It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamt of Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I had a really disturbing dream last night (as did my brother) with aliens.
The contents of the dream I can't really share at this time because when I awoke the memories swiftly vanished.

Does anybody know what the source of this could be? What it could mean? Are aliens visiting my mind in my sleep? And is there any significance to my brother dreaming something similar? (He also could not tell me what his dream was about)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

You really are reading too much into this. It was just a dream. Many dream of aliens.

Aliens are here. But your dream is a dream.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a. i've never dreamt of aliens before
b. it's strange that my brother had dreamt of aliens also

my brother was doing some doodling the other day, without any preconception, and it turned out he drew an indoor colosseum. after he was done he recalled parts of his dream, being abducted, taught to fight, and thrown into a the ring. he says he woke up before he had to fight two people at the same time. he said one was really tall and looked rather human, and the other was really short, also looking very human. he said also that he felt as though he was drunk through the whole ordeal.

i'm just curious if anybodies had any sort of similar experience. this dream didn't feel like any other dream i've ever had.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
a. i've never dreamt of aliens before
b. it's strange that my brother had dreamt of aliens also

my brother was doing some doodling the other day, without any preconception, and it turned out he drew an indoor colosseum. after he was done he recalled parts of his dream, being abducted, taught to fight, and thrown into a the ring. he says he woke up before he had to fight two people at the same time. he said one was really tall and looked rather human, and the other was really short, also looking very human. he said also that he felt as though he was drunk through the whole ordeal.

i'm just curious if anybodies had any sort of similar experience. this dream didn't feel like any other dream i've ever had.

ive had plenty of alien dreams and end of the world dreams, nuclear war dreams, devestation dreams

but none come to pass, all just dreams

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
so that's it?

i should just disregard it entirely?

if that's the case i'll be glad to do so, the disturbing feeling i felt during and after the dream still lingers, and i'd be more that happy to discredit it and put it behind me.

i suppose what you say has some merit though, just because i dream of having sexy time with Marylin Monroe doesn't mean i'm committing necrophilia :p

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
so that's it?

i should just disregard it entirely?

if that's the case i'll be glad to do so, the disturbing feeling i felt during and after the dream still lingers, and i'd be more that happy to discredit it and put it behind me.

i suppose what you say has some merit though, just because i dream of having sexy time with Marylin Monroe doesn't mean i'm committing necrophilia :p

or does it?

lol

yeah, some dreams will leave an inprint in you forever while some you cant even remember at all the moment you wake up

tricky little brain huh?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you can't remember it, just hold onto the feelings the dream gave you and you might be able to recall the dream again when you return to your dream state.

I've done that one or two times now...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
if you think "dreams are just dreams" then they always will be. Can they be more? Absolutely! Don't believe me I don't care, the important thing is you believe yourself. If you think it may be more then "just a dream" do what Anti-Tyrant suggested and hold on to and feelings or concepts you do have of the dream. As you go about your day/days here, more might start coming back to you. Also, if you go to bed saying that you want to remember your dreams, this will help your recall in the morning should this happen again.

Yes there are dreams where you are seeing an "alien" symbol to your conscious mind psychoanalytically, but sometimes you get those images from "other" too.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

That's pretty much how it works.

Forgetting dreams is like being struck with temporal amnesia.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
hrm... interesting stuff. I had a dream a long time ago which, as i was reading your esteemed responses was recalled.
i was spirited away to a cave, a large chamber oval in shape. i was alone, in the dark, with only a single light focused at the center of the chamber. that's where i stood. i did not see anything around me, but i felt forces watching me, judging me. i stepped away from the light that my eyes might focus and see these forces, only as i stepped out the cave collapsed all around me. above i could see the stars, space, but was soon crushed by the weight. i then felt spirited away from that chamber and i awoke in a dry sweat.

i bring this up because the feeling i had when i dreamt that very vivid dream reminds me much of the dream i had of which i started this thread for.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We have all had strange dreams. Have a piece of paper near by so you can write down your dreams (along with your brother). There are many books in the library that supposedly interpret dreams, but most of them are just dreams.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Think of dreams where you're "interacting" with outside influence sort of like how we are talking on the computer right now. ATS as set the scene, but you may have your fonts set larger and blue, while mine is set to default. We're both seeing the same words, same place etc, but with out own "shade" or "bias" so to speak.

