It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Phoenix Lights Pix!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This lady claims to have taken pictures of UFOs before and after the "event". She is a medical doctor who has written a book about the entire situation which is just about to be released. See for yourself:

New Phoenix Lights Pics

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Any ATS forum participants witness these events over Phoenix? I'd be interested to hear first-hand accounts.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

jhh

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Due to end light being higher than others, pretty much proves that this wasn't the large object some have claimed. It could still be multiple ufo's, but I am leaning towards flares.

www.thephoenixlights.net...

And did she have to mention her near death experience? What a great way to destroy any credibility she had.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by jhh]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I live in Arizona. I did not see the phoenix lights. I wish I had seen them.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If they were flares you would have been able to see the smoke in the light of the flare. Also, flares aren't stationary...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The on thing that gets me abou these lights is..........were no jets or helicopters scrambled? It seems we would have sent someone up there to have a closer look at this? And if we did, what did they see?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Seems like everyone who sees strange lights and unidentified objects always seem to write a book about them. I do see it as an easy way to cash in though!

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As for no jets being scrambled, the nearest AF base is strictly for training. There are no jets there ready for scramble. The spokesperson at the base made that clear.

It also being a training base leaves me to believe the "lights" were flares that were the result of a training screw up. I have seen footage of flares launched from planes that are exremely similar. Flares on mini-parachutes that fall extremely slowly and burn for a considerable amount of time. From the AF's point of view, why not just stay quiet and not have to deal with public outcry on a training srewup? If they cannot be traced, then why not let the public make up their own stories? Makes sense to me.

That being said, who can truly say what happened?

~Face

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I saw the Phoenix lights. They were not flares! The flares explanation is a smokescreen that the gov. is trying to pass off on GULLIBLE people. The military does not use flares over civillian populations. They are used on MILITARY GUNNERY AND BOMBING RANGES, THE NEAREST ONE OF WHICH IS ALMOST 100 MILES FROM PHOENIX!!!

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok, Groingrinder, first off, relax.

I was exploring possible explanations.

1. Now 100 miles away is not very far away for a jet.

2. Yes, Flares are primarily used for ranges, etc. That is what made me think of a possible screw up, with that particular base being primarily for training.

3. The explanation I saw supporting the flares was given by a pilot. Not the military. The AF simply stated that thye did not know what the lights were and that there were no airplanes to be scrambled to investigate.

That was all I was looking into.

~Face

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
If they were flares you would have been able to see the smoke in the light of the flare. Also, flares aren't stationary...

not neccessarily. i've seen flares dropped at night, and there is no smoke that i could see. and flares are dropped with parachutes to help keep them stationary. also, when launched they're launched with opposite force of the aircraft, so as to not keep trailing it.

i don't have a sectional chart for the pheonix area (and i'm too lazy to find one online), but it is possible that there could be a Military Operations Area (MOA) nearby. these are simliar to restricted areas, except there is no live firing done. there are flare droppings though. MOA's are mainly used for mock dogfights and other training excercises.

i did look at the pictures though, and have to say i highly doubt that they are flares. when the trainers i've seen flying drop their flares they only drop two or three. not many. though the one picture with the squiggly lines in my mind could be more fake than another. have your camera set for a 2 or 3 second exposure and wiggle it just a little and move it to the right or left, and you would get the same effect.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Could it be possible that it was a test for new flares, new technology etc? I'm not agreeing with you that they are flares, but just trying to open up other options. This topic, however, has probably been discussed before, so I'm not gonna theorize whats probably already been discussed/answered by others previous.

ET3

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Often as it seems to be the case, posters don�t engage brain before fingers hit the keyboards. Yes, all flares leave smoke. No they will not ever be released over a city except in time of emergency. Now watch the Information Control agents get on this like flies on ,,,,,,.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ET3]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
Often as it seems to be the case, posters don�t engage brain before fingers hit the keyboards. Yes, all flares leave smoke. No they will not ever be released over a city except in time of emergency.

if you're referring to me, which i think you are, i said no smoke that i could see. i didn't mean that there was no smoke, anything burning will give off smoke in some way. it was at night, and if there was any smoke it would have been hard to see. also, i'm sure they make flares as clean burning and efficient as possile, meaning there there would be very little smoke, and much more heat.

as for dropping the flares over a city, i know that that would not happen. it would freak too many people out. no harm would come from it though. the flares would burn themselves out far sooner than they landed or came in contact with another thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

As Facefirst explained they are flares that are dropped from aircraft with parachutes attached to slow their decent. As far as seeing the smoke lit up by the light, I don't know how much smoke they create, but at several miles distance I think you'd only see the cherry of the flare.

