It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will never forget that pink flash.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So recently I have found myself as the "me too" poster; a few members have posted their experiences that are so close to mine I felt compelled to say "hey, that happened to me too." I have been reluctant to post without evidence I guess because I don't want to be that person that is, as people say around here, "flamed." But I decided to bite the bullet and post here in the paranormal forum in the hopes to find possible explanations to a phenomenon that I have wondered about for years and have never found anyone who has had a similar experience nor has an explantion for it. Here goes:

I was traveling to Hawaii to meet friends (it was spring break and I believe the year 2000) and was on the second part of the flight from Cali to the Big Island when I experienced a very odd light phenomena. I was traveling alone and was passing the time by listening to the different in-flight channels with head phones that connect to the arm rest. It was one of those jumbo planes and I was in the middle section on an isle seat. -Stay with me now.- So I had my eyes closed because I was trying to zone out; not meditating or even sleepy at all when I saw I pink flash. With my eyes closed!!

It was the strangest thing I have ever not seen. Let me try to explain... So all I was "seeing" with my eyes closed was darkness when all of a sudden a pinpoint of pink light started from the front of the plain and strobed once through me and to the back of the plain while getting bigger and brighter as it went. It happened in the matter of about three seconds. I will never forget that pink flash.

I immediately opened my eyes to look around to see if anyone else had seen this. A handful of other people were looking around like I was. I broke the silence to say "You saw that too didn't you?" One guy close to me said "ya!" I asked, "what did you see?" He replied, "A pink light!" The others started to turn back to whatever they were or weren't doing. Me: "What do you think it was?" He started to turn back in his seat, "... I don't know... nothing." And that was it!!! These few people that had seen this shut their minds off to it and then nothing.

I couldn't believe it! This amazing thing we just saw and nobody was interesting in thinking about it. I was shocked. It was like it didn't even happen anymore to them. My mind was whirring. Here we were in the middle of nowhere cruising in the air above the Pacific and a pink light just... scanned us. That is the only way I could describe it.

I thought is it military? Is it some sort of natural quarts flash? A sun phenomenon? WTH was it? It was night time so I thought, some strange lightning? We were not traveling through a storm. There was no turbulance. It was beyond me. And to this day I have not heard of anything else like it. I know it happened because of the reaction of the handful of other people reacting as well.

Someone here at ATS please shed some light on this for me -no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

" This amazing thing we just saw and nobody was interesting in thinking about it."

FWIW

the bible says, that people in the "end times" would be willfully ignorant....

I have a friend that flew alot, I'll have to ask him about this.
thanks for the post...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ya, it was eerie how one by one they just turned back around. I felt like I was in the middle of a twilight zone episode.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I did a web search on pink flash and pink beam of light

and got some fantasy hits and a novel and a psychology hit

but after that, it occurred to me, that the plane was probably scanned.

but by whom, and why, remain the great unanswered question...if I'm right.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I mean pink is such an unnatural light color, isn't it? Is there pink in the aurora sometimes that why I was thinking sun effects. I have no clue. I really have never heard of anything like this. I will say that when I was in Hawaii I saw weird military activity that is why the thoughts on military.

Hawaii and the area around Hawaii is all Military flight zone isn't it? I mean since the bombs it has been highly protected.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

I suppose it could be an natural anomalie, but there is nothing I could find to support that.

And since I knew about the blue beam which has been reported to paralyze people, I kinda figgerd, that the pink one very well may have been a scan of some kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I don't think I know anything about a blue beam. I think there is something called Project Bluebeam that has something to so with religious holograms being projected.
I will go google now.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
After weeding through all the Project Bluebeam nonsense I found a few testimonies of people being scanned by a blue beam and losing time. I don't believe I lost time. It is just as bizarre though, I never heard of that one either.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What do you mean by "losing time"?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kohr-Ah

Oh tosted was saying that he knew reports of people being paralyzed and I googled and found that these some people said to have been paralyzed by a blue light and lost time... woke up three hours later and such. I was just saying nothing of this sort happened to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i just wanted to say thanks for sharing! It is really an interesting thing to have happen. The main reason I wanted to post was to agree with you how lame it is that no one wanted to talk about it.

I have hopes that people aren't all stupid or wilfully ignorant, and that it was simply the ol' aeroplane thing where a lot of times people dont want to talk cuz its kinda loud and hard to hear and other ppl like quiet on planes to sleep etc. But it could be people these days are getting dumber too...

Anyway thanks for sharing and i hope we can figure out what it was. i have never had anything like that happen to me.

At first i was thinking since your eyes were closed maybe someone just turned on an overhead light and since it was shining through your eye lids it looked pink and everyone else saw it too because they were in the surrounding seats.. but who knows.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

Ya, a lot of people were trying to watch some movie. It was very quiet. I am sure people were very anxious to get to Hawaii being it was the last leg of the trip. But even so, this was extraordinary and people were very whatever about it. I think it was because they couldn't get their head around it so they just shut down. I also have a theory that the only people who saw this were those of us who were awake but had their eyes closed.

You said:

"At first i was thinking since your eyes were closed maybe someone just turned on an overhead light and since it was shining through your eye lids it looked pink and everyone else saw it too because they were in the surrounding seats.. but who knows."

This is a good guess, however, a lot of the overhead lights were already on and I could see the "brighter darkness" through my eyelids but this was different. I could actually see this BALL of pink light coming towards me and through the whole plane. It wasn't like "seeing" or sensing light with your eyes closed; that is more of an all over eyelid light. This light was like I was standing in a dark room with my eyes open watching a pick ball zoom towards me while enveloping everything around as it neared me.