So in the cave, you're in some place deep, that you are unaware of in a literal way. So that cave could actually be anything to the entities who you felt where judging you. The divine rarely outright judge you and when that happens you'll feel it's mostly your own judgment. If it's some kind being that falls in the "other" category it could literally mean judgment by them in their eyes. Those entities could be anything from ET's to the A-holes at work who are jealous of you, it depends on the symbols generally. The more vague and simple the more "universal" the dream is, the "deeper" it took place on that "astral plane" as some would call it.

Yes write them down if you want to try to start understanding your dreams. There is no such thing as just a dream unless you make it so by your own conscious thought. All of the images, words, voices, etc you hear while dreaming are subconscious communications. So if you say "it's just a dream" all that means is you are ignoring your subconscious.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
intriguing bit of information shakesbeer.

i was out of work when i had the dream, and i truly don't care what others think of me. let them judge all they want.

the entities that were judging me had a specific aura about them, and each of the multiple of them had different aura's, so if it was me judging myself, then it was separate parts of myself judging myself as a whole. but what could the stepping outside of this self judgment specify, if that's indeed what the dream was about?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Only you really know what the dream is about and that answer will come from that place deep inside you and it will just feel right. When you hear the other voices say "but what if it's just nothing" "What if it's because I feel bad about X" that' rationalization and is not that "inner voice" or "higher self" that really does know what you where trying to tell yourself.

That's the thing about dreams, they are multi-layered and multi-contextual. They rarely mean only one thing. That's why I remarked earlier about the simpler the dream the more universal (or some could say cliche depending on the dream) because the context gets narrowed which is not common in dream land. That's why so many people strive to lucid dream as it focuses things in that realm down to a point of consciousness that is relatively easy to understand.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
crabmeat, nice to see you again it has been a while.

Do you recall being in a frozen state before you were taken up to the spacecraft?

Did you recall as you were being taken up the barely audible female type voice giving you a breifing?

Did you return to your place in the bed with a big vavoomp!?

It is entirely possible that you and your family have connections to a certain type of off worlder civilization. If so this could be a good thing in the times ahead.

Trust your intuition completly at this time without failure. Eat clean and drink loads of water. Stay healthy and avoid toxic situations with people , foods, partystuff and places.

Know that everything will be ok.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
pretty interesting, i too have been having dreams of aliens and have woken up pretty shaken up due to them feeling so real but so do other people and i dont think its something to be scared of but ive always grown up as a child knowing that the subconscious mind thinks very differently and picks up dreams differently then the conscious mind when your already awoke, weird how that works, but mostly all dreams have a particular meaning but it is always way off of what you might be taking it as...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
the dream where i was spirited away to the cavern had a whole messianic feel to it.... atleast that's how i interpreted it. I felt as though leaving the the focused light represented either me trying to encompass a destiny i wasn't ready for, or leaving a destiny i never wanted, thus the cave collapsed.

after the dream i had, of which i can't remember anything of but the feeling it gave it, i realized that the two were about the same thing.

antar... i never said anything about spacecraft, and i don't recall any sort of voice breifing me about anything, or any voice at all for that matter.
when i was spirited away from the collapsed cave i awoke, not with a vavoomp, but it was the fastest sit up i'd have ever done.

my family doesn't believe in aliens, and i'm not going to be a square so that aliens can 'abduct' me or invade my dreams some more.

these occurances haven't deterred the skeptic in me either, they just confuse me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
at one point for some of us, we gain a lot of control over our dreams and get good at interpreting what is "internal influences" versus "external influence" and that's when things really start getting interesting. But to do that you have to understand the language of your own subconscious. There are universal symbols that we share and create bridges of connectivity through, but it's another thing entirely to first being able to "decode" your subconscious image projections.

I've had a fair amount of encounters on the "astral plane" as it can be called with ETs, spirits, demons, etc....and I was completely agnostic and a materialist-reductionist for the longest time thinking everything was psychoanalytical. Once the ET encounters started happening Freud and Jung's family of psychology didn't really apply anymore. After the "scientist" in me got over myself and I really started to learn more true science, doors really started opening big time (and I have been lucid dreaming for as long as I can remember).

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i had a dream of aliens recently also. i'll try to describe it the best i can.

