It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Apollo 11 Image enhancements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
After a year or so, plus a few months of thinking about this, I finally decided to show the ATS forum something I stumble across.

I have been fascinated with the Apollo project all of my life, since I was a young boy. The ever present will to see space and go to the moon has always been with me, driving my dedication to knowing what I be taught about mans journey to the moon.

I was going through the Apollo image atlas during December 2006 and found a rather impressive Hasselblad image from Apollo 11. What drove me to look at this image was the Amazing reflectivity on the surface of this "mountain side"!!!

Here is the Apollo Image Atlas current image...

Something bizarre and duly noted is after I started doing this image research and enhancements, NASA changed the file from 54kb to a wapping 16kb, WHY?

The Image that I worked with is here...

What made it clear that this needed further investigation was the rather strange appearance of surface features and boundary between the MOON surface and the Mountain surface.

After countless hour of trying to get the detail out, clarification in; I found that this is truly amazing image and who-ever took this image knew exactly what they were looking at!!!

Here is what I talking about. My enhancement in Photoshop Inverted and Solorized, everything black is lit by the sun! I also rotated the Canvas to ease the look of surface features.

Here is what the Enhancement looks like....

It has been awhile that I was thinking about this, having this come to light. I would suspect that this is some structure of some kind, look at the hexagonal patterns in the area that has collapsed inside, again like I said I was completely astounded to find this!!!

Let me know what the ATS crowd can find out about this region, and what you have to input about this amazing image from Apollo 11.

more to come...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wow not even one person to say I need glasses....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
being at work, i have very limited access to tools to do any work on the photo.

but i can tell you that the particles of regolith have this funny property where by they reflect light in very specific and direct angles. It makes some of the material seem VERY bright, while other parts are much less so. If you read up on things like photonics, this property will make much more sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Something bizarre and duly noted is after I started doing this image research and enhancements, NASA changed the file from 54kb to a wapping 16kb, WHY?
To save bandwidth?

They may have changed the image for one with a smaller file size, but the difference in quality is not that big, you can see that by superimposing one image over the other and applying a difference between the two layers; you will see that there are only isolated pixels that are different.

It's getting late here in Portugal, I may add something tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join