It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copyright questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users. It is also our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat offenders. If we remove or disable access to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner, author, or administrator of each affected site so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act.

Here

As i understand this if a person uses illegally obtained pictures, information, or videos in a thread and the person holding the copyright raises an issue, the information, pics, or videos will be removed and the poster (probably) banned.

The question is, what if a poster uses information

1) that is watermarked by the copyright holder
2) but was not illegally obtained?

Would ATS treat is as an infringement issue?

A second question arises here as well. How does the ATS copyright work?
I interpret it being the same as a newscast or newspaper, or similar work.

In such cases the shared materials that make up the local paper or newscast is not owned by the local entities, but owned only in the form it is produced.

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Gary,

The Ceative Commons deed(with a link to it available on the bottom of every post) will answer your first question and our Terms And Conditions will answer your second question.

Springer...

join