It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Because of Bush Obstinance, Civil Liberties Board exists 'In Name Only'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Report: Because of Bush Obstinance, Civil Liberties Board exists 'In Name Only'

rawstory.com

President Bush is refusing to nominate the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's pick to serve on a government privacy and civil liberties board, raising the prospect that the board will remain member-less and inactive until his term is over.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LOL!!!

Not too hard to figure out the reasons behind this! Mr. Wire-tapper and spyer extraordinaire is guilty of about every crime we have a law for in that department!

Why would they THINK he would want to hire someone to the board who might actually hold him accountable for all the laws he broke?

What a joke.

Without any public announcement, the White House recently sent a letter to Capitol Hill stating it would nominate only one of two names recommended by congressional leaders to sit on the five-member civil liberties panel. The candidate whose name it would not forward: Morton Halperin, a veteran and sometimes controversial civil liberties advocate who has a famous role in the history of modern debates over government wiretapping.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes, and I'm 100% certain that Nancy "Soccer Mom" Pelosi's choice of Halperin wasn't in the least bit based on personal agendas and a desire to select someone who would be by far and away the most liberal selection possible. It is also interesting that no persecution of the dems in the Senate is provided considering they are doing the EXACT same thing as Bush with the other candidate, Ronald Rotunda. "PLEASE! PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN AS HE PROCEEDS TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING HE JUST COMPLAINED ABOUT TEH OTHER GUY DOING!"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You will get ZERO argument from me on this issue. There is NO DIFFERENCE between these parties anymore. It is one giant mafia of lawlessness and indifference to the little people. I am disgusted with it all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I tried the link and got nothing. I'll try the actual site and see if I can read the story but you might want to fix the link.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Try this one out brother:

rawstory.com...

Hopefully that works, I think they changed the link.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I found the story. Thanks anyway. I just thought you might want to fix it up top there. I would bet there are many stupid people who couldn't find it without a link.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Found another article on this today. This is such a joke. We have a modern day Tyrant ruling this nation, and a co-conspiratory congress in complete collusion with it all. This is so disgusting anymore...

As Congress gives Him More Domestic Spying Powers, Bush Keeps U.S. Privacy and Civil Liberties Board From Operating

With laws under consideration or recently passed that allow wiretapping, spies, and domestic satellite usage, there's plenty of work for the newly created U.S. Privacy and Civil Liberties Board to do. Unfortunately, it's not able to do anything at all.

In an article Tuesday, Newsweek reported an impasse that may keep the five-member panel from operating, or even meeting, before the next president takes office. Only one of two members recommended by Congress will actually be nominated.

Full article:
www.buzzflash.com...

top topics

join