It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unxeplainable Light In The Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Up until tonight, I have been one of the vocal skeptics in UFO phenomena...until now.

I am not going to tell you that a bipedal evolved fish-man came into my apartment and I knifed him to death after he tried to take a hold of my girlfriend...I am not going to tell you that my blinds fell out of my window after I woke up during an alien encounter...and I am not going to tell you that I was taken in a beam of light to an area of unknown origin where gray aliens communicated with me telipathically...I am simply going to tell you what happened to me tonight.

Recently, online and on the news (CNN) I had been hearing a lot about "Star-like objects, moving in the sky," and I have taken heed to it. Tonight, was the first clear night since this weekend outside of Pittsburgh, PA where I currently reside. I decided to take a gamble, and look up at the stars for about twenty minutes.

Making my way up to our "Chapel" (the highest point on campus, I live on a local college campus that is away from the city, no light pollution) I lied down and relaxed At first, I made out the Big Dipper and some various other stars that surrounded it. I got a Point of Reference, which is something I think is incredibly important when you observe anything in space. I stared at this area of space for approximately 10 minutes, laying on my back, enjoying a cigarette. When the first cigarette burned out, I simply flicked it to the side. About five minutes later I saw an airplane pass overhead. When the airplane was out of view, I noticed a flash, a "new star" towards the upper-part of the big dipper. Intrigued, I observed this "new star" for a few moments, when I began to realize it was moving in conjunction with the Big Dipper, southwards. This "new star" had an intense brightness to it, one like I had never seen before. As I continued to watch this "new star" I began to notice it's pulsating quality. It was pulsating from brighter to darker at about three seconds per interval. I tracked this, when suddenly it made a sharp, 85 to 90 degree turn and flashed to a much more luminescent brightness, and then "out of existence" as I describe it. After this experience I lit up a cigarette and said to myself "Bring it on." Unfortunately nothing happened, and I ended up getting up and walking back to my apartment.

Now, I have recently read the Starlike Objects thread, and have heard various locals, nationals and international people corroborate this story. I never thought I would see it myself. The reason I have not posted this in JustJoeMusic's thread, is because it was my first "true" sighting of what I believe was an alien craft. Very interesting. I am not saying you should all should jump on the UFO bandwagon, but I am interested in hearing the other experiences like mine out there. Apparently a lot of you have started to turn your attention to the night sky, and have been seeing these sorts of things. I would like this to turn into a CIVIL discussion forum on what these strange moving lights seem to be. Are they alien craft? Are they souls? Are they simply just space debris? I would like to know, now that I have experienced this. Any insight, or past experiences would be welcome. Hopefully we can reach some conclusion, or hold out till when this news hits the MSM.

Please share your experiences, thoughts, etc here. It will be constructive for all of us. Are we really starting to ascend into a new dimension? Our solar system has begun to move towards the center of the galaxy...is this a local phenomena? Or do the people who perceive this all have a dopamine deficiency? Whatever your theory, please share it here. I look forward to debating or even discussing this subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Before any of you make any judgments, I'd like to entertain some theories that I have. Feel free to please debunk these ASAP, I'd love for this to be an alien craft...

A.) Is this a byproduct of HAARP, or holographic projections for a sinister agenda?

B.) Is this CERN? Has CERN's particle collider produced a causation effect of stars moving, glowing to their previous conditions?

C.) Is this a "Watcher" as appeared in various religious texts. And have these "Watchers" been out there all along?

D.) Is this a byproduct of our solar system entering the "spin" or "black hole" towards the center of our galaxy?

E.) Is this an alien craft?

All theories are welcome, please feel free to explore, expand, offer your own theory, etc. I know a lot of you have viewed this recently.

The main question is, what do you make of these "moving stars?"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just want to add my 2 cents as to what they really are.
I believe they are alien spacecraft just because of the amazing high speed they move. faster than any human can control.
Any how they were human military crafts, we would have a lot of crashing going on and a lot of dead human bodies being picked up around the world because with those high speed you can bet most people wont control anything that fast without messing up the first minute they get there ass in the cockpit.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

In posted a thread that was never visited with my video of the object I saw. These things are not space junk, and they just might be Alien.

But I am glad that most people stopped thinking that the "pulsing" effect alone was a craft. It's the movements that matter....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For how long was it visible ?

Its too difficult to say what it was and I guess it will remain unexplained forever.

My only guess is, when a micro meteor falls from directly overhead towards you, it may appear moving across the sky very slowly because its coming directly towards you and if it changes direction at any angle, it will mostly appear as if it is taking sharp turns.

Just try to picture it in your mind. Something coming straight at you and burning bright. In the end it disappears, burns out.

Of course, if you think it stayed there for more than 1-2 minutes you can rule out the meteor thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I saw a "pulsing star" myself last year,it changed from red to green to blue.I honestly thought it was otherworldly until someone suggested an Iridium Flare was the most likely explination.I had to agree.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It was visible for about 5 to 7 seconds before it made the sharp turn. It flashed brighter than it had been before and disappeared.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The "lights" we saw...and there were approximately 5 of them...were not only moving...they were making maneuvers...turns...darting off at incredible speed...stopping....almost playing with one another. One was much brighter than the others and we called it the mothership, jumping to a conclusion on the spot.

In my opinion, they were one of 2 possibilities....and no others.

1. Manmade, outer atmosphere, secret military craft
2. Extraterrestial

Either way, they were intelligently driven. I have no doubt in my mind.

edit to ad our sighting lasted approximately 30 minutes.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by starcraft]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am bumping this thread simply because of all the similar sightings that are happening on an almost continual basis.

