It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an American Ask me a question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay
reply to post by titorite

why are you circumsized?

Because my parents had it done to me as a baby and I did not really have a choice in the matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by titorite
In all honesty I do not believe their are any winners in war.

Very well said, and so true.

I don't think the average person believes that?

Yes. The most small minded of people believes that. To think that humans are a warmongering lot is a simple, agenda based argument that is easily disproved by centuries of lying to the "public" to draw them into war. It wouldn't be necessary to do so if we essentially wanted conflict. If you read individual accounts of the American Civil War, they were very aware about what they were fighting for. And it isn't what we're told now.

From The Reichstag Fire, the Japanese Invasion of Manuchuria (which was THE initiating cause of WWII), the USS Maine, The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, and Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. These are just recent examples.

All PROVEN ruses to bring a less than war hungry people into a war that individual entities wanted to be fought. Not to mention many that are very believable but not entirely provable, yet.

People, for the most part, don't want to send their fellow man off to die any more than is necessary. But they can be tricked into believing it is necessary.

So my question to you as an American is: How can we avoid warfare with Iran because the powers-that-be wish for that to happen? And how will the smug, enlightened people that believe everyone else is an uneducated, blood-thirsty troglodyte fall into the same trap? Because they're as easily tricked as anyone!

Oh, and what would you rather do....

Dump raw sewage into a lake, light gasoline on fire for fun or shoot someone randomly on the street?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
If you could live anywhere in the world, would you take peanut butter with you?

I would. Only if jelly and bread were available though.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

So my question to you as an American is: How can we avoid warfare with Iran because the powers-that-be wish for that to happen? And how will the smug, enlightened people that believe everyone else is an uneducated, blood-thirsty troglodyte fall into the same trap?

Oh, and what would you rather do....

Dump raw sewage into a lake, light gasoline on fire for fun or shoot someone randomly on the street?

HOW!?! I can't speak for everyone but as for me and you... Just say no if they try to draft us. I am not sure we can stop those in power from doing what they desire. As for how the "others" will fall into the same trap... probably the same way the USS Maine was sallowed.....

As for you last question... Light gasoline on fire for fun. It doesn't hurt anyone and it looks cool at night.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I asked God this but he didn't, or couldn't, answer.

How do you get the caramel into the Caramilk bar?

Hahah, just having some fun with this.

Seriously, though, here are some real questions.

Where are you in USA?
Do you feel comfortable living there in the face of all the doom and gloom predictions?
Do you believe in the FEMA concentration camps?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I asked God this but he didn't, or couldn't, answer.

How do you get the caramel into the Caramilk bar?

Hahah, just having some fun with this.

Seriously, though, here are some real questions.

Where are you in USA?
Do you feel comfortable living there in the face of all the doom and gloom predictions?
Do you believe in the FEMA concentration camps?

I think the caramel is injected into a caramilk bar.

I am in Central Texas.

No I do not feel comfortable living here. I will be moving soon to a secluded are to begin a life of homesteading.

Yes I believe there are FEMA camps and yes just like what happened in Katrina and what is happening in Iowa should anything go wrong in MY community I have no doubt the feds would deny me entry to my home and attempt to relocate me to a FEMA camp.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Say is you avatar inspired from the game Phantom Dust?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Not sure. I'm not familiar with that game.
I found the image on deviantart. Thought it looked like a cool ats avatar, so I borrowed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Yes I believe there are FEMA camps and yes just like what happened in Katrina and what is happening in Iowa should anything go wrong in MY community I have no doubt the feds would deny me entry to my home and attempt to relocate me to a FEMA camp.

I guess you were the wrong American to ask about fema, if thats how you think it went down. Fema is a lot of things but this is the furthest from the truth that I have heard.

I live spitting distance from NOLA. I can see the city from my back yard.

I'll give you an example of what fema did. One of my best friends was left with a slab after the storm. He was able to get rental assistance for several years. (still gets it) to the tune of about $1200 a month. It took a while but late last year he was given $100,000.00 from the feds for his trouble and he gets to keep the lot which he only paid 50k for in the first place (small). He is now selling the place for 50k as property value has shot way up in this area.