It was the weirdest thing ever and apparently very hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So I looked up airplane, beam and found this :

A visual approach system for indicating the glide slope and course of an aircraft to a runway. The system includes a plurality of light beam generators of various colors enclosed by tubular light shields for precisely controlling the divergence angles of the beams. The angles of the shields with respect to each other and the runway are precisely controlled to generate an accurately positioned glide slope and course to the runway. In one embodiment a center light beam of a first color has an axis extending along the glide slope and course to the runway. In one embodiment a center light beam of a first color has an axis extending along the glide slope and course to the runway. A first pair of different colored beams extend along the top and bottom of the center beam for indicating deviations from the glide slope, and a second pair of different colored beams extend along opposite sides of the center beam for indicating deviations from the course to the runway. In a second embodiment a pair of vertically aligned light beam generators which are angled with respect to each other are pointed toward the aircraft with the lower edge of the top beam intersecting the upper edge of the bottom beam. The lights are of different colors so that the interface between the two beams defines the glide slope. In order to prevent color mixing, it may be desirable to alternately illuminate each of the light beam generators so that light is seen from only one light beam generator at a time. In a third embodiment two spaced units are used to define the glide slope, each having a pair of vertically aligned beams with the lower edge of the top beam extending along, but separated from, the upper edge of the lower beam. The first unit is positioned near the end of the runway with adjacent edges of the vertically aligned beams coincident with the lower edge of the glide path. The second unit is positioned approximately 500 feet further down the runway with the adjacent edges of the vertically aligned beams coincident with the upper edge of the glide path. The bottom beams of both units are visible when the aircraft is below the glide path, the top beam of the first unit and the bottom beam of the second unit are visible when the aircraft is on the glide path, and both top beams are visible when the aircraft is above the glide path. In a fourth embodiment, two units placed alongside a center unit may be used to produce, through a triggering sequence, apparent motion to the pilot of an airplane to adjust his craft to the proper approach course. In a final embodiment, multiple light beams are triggered sequentially to produce an apparently moving color pattern, and the direction of apparent motion indicates the vertical direction to be flown to intercept the glide path.

Can anyone make sense of this?

It was on a patent site for a visual approach system. It doesn't really make sense though because we were still about an hour out from the island.

Also It seems like this works only when the plane is near the runway.

Is there an engineer or pilot out there that can tell me about a pink light?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
was just wondering,

what was the date and time?

it may help to narrow it down.

and I seriously doubt that glide path lights were what you experienced since you were not landing or taking off...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Holy crap!!!! I think I just solved my own puzzle.

I found this while hunting.

Is anyone familiar with this?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Researchers can then determine the location, distribution, and nature of atmospheric particles and molecular species using an advanced lidar method called the Differential Absorption Lidar (DIAL) technique.

molecular species!!!

Way cool... I was scanned!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's the Lase home page.

Well I have to say I am a little disappointed that I wasn't scanned by aliens.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
" Researchers operate LASE in the near infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum and set one laser pulse to one wavelength, so water vapor will absorb the radiation, and another laser pulse to a slightly different wavelength to measure aerosols and clouds. LASE compares the two laser pulses as the atmosphere reflects them back to the telescope "

quite possible, that this is it.

so, instead of being scanned on purpose, seems like the plane was just in the way of the beam

or at least that's the cover story anyways.

FWIW, that beam may have more capabilities than is reported. just sayin'...

and....I wonder how many scans it takes to do eye damage...it IS a laser...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

"and....I wonder how many scans it takes to do eye damage...it IS a laser..."

That is exactly what I said to my husband. We were kind of like guinea pigs. Hopefully no long term effects. Something I read while sniffing around said that they'll scan with a lower frequency because of eye damage, but who's to say that was a low frequency because I saw this with my eyes closed.

"so, instead of being scanned on purpose, seems like the plane was just in the way of the beam"

I do think the plane was purposely scanned because on that first link I posted on the NASA page they said they would be experimenting on a plane in Dec. of 2000. This does match my trip. I remember now that this particular trip was in winter not spring but it was on winter break in-between semesters. I will say though I thought it was Jan. but I guess I would have to research exactly the date of my flight and also the type of airplane. I think I saved my ticket because it was such a fun trip -and I am a pack-rat.

During my research I found that a lot of these scans are done from ships so you could be right about mistakenly scanning the plane, however, as I mentioned above it seems to land exactly around the time they would be doing these tests.

Also thanks for your interest; it seems you are one of only two who have replied and I appreciate your participation. I find this extremely interesting.

"that beam may have more capabilities than is reported"

I believe this as well. What else I have no idea, but if that scan went right through everyone and everything on the plane I can't imagine it is only used for atmospheric reasons. Even the phrase "molecular species" I found very interesting although I know that it probably just a fancy word use for say comparing water molecules to carbon dioxide and some such.

I do also have to say I feel a little sheepish that I didn't do all of this investigating long ago. I found myself acting as those very people who went back to doing their own thing. I, however, never allowed myself to forget it.

This thread should probably also be moved out of the paranormal.

edited to correct discombobulated post

[edit on 11-7-2008 by anyone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Could this have something to do with Chemtrails too, maybe something is going on up there in the sky and people are somehow in danger of what is going on and maybe an Angelic battle is going on. I have filmed footage of planes with orb type things flying passed them and they appear from no where like those Mexican UFOs. I doubt they are solid metalic crafts and are probably live beings maybe Angels or something in disguise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join