It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many users are on-line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
how hard would it be to display how many users are on-line at any given time?

not that i have any real reason to know, other than it would be neat and interesting to know how many people are posting at any given time. also i think it might give us users a real time view of the most active posting times of the day.

i know that under the avitar it says if a person is on-line or not, and i wouldnt expect a list of every one.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Scroll to the bottom of the following page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ok cool.

i never noticed that before. but then agin i never use the home page.

thanks alot.

mods even if i think you guys are tyrannical dictators (just kidding)

yall are verry help full..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

The only problem with that I have found. That a name will show to be logged on....however, that person may have logged out already.

I will often look for someone to see if they are online. It will show they are online. However, if I look at a post they have made, it will show they are offline.

Anyone else ever notice this? Or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

If someone logs off you won't see a change until you reload the page.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

reply to post by ANOK

I've noticed that too, Gel and I think the person's name will still show up in that list for up to 30 minutes after they log off or quit moving around the site for 30 minutes.

Even if you are online but are inactive for more than five minutes (let's say, if you're taking a while to reply to a thread, you walk away from your computer but ATS is still open, or take a while to read a thread) your mini profile will then begin to say 'Member was online 5 minutes ago... 10 minutes ago... 22 minutes ago...' etc. until you submit your comment or begin to move around the site again.

So I guess you still show up for up to 30 minutes (a couple of times I noticed the names disappeared after 20).

Ya, I guess this comment is kind of my admission I'm an ATS stalker. Sorry! Kind of creepy but I like to watch things and figure stuff out.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL I've never noticed that before...Stalker!

new topics

top topics

join