Most people in FEMA camps as you put it also got the 100k. Trust me I know quite a few. The gov was no where around these places, just security guards to stem the drug sales and shootings. FEMA may be a lot of things, slow, corrupt, and so on but they did more for these people then they would have ever done for themselves. They're all riding around here on 20's with fresh golds in their mouth.

1 fema camp that i know well "was" the one near the home I'm building on the gulf coast in MIss. Lets see, the beach is right across the street. There's no fences. You can hear the Hank Williams jr. and smell the barbecue for miles. Judging from the amount of rebel flags and empty beer cases around the place, I think it would be safe to say, they were right at home in the place. While they waited for their 100k.

There's plenty to bash the gov about, we don't need to make things up, or believe what you see on CNN.

Sorry for the log post but I feel a realistic picture needed to be painted..

[edit on 10-7-2008 by john-Q]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by john-Q

Sorry for the log post but I feel a realistic picture needed to be painted..

[edit on 10-7-2008 by john-Q]

You did not ask a question.

And your "view" is false. My older sister is a high ranking member of the Houston Fire Department who handled the Astrodome Katrina refugees. You paint a prettier picture but that is all it is.... a painted picture. Its not what was.

BTW you meant long not log right?

[edit on 10/18/2007 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Does anyone else from a nation outside of the US have a question? Insider Americans are welcome to ask questions too, although if your already an American you could also just do a Q and A with yourself. Otherwise I wait to satisfy your curiosity.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

This is a multi-part question

as an american

1.) Do you feel Katrina was handled well given the circumstances
2.) If not - with whom does the blame lie with
3.) Do you feel the midwest flooding in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana was handled well?
4.) If not - with whom does the blame lie with
5.) And finally - as an american, do you feel there is any differences in the flooding in New orleans, vs. the flooding in the midwest?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What do you think of people from Long Island?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

This is a multi-part question

as an american

1.) Do you feel Katrina was handled well given the circumstances
2.) If not - with whom does the blame lie with
3.) Do you feel the midwest flooding in Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana was handled well?
4.) If not - with whom does the blame lie with
5.) And finally - as an american, do you feel there is any differences in the flooding in New orleans, vs. the flooding in the midwest?

1 Of course not. Relief trucks were turned back, aid denied,.... I have already spoke of my sisters role in that event but there was one other. I belonged to a support group at the time. There was this one fellow who HATED his life. A real miserable guy. He did a week of relief work in NO when they finally started letting relief workers in... When he got back he was a changed man. He said he had seen some of the most horrific sights of his life, and that he was no longer miserable with his life that he was in fact happy for everything he had...It may of been one of those things you hadd to see to believe but he became a changed man.

2 the blame lies all over the place. On those that had the means to leave but choose not too. On those who had the means to take more with them but did not offer, On Fema, on the truckers that obeyed Fema, too much blame to go around not enough solutions. I believe Katrina was your classic Cluster muck. But it did not happen by accident.... Many people in and around they area owned scanners. Those ham operator enthusiasts reported things you never heard on the news.Stuff a happy rational person would not want to hear.

3 The midwest flooding is is again being handled by FEMA and time will judge how it was handled as it is still a situation in progress. And you left out Iowa. Not a criticism just saying.

4. see answer to number three.... but from what I have seen already. Fema is in classic form. If you check out Youtube or liveleak you can see what the residents think for themselves.

5 Yes many I see similarities too.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is it true that people from Lubbock have tails?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
What do you think of people from Long Island?

The only time I might of even met a long Islander is when I went to a MayDay festival in battery park... I think it was battery park... It had a great view of the statue of liberty.

New Yorkers of all burrows impressed me with their politeness... It was great.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Is it true that people from Lubbock have tails?

No, people from Lubbock do not have tail. On a personal note do you have an IP tracking service? Lubbock is only within a 100 miles of me?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join