It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Mukasey: Torture Authorizers 'Cannot and Should Not' Be Prosecuted or even Investigated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

AG Mukasey: Torture Authorizers 'Cannot and Should Not' Be Prosecuted or even Investigated!

thinkprogress.org

MUKASEY: Any CIA agent who acted in good faith reliance on an opinion from the Department of Justice cannot and should not be prosecuted because if they are, any opinion from the Department of Justice to anyone on the frontline is totally and completely useless. […]

DURBIN: What about those who authorized that torture?

MUKASEY: I think its the same answer. … I think what lawyers have to do is focus on what’s legal and not be concerned with what is politically acceptable later on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I almost feel like I'm stuck in a horribly bad dream anymore, where an Alice in Wonderland reality of lawlessness and barbarism is just "to be accepted".

The same theme seems to keep repeating itself within our gov and its sub-sects---One of complete immunity and unaccountability for whatever crimes and atrocities they commit. And it seems to run rampant across all branches of the government. There is no rule of law for these thugs anymore. They are all above it.

Bad dream come true.

Torture is not, and has never been, a political issue. The techniques authorized by Bush administration officials are illegal under both U.S. and international law. Less than a year ago, Mukasey himself said the Bush administration’s infamous torture memo was “worse than a sin, it was a mistake.” Mukasey’s refusal to investigate, however, should not be surprising. Like Gonzales before him, Mukasey does not appear to be concerned with holding government officials accountable for their “sins.”

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Mukasey is an evil Nazi in his own right who should be in prison right now. As AG he joins a list of Bush and Clinton officials who deserve to be imprisoned for Treason against the Constitution.

That the Democrats let Mukasey become AG, and now that the Democrats have caved on FISA ... it is clearly time to unplug all of their power (as well as that of the Republicans).

Vote Green. Vote Libertarian. Vote Constitutional. But whatever you do, don't vote for the Republican and Democratic candidates. Don't vote for any of them!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I read it.

I struggled to come up with some verbiage to express my utter revulsion to this AG and his ideology..., but then, that's why they pick these guys...

I would probably feel better if I threw up first.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Mukasey was in deep in the trial of the original World Trade Center bombing.
He covered up for the government, by not admitting evidence that would implicate the FBI for their illegal doings, as in training the bombers and bringing them into the country and providing them with the bomb.
So, for a reward, he gets the AG job, and everyone can expect him to do more cover up and obfuscation.
The Dems in the Senate are to blame for confirming him, in the first place.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Mukasey was in deep in the trial of the original World Trade Center bombing.
He covered up for the government, by not admitting evidence that would implicate the FBI for their illegal doings, as in training the bombers and bringing them into the country and providing them with the bomb.
So, for a reward, he gets the AG job, and everyone can expect him to do more cover up and obfuscation.
The Dems in the Senate are to blame for confirming him, in the first place.

Why just the Dems? THEY ARE ALL responsible, THEY ALL protest that partisanship has nothing to do with their judgment of whom to appoint or not. NO free-ride on the responsibility train for any of them.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Totally agreed. And I can't say this enough anymore:THERE IS >NO< DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE PARTIES ANYMORE! They are ALL serving the EXACT same interests and Global Elitists! These people are nothing but Bilderberger / Central Banker / M.I.C. puppets and interest servants.

The whole "bi-partisan" thing is an illusionary facade, to keep the masses "passive" that they actually have some sort of "choice".

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Maxmars

They are ALL serving the EXACT same interests and Global Elitists! These people are nothing but Bilderberger / Central Banker / M.I.C. puppets and interest servants.

The more people that wake up to this as soon as possible, the better...If we can set aside our petty differences and wake up to the fact that they are keeping us divided just to prevent us all from ganging up on them, maybe we could get together and stop their global agenda!

But, people are WAY too complacent in their little McLives to do anything about it. I see what's going on, you do, and there are others as well, but we are all spread out and basically hiding behind our keyboards, where we can complain, but what really gets done? How do we even begin?

Back on topic,

Mukasey was picked for a reason. The puppet masters behind Bush are not completely clueless, they just don't give a f*** about the law or freedom. They are the true enemies of freedom and the Constitution, and they should ALL be investigated and tried for treason or whatever other crimes they have committed (the list is extensive!), Mukasey included.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by keeb333]

Terrible news, but thanks for keeping us informed!
Starred and flagged!

[edit on 9-7-2008 by keeb333]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"I'm surprised by how surprised I am," said Mukasey, who as a federal judge presided over terrorism-related trials in New York.

"It's surprising how varied [the threat] is, how many directions it comes from, how geographically spread out it is," he said.

He also referred to the terrorism updates he receives in early morning national security briefings.
"The people I hear about every morning, their fatwas do not have an expiration date," Mukasey said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So, here is our current reality..., Michael Chertoff, DHS Czar:

en.wikipedia.org...

He has been widely criticized by civil liberties groups and human rights organizations for his role in authoring the USA Patriot Act, his policies as Secretary of Homeland Security, and his role in advising the Central Intelligence Agency on the use of torture.

I'd say that to determine where both of these appointees loyalties are founded might be very revealing.

These men have quite notable positions of power in our 'government', in positions that will wield great influence over how Civil Liberties are regarded for Americans in the near, and perhaps, far-reaching future.

