It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton and the "need-to-know"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bill Clinton, and the head of intelligence for the Joint Chief of Staff during the Clinton administration were kept in the dark...

www.presidentialufo.com...

"Sorry Sir, you do not have a need-to-know."

D:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do you have anything further of substance to add? Perhaps your opinion of the material your presenting?

I for one absolutely believe the the president has no "briefing" concerning UFO's or anything of that nature.

I also believe that there may be nothing of substance to brief them on anyway. As disorganized as the government is (even concerning "TOP SECRET" items) I doubt there is even a mechanism in place to successfully gather all the tidbits of useless data they even have on the subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I for one absolutely believe the the president has no "briefing" concerning UFO's or anything of that nature.

The idea that President Truman was uninvolved and uninterested in the flying saucer situation became questionable after statements were made by General Robert B. Landry, the Air Force Aide to the President. He described how in February 1948 he was called into the Oval Office where he spoke with the President about to the continued sightings of flying saucers across the country. General Landry had just been appointed. He explained his UFO role during an oral history done for Columbia University[...]

President Truman gave General Landry instructions about reporting the flying saucer situation to him. "I was directed to report quarterly to the President after consulting with Central Intelligence people, as to whether or not any UFO incidents received by them could be considered as having any strategic threatening implications at all," stated Landry. "The report was to be made orally by me unless it was considered by intelligence to be so serious or alarming as to warrant a more detailed report in writing. During the four and one-half years in office there, all reports were made orally. Nothing of substance considered credible or threatening to the country was ever received from intelligence." (source)

Presidents have been briefed in the past. On the question if they do today I think it depends on the President. George W. Bush and Bill Clinton? Not likely. George H. W. Bush? He probably didn't even need a briefing.

I think, and this is only my guess, they stopped 'routinely' informing Presidents about UFOs after Kennedy.

Ultimately I think it depends on the kind of person and the amount of trust he has from the CIA and the Joint Chiefs probably, in my opinion. One example would be: Dick Cheney. He has never been President, and I'm pretty positive that if the Government has information about UFOs, Dick Cheney knows about it.

edit: to add that the fact Dick Cheney has never been President depends on the perspective of each person

[edit on 9-7-2008 by danx]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It would make some interesting reading by one of Bill's alien girlfriends. I guess he would also swear to that on oath. I doubt Bill would admit to those wild alien parties either.I would imagine that many presidents have been a witness to things they wouldn't be able to admit yet. Jimmy Carter saw a UFO and he seems to act like an abductee sometimes.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Y'know, it wasn't til recently that the confirmation regarding the trust of the Executive Office in relation to UFO data came into my hands. Took 3 days for a friend of mine to get to the bottom of a recent UFO story and confirm what you guys have said.

My main problem is in what kind of mentality do our alien visitors have if they do business with our governments. Would you want to do business with our politicians?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I dont believe Billy boy would have stood for that

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFactsI also believe that there may be nothing of substance to brief them on anyway. As disorganized as the government is (even concerning "TOP SECRET" items) I doubt there is even a mechanism in place to successfully gather all the tidbits of useless data they even have on the subject.

O RLY?

You don't think they've got the technology and the know-how to track unidentified objects in our air space?
C'mon...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wow, I went to that link in the OP's original post and I can't believe it!
Now we have a US Astronaut telling stories sigh. He 'knows" that an alien ship crashed at Roswell because 1. He grew up there. 2. the "old timers" told him stories and he believes them. 3. he used to walk past Goddard's house the farther of our rockets and was his neighbor.
Now we will have the yeehaws that can't think for themselves screaming "Aliens crashed at Roswell, Edgar Mitchell said so!".
Edgar there ought to say in plain english "I think they did but that is just my opinion". This line as it stands is absolutly iresponsible of the man. He knows there are a lot of gullable tards out there that don't require any more proof, the "he believes it, so do I!" crowd. The man should be ashamed of himself taking advantage of the not so smart.
Sheesh,
Vance

new topics

top topics

join