It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Test-Fires More Missiles in Persian Gulf; Rice Issues Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
CNN Banner on the top of the site:

Developing Story: Iran did not conduct new missile tests today, despite Iranian media reports that it did, a senior U.S. military source tells CNN.

Nothing else yet. Seems they're making stuff up now.

or CNN did.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
"Preemptive war" as a doctrine would never have been accepted without 9/11.

Really??
Did the Germans attack the United States?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is precisely why I have been jumping on and off today.

What does this mean to me and my family? Is this the start of WWIII?

Is this the time to top off what I can afford to stock up on?

Will George Bush remain in office long after the supposed elections this November?

Or will all of the running around Obama and Hillary mean J.T.'s prophecies come true and we end up with the final President being a female when the President dies?

Does Israel really think that they can blow up Iran and end the prophecies of them being destroyed?

Will Russia, China, N.Korea, Syria, Lybia, and all of the middle east plot to destroy America and all of its allies when the first bombs start flying?

By now most of you know I do not speak like this, but hey, I really want to know just how deep we are in trouble here. Do I bypass some bills and buy, or is this more tactic to make think I should therefore helping with the final buy out of the elites by spending more than I have to spend?

Generally when they use scare tactics to make us spend, it comes at the first of the month not the middle...

EDIT: Also just how many of 'our' ships are in the Persian Gulf? Shouldnt some of them be near to protect us here? How many troops are left in the US to protect us and not just the oil fields and outsourced big factories we now hold in other countries?

And could this signal the sleeper cells in America to start doing some serious terrorist acts upon our soil and that of our allies?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by antar]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

"Preemptive war" as a doctrine would never have been accepted without 9/11.

Really??
Did the Germans attack the United States?

A little history for you WT.

From Wiki:

On December 7, Japan attacked the naval bases in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. According to the stipulation of the Tripartite Pact, Nazi-Germany was required to come to the defense of her allies only if they were attacked. Since Japan had made the first move and attacked, Germany was not obliged to aid her. Nevertheless, on December 11, Hitler ordered the Reichstag to formally declare war on the United States along with the Italian Empire.

Hitler made a speech in the Reichstag on December 11, 1941 three days after the United States declaration of war on the Empire of Japan saying that

“ The fact that the Japanese Government, which has been negotiating for years with this man [ Franklin D. Roosevelt ], has at last become tired of being mocked by him in such an unworthy way, fills us all, the German people, and all other decent people in the world, with deep satisfaction...Germany and Italy have been finally compelled, in view of this, and in loyalty to the Tri-Partite Pact, to carry on the struggle against the U.S.A. and England jointly and side by side with Japan for the defense and thus for the maintenance of the liberty and independence of their nations and empires...As a consequence of the further extension of President Roosevelt's policy, which is aimed at unrestricted world domination and dictatorship, the U.S.A. together with England have not hesitated from using any means to dispute the rights of the German, Italian and Japanese nations to the basis of their natural existence...Not only because we are the ally of Japan, but also because Germany and Italy have enough insight and strength to comprehend that, in these historic times, the existence or non-existence of the nations, is being decided perhaps forever.[23]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thanks, but I don't need a history lesson from you especially since you use wiki.

My point that Germany never attacked American soil still stands.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes Germany 'did' attack the US it was called secret societies and the Fedral reserve...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Yes Germany 'did' attack the US it was called secret societies and the Fedral reserve...

Good Lord!

Is this the twilight zone or something?
secret societies?
Yeah, because this is what people think of when using the phrase 'attacked American soil'.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Thanks, but I don't need a history lesson from you especially since you use wiki.

My point that Germany never attacked American soil still stands.

Go ahead and ignore those pesky facts WT!

Here are some more facts about your main man George Bush.
Here is the link.

From The Guardian:

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to powerRumours of a link between the US first family and the Nazi war machine have circulated for decades. Now the Guardian can reveal how repercussions of events that culminated in action under the Trading with the Enemy Act are still being felt by today's president
Ben Aris in Berlin and Duncan Campbell in Washington The Guardian, Saturday September 25, 2004
Article history
George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.
The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Go ahead and ignore those pesky facts WT!

Facts

Come on man, you are joking right? Am I on Candid Camera or Scare Tactics?
Sorry, but I'm not buying your conspiracy theories.

