It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked, low-flying helicopter in my neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OK, I'm not sure if this is a conspiracy or just an odd occurance that I don't know how to explain, but I figured it's worth posting somewhere on ATS.

I live in an apartment in a suburb just outside Portland. Last night, around 8 p.m., I was watching TV and using my computer when the unmistakable sound of a (loud!) helicopter caught my attention. It was apparently close enough that it was causing my living room blinds to flap about!

So I looked out the window to see what all the commotion was about and there was an extremely low-flying copter within throwing distance of my window! I'm not trained enough to offer a proper estimate of its flying height, but it was close enough to the ground that several of my neighbors were already outside looking up at the thing, and we could all tell that it was unmarked and didn't appear to be a police or news helicopter.

Eventaully, curiosity got the best of me and I went outside and took a closer peek too. After a couple minutes hovering around, the helicopter elevated to a more normal distance and flew away.

One neighbor speculated that it was an army helicopter and I heard another one say it looks like trouble, but I've got no idea who it might have been. I've heard of the conspiracy behind "black helicopters" (although I'm not well-versed on it), but I'd doubt the one I saw was involved in anything conspiratorial because it was black (or dark gray), but it wasn't even dark out yet. Hardly secretive behavior.

Has anyone had a similar experiance or at least have any ideas what I might have seen? I'm not concerned about anything, but I am really curious.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Honestly, it might have been privately owned. When I lived in a more rural area we used to have private helicopters buzz the roads, homes and just about anything else.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Next time take a picture, so there can be some actual substance to your eye witness report, as it is worth little without validation of some sort.

There are thousands of private helicopters in the US, one flying low is not a big deal unless you can verify it is of dubious origin.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Could have also been from a studio filming scenery for a TV show or movie. We get that all the time here in Vancouver, BC. or as another poster said, privately owned.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I suppose it makes sense that it could be a private helicopter, but don't people need to follow flight paths or some sort of regulations? This was in a pretty busy area in a city of over 100,000, right by a college and some homes and shops. It definitely didn't appear to be being filmed, since there were no camera crews or extras or anything about and it looked to be flying too low to be recorded from an angle where I wouldn't see the cameras.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There was a similar topic posted a short time ago here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll paste my response from that topic.

I see completely unmarked, matte-black helicopters fly over my house fairly frequently.

It was especially apparent after 9/11 - There were literally at least five a day for about a week.

I know why too - I live about five miles from Mount Weather, an acknowledged underground government base that has a FEMA operation on the surface and something entirely else (and entirely secret) under.

It's possible there is an underground base near you if you see these helicopters. Do some more research into that field.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They could have had a permit and there doesn't need to be people on the ground if they are just taking shots of scenery.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
I suppose it makes sense that it could be a private helicopter, but don't people need to follow flight paths or some sort of regulations? This was in a pretty busy area in a city of over 100,000, right by a college and some homes and shops. It definitely didn't appear to be being filmed, since there were no camera crews or extras or anything about and it looked to be flying too low to be recorded from an angle where I wouldn't see the cameras.

I would think there FAA guidelines to where they can or cannot be, but I don't know what they are. And if the helicopter was distressed in any way you can probably throw the guidelines out. You might even try and find out if there are helicopter pilot schools near you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hey I just posted on this last week.
And I did take pics.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by foremanator]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Helicopters generally follow VFR (Visual Flight Rules) regulations. I am a licensed pilot and I was a helicopter flight medic for several years.

Generally we would fly approximately 500ft above the ground in rural areas and up to 1000ft over populated areas, but there is no real restriction on what 'flight path' you can use. If you are not in controlled airspace you can fly wherever you want as long as you maintain VFR clearance and stay out of the clouds. The rules are a little more specific than that but you get the idea.

The helicopter you saw could be an EMS helicopter. We used to fly into the strangest areas at all times of the day and night.

If it had a bright spotlight it was either law enforcement or news crews.

