It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red blinking objects in the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Has anyone been seeing red blinking objects in the sky that look kind of like stars but lower to the city?
Take a look at the sky's

I have been seeing tons of UFO's for 2-3 years now so its not new to me but the ones I'm used to seeing are the "Star-like" ones off in the distance, I have posted a lot of information on that in the "Starlike objects" thread.

Now I have been seeing these Red/White blinking UFOs for a couple weeks now randomly.
I thought they were stars or planets but there's too many of them and my friends and I have seen 4 in the sky at the same time.
I have seen them disappear and reappear in different spots in the sky. I talked about them in the other thread in the last few pages.
I have managed to get them on film from my balcony on 4 separate nights and even filmed a "Starlike" UFO flying slowly near it and stopping right underneath it for a few seconds and then flying away.

Now to make sure it wasn't just a planet or star me and my friend stayed up filming it till the sun came up, and it was still bright in the sky well after the sun came up. I filmed it till it went away. and I also have footage of 2 different nights with 2 in the sky at the same time.

To the naked eye they look like they are blinking red/white, when zoomed in with the camera its like a shimmering spinning ball of white light and spinning around it is rainbow colors. And they are not perfectly ball shaped, just round with stuff sticking out of it. hard to explain but you will see soon as I get all this uploaded.

When I get the chance I have go buy firewire equipment to hook my camera to my PC so I can upload.
I'm filming the UFO's and # just for ATS because I have seen a lot of UFO videos on here and a lot of them are not the same crafts I see here in Toronto and a lot of the video may be fake or not really UFO's

However the videos posted by members in the "Starlike objects" thread are as real as it gets.

I will make to effort to get my UFO footage online as soon as I can.

So is anyone else seeing these Red/White blinking stars?, they flicker more than any other star and seem to be hovering above cities.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i saw something similar when i lived in sydney last year, i shruged it off as a satalite, havent really looked latley

after about 2-3 hours it switched off and i havent thought about it till now

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have been wanting to think they are just satellites for a while but my friends tell me there no way its satellites because of the color and how they randomly disappear and reappear, and recently I have seen them move in to place and I notice it does move a lot like alien craft like it has no gravity.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Sometimes the best explanation is the most obvious and mundane. Try thinking Airplanes when you see them. That's right, think less about alien anti gravity craft and more about airplanes when you witness these things.
I bet you will be surprised at what you see then.
Vance

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

I try to think of all the different things it can be but its not an airplane

just because it stays in the skys all night long and and airplanes can't hover in one spot they have to keep moving.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Most researchers call this things - attention! - SKY LANTERNS. See also here from german TV-News this: www.myvideo.de...

Best sight next time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I saw two of these when i was in Par, Cornwall, UK back in 1995/6.

Flying low, just above the hill tops. No noise. The one in front was lower than the one behind.

They would dissapear and reappear slightly further along. not so much of a flash, but more of a long blink.

Never known what it was.

It could be a silent running helicopter with interior cabin lights in red, but who can say.. I couldn't then and still can't

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
was too high up for an airplane, plus i know an airplane when i see one.

this light was stationary and blinked for a few hours, would it be possible to see a satellite or ISS from earth?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hi.. just ran across this post as i'm seeing basically exactly what was described.. it's like a red and white blinking star just hanging there.. it's near the horizon so i wonder if it's just a star in what would be a sunset if the sun were setting.. it's really strange.. i don't remember seeing a star there before.. aand through the binoculars it appears to blink rainbow colors.. bizzar.. anyhow i'm going to go look at it again.. bbl

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hmm I found this through websearch.. I'm trying to figure out why i've been seeing a stationary blinking light, very high in the atmosphere here in Honolulu, Hawaii... Never seen anything like it in my life. And i've stargazed with my father all growing up, with or without telescope. I know absolutely that these aren't airplanes. I starred at one of them it was to the left of the moon. It was blinking red, white and blue lights as far as I could make out. In various different patterns. I had to strain to see this, it was very far.. I looked over to the right of the moon and there was another one, the lights were flashing the same colors but much harder to see. I was thinking they might be satellites but i've never seen satellites like this before..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Typically, I consider red/blue lights that flash to be modern aircraft... planes, jets w/e. Don't think too much of it

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is too coincidental. I couldn't sleep the other night, so I got up and turned on the TV. I looked outside my bay window ( faces Lake Michigan ) and these so called "Stars" caught my attention. At first I thought they were just stars but as I watched them, there was the normal white flickering but then the red showed up. There were two of them fairly close together, both with the same red and white flicker. I too shrugged them off as aircraft, but when I kept glancing out the window, they seemed to remain stationary.
I finally got out a pair of binoculars and tried to get a closer look. They maybe moved around a little, but stayed pretty much in the same location. I live right on the coast of Lake Michigan, between Green Bay, WI, and Sheboygan, WI.
I have seen satelites in the sky before and they are not stationary. I am going to get my telescope set up for the next time I see them. It has been cloudy here for a few days, so "star gazing" has not been an option.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
Typically, I consider red/blue lights that flash to be modern aircraft... planes, jets w/e. Don't think too much of it

I think a much more likely explanation is star scintillation.

It's amazing how few people are aware of this phenomenon. I remember in high school I noticed the same thing - "starlike" objects lower to the horizon that flash distinct colours, mostly red and green. I asked my physics teacher about it and he had no idea what I was talking about - suggesting I was probably on drugs!

Well...I probably was
...but thankfully I looked it up anyway and learned that stars not only twinkle but also change colour and "jiggle". It's all due to optical effects as the starlight gets bounced around while passing through our atmosphere. It's more noticeable closer to the horizon because there's more atmosphere for it to pass through.

It's also a very common reason for misidentified UFO's, you can read more about it here:
When Stars Become UFOs

Just don't ask your physics teacher!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Last night between 1am and 3am (New Zealand time) I saw two odd events; both a white blinking light, the first moved rather erratically from near the west side of Orion to pretty close to the LMG blinking every 10secs (very regular) then another later to the north of Orion moved eastwards such more slowly.
I observed the second one (with my partner, I woke her up for it) through my Meade EXT125. It was close to earth as I had to adjust the focus from the background to see it. You could see the blinks very brightly about the same mag as Betelgeuse but very white with a definite after-glow after the blink events. It looked elongated.
Im picking satelites but who knows.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I live in southeastern Wisconsin and I have been seeing the same things lately. I look at the stars every night and was pretty excited when I saw what looked like a bright star but flashing red, blue, and white. I researched and found out that it is the start Sirius and this is what it said: Sirius is white in color but its brilliance makes it scintillate or appear to change colors as it twinkles from unsteady air in Earth’s atmosphere. Sirius is best seen in the night sky during the winter months of January through March.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have also seen these.I thought they were u.f.o's at first but they are in the same region of the sky everynight. I came to think they were probably sattelites . We could be seeing different things though.I do alot of stargazing and have seen some things that didnt to appear to be sattelite or airplaines. Im am also guilty of misjudging planes for u.f.o's too lol.Who knows what could be flying around up there . I have found it very interesting to keep an eye out for them though

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Was this close to what you were seeing?youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazmatazzR
Was this close to what you were seeing?youtu.be...

LOL..the filmer was hiding under the house gutter. Afraid of being beamed up? He didn't know how to ZOOM either.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buds84

I see this almost daily. I posted some pictures in the thread I just made of some of these "things". I'm hoping they aren't just nebulas or stars or the usual suspects.

Lens flares, balloons, birds and that kind of # doesn't explain it.

new topics

top topics

join