It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Sends Terror Surveillance Bill, Telecom Immunity Provision to Oval Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Senate Sends Terror Surveillance Bill, Telecom Immunity Provision to Oval Office

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — The Senate on Wednesday approved a bill that will overhaul rules on terrorist surveillance while giving the Bush administration a win it had sought for months: legal immunity for telecommuncations companies that helped in a secret eavesdropping program.

The Senate approved the changes to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act on a 69-28 vote.

The action sends the bill the president's desk. The House approved the measure last month.

Earlier Wednesday, senators affirmed their intention to follow through on a promise to protect telecoms by turning back three amendments that would have altered the bill.

The long fight on Capitol Hill — lasting nearly a year — has centered on one question: whether to shield from civil lawsuits telecommunications companies that helped the government eavesdrop on American phone and computer lines after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, without the permission or knowledge of a secret court created by FISA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well folks I believe they call that the ball game. I'm speechless yet not remotely surprised. Criminal acts yet again protected by the Federal Government. And now for the collective yawn.

www.foxnews.com
[edit on 9-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
Well folks I believe they call that the ball game. I'm speechless yet not remotely surprised. Criminal acts yet again protected by the Federal Government. And now for the collective yawn.

www.foxnews.com

Yup fat lady sang!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There is an already estasblished thread on this topic.

Please contribute to the discussion here.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join