out, this is the image that AP brings, copyrighting it by themselves AND Sepah:

AP footage

Notice... 3 missiles 1 truck. They don't mention AFP.......... but Sepah.

Why would Sepah send out two different images? The obvious answer is: They wouldn't...

Of all the places that show 4 missiles the agencies being mentioned is AFP, either alone or with Sepah.

If you were getting used to be the deliverer of high quality, right on the mark footage to the whole world, wouldn't you want to keep doing that... no matter what it takes?

AFP are liars... they are hoaxers... and they are a disgrace to journalism.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So you believe it was AFP that doctored the image?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey Denied, Congrats Man...

You just went into the ATS hall of Fame, you debunked this, and noticed the Fakery BEFORE ANYONE IN THE MEDIA. At least Publicly...

Major Props, and a good eye.

Like, if i were a mod, i would slap you with like 50K ATS points...

Way to go.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

**Ps, i cant take credit for spotting these myself, i found this on the net, and apparently it hit the web a few hours ago, but well worth posting on ATS.

Congrats on finding this Denied!!

But as Denied Points out he did not discover this, come on people attention to detail.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I 100% believe that AFP doctored the image. That's a clear and firm statement. Unfortunately now it's getting hard to get the screenshots to prove it.

If you come across this footage on the net, screenshot it, with the owner / author on it. I'll bet that if we hurry every single photo from AP will be with 3 missiles and every single photo from AFP will be with 4.

The statement they write beneath their "discovery" is BS.

I'm sticking with the theory of the "prettier image". Say I had been doing that shot for fictatious purpose. A movie or something... something where it is supposed to look good. I would most definately add that 4th missile and remove that truck, because it looks better.
It's about shapes... the shape you get from the photo with 4 missiles in more pleasing to the eye that the shot with the truck in it.

If it's not about showing a "beautiful" photo, then the best excuse is checking up on the relationsship between AFP and the allied forces or leaders. A comment on the story reads:

Could this be a Wag The Dog situation by the U.S. government???

Replace "U.S. government" with "allied forces" so it doesn't sound like bashing from my side.

That's a possibility too. Given that the retouch job was sooo bad, someone would pick it up sooner or later and that could be exactly what they hoped for. So first AFP get to sell a pretty image, then they get to tell the story of how desperate the Iranians are...

Again... think about it... all that footage, both pictures and video, all of them showing those three trucks firing. Sky news shows three truck firing in their video... soooo many different networks, and the only one who got duped was AFP? I don't buy it... I seriously don't.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hi guy's Just want to ask

We all know it has been photoshoped The big question is did some one from the Government do it to make Iran look like fools?

Sorry question has been asked

[edit on 10-7-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry but who exactly is working for the Iranian "Digital Image Altering Department"?
My 16 yr old kid brother is smart enough not to use the same smoke cloud twice
These Iranians crack me up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join