It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Attack on US embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Turkey: Attack on US embassy

news.sky.com

Three police officers and three gunmen have been killed in a shoot-out near the US consulate in Istanbul.
Reports in Turkey suggested al Qaeda was behind the attack, but a spokesman for the White House said that could neither be confirmed nor denied.

\"At this point one can\'t rule that out, but I also can\'t support at this point, those suspicions,\" State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
news.yahoo.com
www.canada.com

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only few days after the failed attempt by the Turkish military for a coup against Erdogan's government, today another disturbing news comes from a country divided between two continents. With the Islamic influence growing steadily in this country I kind of expected this terrorist act. IMO what Kemal Ataturk has done for Turkey which is his titanic effort to stop the same thing that happened to other Islamic countries by giving to Turkey a very Europian vision, is in big danger now that the Islamic followers are the majority of the government. Today attack is a strong signal that things in the region are about to get worst.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hmmm you guys gotta fix the search thingy. I did look before spending my time to post the news and nothing came up. Anyway I guess this thread should be closed. To bad for those 5 minutes that I've spent...

new topics

top topics

join