It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The One' - The Search for Australia's Most Gifted Psychic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thought some of you would be interested in this show. For those overseas that want to watch it, drop me a U2U and I'll see if I can work something out.

The One website

Basically the show has taken Idol-style auditions all around the country, with people entering that believe that have some sort of psychic ability.

Specialties ranged from mediums, telekinetics, aura readers etc.

The applicants were all put through several trials, all of which were observed and approved by the Australian Skeptics association.

The trials involved such things as describing an image inside an envelope they were handed.

The 7 entrants that scored the highest in these tests became the shows contestants.

Each week they are given one task that all 7 must attempt to complete, as well as an opportunity to show off their own specialties.

The task in the first week was:

15 minute time limit to locate a 'missing boy' in a 5km square area of bushland. All they are given is an unmarked map of the area and an item owned by the boy.

2 of the psychics found the boy in the time limit, one of them 'sensing something' and walking straight to him in under 3 minutes. The boy was hidden in a sleeping bag UNDER A LOG so it isn't exactly like you can stumble upon him by chance easily.

The vice-president of the Australian Skeptics appears on the program to give his views, and even he was speechless when 'pagan white witch' She found the boy so quickly.

An interesting concept for a TV show and a thoroughly entertaining program for both skeptics and believers.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by fooffstarr]

[edit on 10-7-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yer that pagan lady found the boy in like 3 minutes! I watched the first show the other night and some of them seemed quite awesome

Especially that guy in the John Edwards type setting who identified that lady who was renovating her home!! Haha that skeptic guy looked stunned loll
Anyways, i'll try and follow the show - it's interesting even just to see how accurate they can be.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I did injoy the show but i don't trust The tv as they try and make things more entertaining just to get ratings In saying this i do think that every one has the power to be a so called psychic it's just most of us don't tune in as they can to the mind But i will be sure to watch the next round

Peace love and light

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Judging from Episode 1, this series looks like it will shape up to be quite interesting!

I would like to think that a show like this can broaden the minds of skeptics, however, from my experience, skeptics will always be skeptics, unless they have a profound experience themselves personally, they will always try to deny the existance of psychic phenomena.

However, in saying that, one should always have a healthy amount of skeptisism as unfortunately there are far more imposters in the world than genuinely gifted psychics.

Dobbie

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

We should all keep score. So far 2 of the contestants have fount the target. More location tests to come.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow, this show looks awesome, I know its all for ratings, but I'd still like to watch it, I'm just a little sad that these gifted people of getting exploiting for corporation gains, but in a sense its a win-win situation, in the sense that these people are getting more exposure and publicly opening up and reintroducing a forgotten paradigm to society again.

p.s. is there any possible way I watch the episodes?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just watching another episode of The One - i've got tingles going up my spine loll

Some of these people's abilities are friggin amazing..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Episode 2 aired last night as pretty_vacant said.

Each psychic did readings on a random item taken from an audience member. Some of the results were outstanding.

Another challenge was to find a barrel in a shipping container (out of 1000 placed on a dock) within 15 minutes. My personal favourite contestant, the Reiki master, found the crate but changed his mind at the last minute. The rest, regrettably, failed miserably.

Still, it was a hard challenge.

2 psychics were sent home, taking the 7 to 5.

skyblueff0 has found a way for you to begin watching online (if you don't live in Australia), so if you do live overseas and want to see the program send me a U2U and i'll help you out.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I like the show but i must say 15 min is not very long to do the things they are asked to do

top topics

join