Instead of sitting around tonight arguing about what mufon has published about an event in January in Texas...maybe some of us should just go outside and have a look ourselves? They're up high folks, don't be looking for a spinning disc out your livingroom window. Look towards the stars. You'll see satellites...you'll see falling stars(meteorites)...you'll see high flying aircraft......but, just maybe you're going to see something that will just blow you away.

Look toward The Big Dipper...and I recommend binoculars.

These sightings are incredible if you catch some making the maneuvers we've described. I can't personally take video of such things, if it was even possible. So, you ask for proof. What we are saying is....go look for yourself. They are there. Some say nightly, if you have such patience....and a comfortable chair that allows you to look up. I learned early that uncomfortable viewing makes for a sore neck the next day.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
My name is AgentDrex and I tend to see moving lights in the sky quite a bit. Now, as I tell people about the sightings, I get a lot of flack and a lot of explanations. Most of the people I tell believe these lights are nothing more than the hundreds/thousands of satellites we have circling the earth. I guess I am not one to immediately rule out this idea, nor other ideas as I really have no idea myself what these could be. Well, I do have a few ideas. If they are indeed satellites then visiting science.nasa.gov... should confirm that there were indeed satellites moving in the same direction and speed as that of the object I viewed. This has been the case in 5 percent of the lights I've seen. So apparently the tracker does not track all of the satellites that could be viewable, or the lights were not satellites. What else could they be? Meteorites? Seriously? Could they move slowly like that and not appear as if though they are burning through the atmosphere? Some people claim they are nothing more than airplanes. That seems odd, where are the navigation lights? These moving lights I see do not blink but are steady. Then they ARE airplanes, people say. The light on the front of the aircraft is all I can see and its moving towards me, blocking out view of any flashing navigation lights. I digress though, these lights are not coming towards me but headed in all sorts of directions. Some faster than others, some making sudden turns, some even stopping movement until I fool myself into believing I didn't actually see what I saw. Somethings going on, either I am just seeing satellites, they are airplanes (secret or known), space debris, or visitations. Whatever they are, I look forward every night to seeing them and share the experience with non-believing friends.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey there DocEmrick, this is a very interesting subject and I have witnessed similar things. I would have definately said that your sighting was likely to be tht of an Iridium flare as Bseven suggested:

en.wikipedia.org...

If it weren't for the fact that it changed course. This factor throws out the Iridium flare explaination as a possible and makes it a great deal less likely that it was a meteor or debris as these things tend not to alter their trajectory all that often.

I made a thread last week to compile information on the seeming upsurge in 'activity' in space and the skies in general to try to determine if there is any link:

here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't mind I'd like to link your thread (this one) in mine as it relates.

thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
starting in January 2009, I began to notice that the stars looked brighter and there was more of them than there usually is. I then started noticing that the brighter stars were moving in a way that I had never seen. It was like they were swimming through the night sky like a jellyfish. Once I saw them moving,I became almost obsessed with watching them. I would lay out and watch them for hours every night. Then I realized that EVERY star is moving! It's just easier to track the brighter ones,but they are all moving the same weird way. I watched continously, trying to find a pattern in the directions they were moving in, but couldn't. I am a big believer in God and try to read some of the bible every day, so when I saw this, it immediately reminded me af Acts 2:19 when God is speaking of the time of judgement and He says"AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE"(New American Standard Bible). Also,the book of Enoch (which isn't in the bible,but should be) could explain what's going on as well. Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather. In Genseis 5:21-24 it says this about Enoch:'21Enoch lived sixty-five years, and became the father of Methuselah. 22Then Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he became the father of Methuselah, and he had other sons and daughters. 23So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.' In his book Enoch says that while he walked with God, he was shown and explained by the angels all the secrets of heaven and sheol (the abyss,hell). I can't go into the whole book of Enoch here, but if you are interested in reading it for yourself you can read it free at www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe. I personally believe that a person needs to read AND UNDERSTAND the book of Enoch before he/she can even begin to grasp how things work and God's plan for us.
We are going to focus on the stars here though. Now according to Enoch, stars come forth to earth through portals in heaven. Each individual star by itself, according to their number and their names, their courses and their positions, and their times and their months. Through each of these small portals pass the stars of heaven and run their course to the west on the path which is shown to them and God has appointed. And he calls on them by their name and they hearken unto Him. Each is weighed in a righteous balance according to their proportions of light. And Enoch asked the angel what this mystery was and the angel told him that the stars are the holy who dwelt upon the earth and believe in the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. It also says that He appoints a judge for each of them so none will hinder. So, basically they have a little bubble that they have to stay in and follow their appointed paths, but they can move all around in that bubble. Now, knowing that stars are the righteous that have been here on earth and worship the Lord day and night, another verse comes to mind that might make sense of things: Revelation 6:9-11 says: 9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow bondsmen and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. Could it be that the stars moving in the sky is a sign that the souls have awakened and are asking when it will be time? Just a few thoughts to ponder on. Sorry it was so long, but it's hard to speak of a complex subject as this one in only 4000 words. I hope at least someone gains some knowlege from this. Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick

I am not going to tell you that a bipedal evolved fish-man came into my apartment and I knifed him to death after he tried to take a hold of my girlfriend...I am not going to tell you that my blinds fell out of my window after I woke up during an alien encounter...and I am not going to tell you that I was taken in a beam of light to an area of unknown origin where gray aliens communicated with me telipathically...

ur not ???
well c ya

srry about that
on a more serious note good thread,good job
my opinion is there alien,but after witnessing more then ten of them at difrrent knight,i cant help but thinking
some crzy ... conspiracies might be true after all
like 50 year ahead in technology
crafts living inside the earth maybe
i dunno
i gues our best bet is secret goverment stuff

although somehow i get the feeling these are also (also)alien

edit on 10-9-2010 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join