As noted above, the apparent continuing FEAR mindset that our government/media already works to pervade through our society will, no doubt, be further bolstered by these two appointees future accomplishments.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
From what I see in the Constitution:

Article 2, Section 1, Clauses 8 & 9:
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Article 6, Clause 3:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Well, since this is a legally binding Oath of Office, this "Agreement to Contractual Obligation" is binding even under the lesser laws of the UCC. Regardless of the fact that they don't uphold the Constitutional Oath as above the UCC, they are still legally bound to obey it...It is their Contract of Employment under the People, as the originators of the contract (after all, it is We the People who established the Constitution).

The Bill of Rights (the first 10 Amendments) are Natural Law, as in the effect that all human beings are entitled to these Rights, regardless of their nationality or status of American Citizenship...

Amendment 8:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Any American Executive Office that violates any clause or term of the Constitution must be held accountable under due process of Law. They must be held accountable for their violations of the Law at least as much as they would hold us accountable to violations of Law.

Any Legislative Officer that violates any clause or term of the Constitution must be held accountable under due process of Law. Any Judicial Officer that violates any clause or term of the Constitution must be held accountable under due process of Law...No exceptions! In the terms of the Constitution, the due process of Law starts with Impeachment (removal from Office & automatically ineligible for any other Office ever again) to be followed by indictment for trial.

The problem I see with the process of Impeachment is that, with so much of Congress actually being criminals in the first place, there would not be enough left to achieve any legal voting majority to succeed...I think Ron Paul would be the only one left who could cast a valid vote!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The key, I believe here is within the oath itself.

"..., faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

What does it mean, 'to the best of my ability'. Does that negate the executives own personal ideology or agenda from execution if it does, in fact, contradict or violate the Constitutional standard?

"..preserve and protect" seems clear enough. It is not within the mandate of the office to alter the thing that is the Constitution. In fact, the President (or any other such oath-taker) MUST labor to preserve what is already there.

Then there are those 'bound' to support the Constitution, yet they evidently and basely seek to change it, or nullify it's power.

The legislature is seemingly willing to allow political partisanship, party or personal ideology, and 'social' or 'classist' factors to negate that obligation of support. The executive branch is clearly NOT including the protection of the Constitution in its priorities of administration.

The judiciary labors to 'reinterpret' and 'modify' the applicability of accountability, and will NOT accept calls for redress, Constitutionally mandated, though it is.

Where does the triumvirate become then, accountable? If the definition of fascism includes a complete disconnect between the people and the government, does this not fit the category?

The prevalent ideology appears to deny the basic human rights identified by the bill's first 10 amendments, and actually denies that equality of 'status' as a human being is to be respected equally. This ideology presents itself in the execution of the offices of government - regardless of party affiliation.

Both parties (as if they were somehow different from one another) seem to complicit and deny voice or serious consideration to their collective failures to abide by their oaths. And no branch of the government is diligently de-constructing the failures.

I want in. I want to be a party to the reforging of the American vision. "All men are created equal." No one is above or beyond the law. Public service is just that - service. These people mucking up the lives of Americans, and indeed the world, are OUR EMPLOYEES; and they must be accountable for their failings.

they are practiced at (and still practicing) the art of the destruction of their own liability and responsibility for their failures. And their "political" parties are contributing to that lack of accountability. Perhaps the Party should be held accountable en masse?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I want in. I want to be a party to the reforging of the American vision. "All men are created equal." No one is above or beyond the law. Public service is just that - service. These people mucking up the lives of Americans, and indeed the world, are OUR EMPLOYEES; and they must be accountable for their failings.

Me too! I want in! I want to be a part of the restoration of America.

Government is supposed derive its power from the consent of the governed. Well, I hereby revoke my consent! I do not feel that the present government (meaning the members of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches) have upheld their oaths of office, and therefore I should not be bound by their "laws" since they have broken their contracts as pubic servants to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Let's hear it for civil disobedience!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another article today on this sickening criminal co-conspirator...

Mukasey: Bush's New 'Mr. Cover-up'

So, despite the belated fuming by Schumer and other senators at the July 9 hearing, Mukasey has long seen his role less as the nation’s chief law enforcement officer than as the chief protector of Bush’s crimes of state – from torture, to warrantless wiretaps of Americans, to exposing the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame, to unleashing the Justice Department against political enemies, etc.

Michael Mukasey has become the Bush administration’s new “Mr. Cover-up.”

Full Article:
www.consortiumnews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I just keep getting angrier and angrier over this BS!!!

This "protection" of Bush is akin to Mafia tactics and I have a hard time believing that no one in America cares that our freedoms are being destroyed before our very eyes!! How can there be no accountability in this administration????? It defies belief!!

If you or I commit a crime, we would be arrested, tried, and imprisoned if found guilty. But for these pieces of excrement, there is not even an investigation?

Total BS!!! IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

Yep, and it's no longer a "partisan" or "branch" level corruption anymore. This is rampant through BOTH sides (which are really just one big party serving the same special interests), at ALL levels of the entire gov. It has been completely corrupted through and through. A giant mafia, or crime family, just like you said. In fact, they make the mafia look tame, as they are doing this to an entire nation with impunity.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yeah, but at least the Mafia has some sense of "honor", as twisted as it may be. These guys are really just thugs, or bullies, or more like a gang. Hey wait, aren't there laws against gangs? Can they be taken down under the anti-gang laws? Are those only state laws and not federal?

Not that they seem to care much about breaking the law...

new topics

top topics

join