I doubt if there is anything sinister about it. If the government doesn't want you to see or hear a helicopter I can guarantee you won't.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

I had the same thing happen to me. It was the same color as our state police copters, but this one had no markings or ID on it. It looked like an older, not as new version. It hovered over my small backyard. I yelled for my kids to get into the house. I called the state police here in Delaware and they said it may just be a training exercise. Hey, if someone's 'training', let them go to the gov's mansion! Anyway, I've been a 9/11 Truther for awhile now. Is that why they were in my backyard? Don't know, but like you, my neighbors were out looking too! In a way, I'm glad my kids were out there - I had been telling them about the shenanigans of our gov't and the police state. I think it helped them to understand. 3 out of 4 of my kids are over 18 now and believe me, they know what's going on!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
After looking at your pictures I can tell you it's the Sky8 Bell 407 from Portland.

You can see it HERE

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
After looking at your pictures I can tell you it's the Sky8 Bell 407 from Portland.

You can see it HERE

Yeah well he must have goten lost and ended up in Calgary Alberta

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Helicopters generally follow VFR (Visual Flight Rules) regulations. I am a licensed pilot and I was a helicopter flight medic for several years.

Generally we would fly approximately 500ft above the ground in rural areas and up to 1000ft over populated areas, but there is no real restriction on what 'flight path' you can use. If you are not in controlled airspace you can fly wherever you want as long as you maintain VFR clearance and stay out of the clouds. The rules are a little more specific than that but you get the idea.

The helicopter you saw could be an EMS helicopter. We used to fly into the strangest areas at all times of the day and night.

If it had a bright spotlight it was either law enforcement or news crews.

I doubt if there is anything sinister about it. If the government doesn't want you to see or hear a helicopter I can guarantee you won't.

Your missing the point.
I don't doubt that if their intention was to be unseen, I would never know.
Its the fact that they make themselves seen that perturbs me.\
And incidentally, I do live near Calgary international airport and planes do fly low over my house.
All the more alarming to think that a helicopter is hovering a couple hundred feet above my house at 430 in the morning, with nothing other than one red solid state light.
I am not a pilot so I can not speak with authority on this matter.
I do however posses common sense

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would put good money on it being the DEA or your local police. They buzz neighborhoods almost everyday here looking for people growing weed and trying to spot meth labs.... None of them are ever marked but its always on time and i see them every day. They like those fancy FLIR cameras because it can see the heat sigs of drug operatins.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Dude..there after you!!!!!!

Time to pack it up and get to gettin!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e
Dude..there after you!!!!!!

Time to pack it up and get to gettin!!

Apologies "EverythingYouDespise" not trying to take over your post here. But I have to answer this.
I swear on all that matters to me (which means a lot more than my rep on a forum) These choppers started showing up when I started posting about some weird things going on in my life. That how I ended up here, I couldn't read enough quick enough, and if anyone cant stand b.s its me, makes it a whole lot harder when you are trying to figure out what is going on and you have to sift through a lot bull crap, to find genuine incidents.
I woke up one night paralyzed, with something jammed down my nose in to my brain, while being told telepathically not to move.
I started posting this stuff on the net because I cant tell the people in my life. I cant tell them because if they told me that I would think they were crazy.
When I started posting this material that's when these choppers started showing up.
Hey if I am crazy its not my fault, is it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I must have been confused. I thought you said you were from Portland.

Calgary is a different story. No telling what those guys up there in the great white north are doing!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
When I started posting this material that's when these choppers started showing up.
Hey if I am crazy its not my fault, is it.

Do you live near NE 8th streat in Calgary? There is a Bell Helicopter repair station there.

The photos you posted were of a Bell 407. Generally the 407 is used for EMS, Law Enforcement and news gathering. The Canadian and US military use other helicopters.

If you can get a tail number from one of the helicopters I can look it up and tell you who owns it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They do not have any markings on them. At least none that I can see.
I realize most of the pics other than the last one, are not the best of quality.
I do carry my camera in the car now, so hopefully I can get some better pics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join