There was an investigation made for broadcast TV that took the original video and compared it with a video shot at the same location in the daylight. They overlaid the frames to show the outline of the mountain range and you could see that the lights would dissappear right when they reached the outline of that mountain range that couldn't be seen at night. The illusion happened because there was no way to tell the distance of the lights & the people looking assumed that they were really closer than they actually were.

According to the local pilots it's common practice to fly in the V formation & drop flares in training. The flares slowly falling created the illusion of foward movement because of their distance.

It was an optical illusion as I'm sure most UFO sitings are, this one had multiple sources of good video which allowed for the simple explanation after a short independent investigation.

There are some tapes I've seen where there's no doubt in my mind that there's something up there that is so far beyond our publicly available technology it has to have origins elsewhere.

The origin of the phoenix lights was the local military base doing an exercise that ended up being a cool display that was a UFO until it was identified.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
No they will not ever be released over a city except in time of emergency.
[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ET3]

That might be true, but as I explained it was an optical illusion that the lights were over the city. There are 3 air bases in the Phoenix area that I am aware of and they have room to perform exercises without being over a city.

Pardon me, for posting twice in a row, but I'm replying to a post that was made after I began typing the first reply.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I seen the Phoenix lights too

one point not mentioned...is the all day long reports
from Nevada down over Prescott & Verdi Valley of the
black V shape UFO...then it was Wicckenberg?
and the radio reports as 'it' neared Phoenix...
at maybe 8pm it was reported near Cave Creek,

the object was drifting over Camelback Mountain,
then reported directly over Indian School Road and
traveling west...some hours later
the Phoenix Lights [shown in the links] appeared...
all still within the valley,and just north of South Mountain
and maybe around 20th Avenue, of Phoenix!
~*~*~*~

my view, or guess,is this was a planned, staged event,

during the whole week before 13 March...
the Phoenix sky had dozens of those thethered mini-blimps at some 10-15 locations around the city.
(i used to do a 4 AM jog up Squaw Peak, on occassion)
[i also did camelback, just to sit at the top & reflect]
[did the wild-thing at Papago Park, Hole-in-the-rock/sunsets]
for various promotions & sales events & grand openings

during the week preceeding the 13 March UFO? Lights
there was those powerfull search beams zig-zagging
the Phoenix night sky at two distinct and repeating
locations downtown and a 3rd display at Desert Sky
Pavilion for several nights.

my fictional explaination is a coordinated group activity
thethered & fashioned an array of those mini-blimps
into a V structured 'U?FO'...festooned with flares dangling from the helium filled mini-dirgibles
which were ignighted via something like cell phone tech.

After the 'display' of 2 hours, the webbing & thethers
were released and off went the mini-blimps to upper currents..and blown away.

I would like to point out...the Phoenix Lights never
entered the Phoenix Sky Harbor landing corridors !!!

the UFO Craft? coincidently? avoided the flight paths?
by zig-zag route thru the city & around the Sky Harbor
rights of way ?!??! aw-PaShaw! come on now!

I believe an explaination will become clearer as real
investigations continue

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting explaination, riffraffalunas I never heard that mini-blimp theory until now.

Reminds me of a magazine article I read when I was a kid. It was a project for making a "real looking" UFO. It had instructions for building a mini-hot air ballon out of plastic dry cleaning bags, candles, straws, popcicle sticks and or other household items. Of course you were supposed to launch it at night to fool your neighbors in to thinking they saw a real UFO.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
riffraffalunas,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you thinking the blimps were distractions to draw attention away from the V-shaped UFO, or do you think the V-shaped object was a staged event too? Did you get a chance to see the V-shaped object or only the lights? I'd really like to hear from anyone who saw any unusual solid object, with or without lights.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I remember seeing these lights too, the only difference was that the lights I saw weren't sphere shaped they were huge rectangles. They definitely weren't flares. At first I noticed 4 strange lights to the north in a straight line then as they moved south it turned into 8 huge rectangle shaped lights in the shape of what looked like an L from my view, other witnesses saw them in a V shape. And as I recall they were in the sky for a very long time, I first noticed them around 8pm and they were still visible at 11pm, right before I entered my home and went to bed. I never believed in UFO's or aliens, but ever since that night I strongly believe that we aren't the only forms of life God created in this magnificent universe of His.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join