It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Franklin Research Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi there,

A bunch of guys from my lodge and myself received an email from the "Ben Franklin Research Society". Anybody know what this is or who it is?

The writings and links seem to range from a call for more 'masonic fundamentalism' (more memorization?) to semi-anti-masonic rants.

Ben Franklin Research Society

Anybody know what this is? I can find any contact info.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Couldn't find any contact info, I found a couple of references to a fellow who was the secretary fro the group, but that's about it. The email address of the letter they sent you, you weren't able to reply to it?
And out of curiosity, what would you consider a fundamentalist Masonic response to the Anti-Masonic stuff?

Edit:
Been reading over the site itself, don't see any any contacts either. Pretty interesting read, sort of like someone's trying to get people to either reform, or splinter off, a faction of Masonry.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sorry I don't think I expressed myself clearly.

I meant the links either seemed to be all pro-masonic-reform, or they seemed to be sort of anti-masonic.

I didn't reply to the email. I didn't want to confirm to the sender that I got it for fear of more spam.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That was an "interesting" read, but I have serious doubts it was written by a mason. So much of it's ideas for reform seem to fly in the face of masonic values, or at least as I have understood them.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Elitist claptrap. These people bring shame to the Fraternity.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That was kind of my take too. If they are trying to make a point then hiding behind a generic website is not going to sit well.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I still doubt the validity of the author.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Dear brothers, I also received this e-mail, and as a previous brother stated, I also found it an "interesting read". Whomever created this site hits on some points that are a challenge for our lodges (at least I talk on behalf of my state: Florida). The content of this seems to me that was created by a M:.M:. indeed, however one that has yet to learn a key to actually being a MM and that is that, if you ought to critique make your words exemplify your mastery in being constructive.

Some of the issues the articles address are inevitability true to the craft however the very beauty of the craft is that it has not changed its core fundamentals. My godfather once warned me: "Masons and Masonry are two different things. One might disappoint you because he is not perfect; the latter never will. This is your journey and as your life, it is yours and yours alone". We cannot change the craft but only better it. We ought to stick to our constitutions and digests but we should also introduce events, presentation, masonic education and mentoring programs with interesting research provided by MM. etc. and incorporate that as a tradition of a very well and ancient founded craft.

He addresses issues of "officers vs. side-liners". True, the line is not for everyone, but the line, each of its officers have the responsibility to provide the craft with functions and events that will keep them interested and proud members of its lodge and the craft at large. This is one of many ways to keep a lodge strong, dynamic and harmonic.

S&F

Constantine

new topics

top topics

join