Here are some more facts about your main man George Bush.

Umm......we were talking about WWII and the Germans. Please focus and stay on topic. Geesh!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
U.S. Destabilizes Iran via Terror Group

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This isn't actually taken from a "news" source, but I thought it merited a little attention here.

Iranian Missile Drill: Pictures do not Lie!

Maybe all the worries about the new missile drill by the Islamic Republic are just overreaction. What would you think when you realize that neither Fars News, nor Mehr News or ISNA published any picture of the event. Add to that the fact that one of the pictures the state-run IRIB published actually looks too much like a picture taken at a drill which happened two years ago.

According to this website,

This is the recent launch

And this is the photo of a launch 2 years ago!

If this is true, There actually wasn't a launch?

Maybe we can try to find some old photo's on the internet to compare.

[edit to add]

Found it, the one that I have labeled as 2 years ago, was actually a picture from November, 2006.

A few pieces of the military preparedness side of the Iran puzzle

So, either they recently did do a test launch and forgot to take pictures
, so they used photoshopped old ones, or they never did another test launch recently!

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You see. It's all part of the same BS that they fed us leading into Iraq. They are building up the 'FEAR' factor to scare Americans and Europeans into supporting action against Iran. I just pray that no one falls for this crap this time around.

The sad thing is, THEY WILL. People will swallow whatever Georgie Porgie and crew have to offer.

Here's yet another interesting part to this saga.

The missile launch images SEEM TO HAVE BEEN DIGITALLY ALTERED!

Hmmmm, wonder why that may be?

It's psycho warfare on the civilians of this planet to conive them into supporting yet another illegal war. Don't buy it.

Source

A photo showing Iranian military officials launching four missiles appears to have been digitally altered to show an extra missile, according to New York Times blog The Lede.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Should have read your post first my friend. You see, it's war alright. War against the psyche of the civilian populations of this planet being waged but the psychopaths who think they know what is best for us. It's a huge freakin joke!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Better yet, it was only ONE missile that was launched, not a bunch of them. It's so obvious what is being done here folks yet we still see these people stating how EVIL the leaders of Iran are. It's a sick joke and it's a joke on us.

Source

Iran launched only one missile on Thursday, not a new full round of tests, a senior U.S. military source told CNN, citing the latest U.S. intelligence assessments. Iranian media reported that Tehran fired a series of missiles on Thursday in a second day of long-range missile testing, but the U.S. military official said American radar and satellite data do not back the claim. It is possible that Iran tested short-range missiles on Thursday, the source added. The United States believes that Iran did fire seven missiles -- including one long-range Shahab-3 -- on Wednesday, as it claimed. But the source said one missile failed to launch and the Iranians fired it the following day, U.S. intelligence suggests.

Maybe I should be proud of my conservative roots and start the bandwagon chant now.

WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR......wait, we already have more war than we can handle.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i can see missile strikes against US bases outside iraq - say in SA and the UAE - but as long as they only hit US bases , those countries will likely remain neutral

We don't have bases in Saudi anymore. And haven't for quite a while.

So the Iranians tested some missiles, etc. Good for them.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

thank you - yes the last troops left in 2003 (relocate north i think)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jerico65

thank you - yes the last troops left in 2003 (relocate north i think)

Funny I was just thinking that US troop presence in SA was the supposed reason Osama attacked us on Sept 11. He wanted our troops out of the holy land. Well it looks like Osama got his wish!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Here are the similarities you are referring to:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

The doctrine of waiting to be attacked before retaliating (and being smug about it) became obsolete with the development of weapons of mass destruction and long range delivery systems. Add to that the emergence of countries and terrorist groups that welcome their own deaths for religious reasons. All that means that we now have to try and stop them before they attack us. The cost of waiting to be attacked is now too great. Waiting for a mushroom cloud to rise over New York with millions dead is unacceptable

Oh come on what the hell kind of mindwarped logic is that? If thats the case then Iran should attack us. Russia should too. We do ot strike first no matter what the odds are.

We need to put our white hats back on.

centurion if you are that much of a coward then why don't you move somewhere else and leave this country to the brave and virtuous.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So more photo shopping going on???

Like this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join