I don't know what part of the world i was in, but i was on a coastline. there were houses along the coast, but not many. i was sitting in the house eating when we (my wife and other family members) heard a tremendous boom. we all went outside, where on the beach had appeared what i can only describe as black ops type military vehicles sporting some sort of artillery, but it didn't look like any artillery i had ever seen. just then a UFO came barreling out of the sky and crashed into the water offshore. the black ops people immediatly had us all moved back from the beach, when the burning UFO in the water began emitting this extremely loud hum, then went silent.

a period of time went by, i guess a few minutes, when a large group of UFOs came down from the sky. they were all different shapes and sizes, some were small, and emitted a bluish glow of sorts, and then there were slightly larger ones that were triangle shaped, and they seemed black, but not so black that they couldn't be seen against the night sky... i can't really describe what their color was beyond that. there were 2 that were larger than that, and they were gigantic, but one was bigger than the other. they both emitted a slightly reddish glow, but they weren't red, they seemed like a mixture of a black/silverish type color that seemed to gleam in the light. they all began descending from the sky, i assume to come to the aid of the ship we shot at. the humming started again, this time it was almost ear splitting, and then i woke up.

it's strange that i can remember the details of this dream, because it's not often that i can remember dreams so vividly, just thought i'd share it since the topic came up.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Since more people have been sharing their experiences too, I'll share one of my first ultra-vivid encounters that bridged from the "astral plane" to this waking life when my eyes where open:

Date: Between June 22 & July 1 2007

I was in the indexing phase of my sleep and I recognized my day as my subconscious assimilated the information. All of a sudden I was put into a full run in a completely different scene. I was in a massive “space ship” looking across the interior I could see a battle raging aside & behind me in this ship that looked to be at least a mile across. I could hear music in the background, as if it was a movie, not in the ship it’s self and I could tell I was on “point” in the charge to the command center. We where fighting small EBE’s that where tan and yellow and about 4 ft tall with both what seemed to be conventional guns and psycho kinetic energy (like the push move in Star Wars). It seemed we took them by surprise as the humans clearly had the upper hand on the helpless EBE’s due to our size/strength and seemingly new found PK abilities.

I am completely lucid and in a physical version of my astral body governed by the rules “reality” or “conscious life” as this is all happened. At the same time, I am trying to figure out why I’m being shown this as this seemed to be deliberate projections of dream sign, only not necessarily mine. I tend to let my subconscious guide me during dreams these days while I observe and intervene when necessary, so I was going along with the dream pushing, punching, and shooting my way to the bridge. I came to the door to the ship’s bridge and kicked it in, once again surprising the EBE’s in side. I jumped across a table in the center of room directly after who I sensed via telepathy that this was the “leader.”

I pinned him to the console that was behind him with my boot and pointed my gun one handed right at his face and was about to the pull the trigger when he out stretched his arm and extended his palm. This was not to attempt to shield or counter, but rather to “say” something, and when my mind synced up to his palm I was shown their story as well as mine in a flash of light. What he showed me zipped by in an instant though full of years-worth of information so I am hard pressed to remember specifics but this is what I remember from what he showed me:

First it answered one of the immediate questions I had when I “popped” in the scene. How the hell would I be in the position of the guy leading a charge into the command center of an alien ship? I remember being shown a scene with the perspective behind me as I open the front door to two guys in black suits. Then it showed a very fuzzy/fast & seemingly short time of my “training” at one point a literal “censored” stencil projected over it to stop me from trying to “see” more. Then it showed hundreds of encounters with EBE’s and humans from the popular (& not so popular) events to ones that haven’t come about yet. Abductions and who did them and why (respectively). I remember in particular seeing an “Independence Day”-type scene where we(humans) try to communicate with a “saucer” but something goes wrong the human aircraft was down by accident(not by the ET’s) which sparked the entire “war”. After that event it seemed to cascade into scene of human’s attacking EBE’s trying to evade and defend themselves finally coming to the point of the “final push” which I had entered.

What ultimately was the point was that they (the EBE’s) simply wanted to share the planet with us in a harmonious way. They seemed to want to be able to feel, like us by living next to us in a symbiotic way. Once that concept was reached, another flash of light happened and it seemed I was in either in a future timeline or an alternate timeline with EBE’s and humans in a park together, on the streets, etc.

I hovered there until I realized I would just be in that scene until I chose to wake up, so I woke up so that I could try to digest it all. I slowly started bring myself back to waking conscious and as I returned to the void I saw a blue, purple, and orange lights start materializing as I got closer to consciousness. I didn’t want to freak or anything so I just allowed myself float back as I was going however as I did those aura-like lights started turning to fine characters or letters of some kind. I knew my eyes where closed still at this point but keeping the same “mind frame” I slowly opened my eyes and saw that writing clearly with my eyes open. It actually got clearer and it turned to more of a blue lettering with orange/purple aura or glow around it. That state of mind slowly faded after about 5 seconds and so did the lettering.

After this event I understand when people say that the EBE’s are almost robotic. There is a methodical way about them, That “way” seems to be the thing they are interested in changing a bit towards our relatively chaotic-yet-imaginative way of thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join