It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten signs you´re a fundamentalist Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Top ten signs you´re a fundamentalist Christian:
www.craigslist.org...
Some quite astute observations here.

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

One man's 'astute observations' are another man's vitriolic spew.

Not a very constructive thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
More than anything, I am heartbroken to find out I am not the uber fundie I thought I was!

That list bummed me out!

Oh well, this list cheered me right back up.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Whats the point of this thread and why are you linking us to a top 10 list on Craigslist. I don't want to argue religion with you because I don't think you would be willing to listen. If being a Christian is bad I don't want to be good.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh great. Just what we need...more unprovoked hate rhetoric against Christians.

And people accuse us being the intolerant ones. Sheesh.

:bash:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
More than anything, I am heartbroken to find out I am not the uber fundie I thought I was!

That list bummed me out!

Oh well, this list cheered me right back up.

Thanks for the list AshleyD it also cheered me up!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Interesting list. What exactly do you mean by Fundamentalist Christian?

If it is defined by this list then I would suggest that there is no such thing. If however you actually mean someone who holds the historical view that is ascribed to this position, as would be understood by it in the UK, then the list is off on a whole number of points.
Or maybe you mean the newer use of the term by those in the USA in which case the term isn't represented by the list either.
So maybe you mean those people who call themselves christian and tell other people about their views, and thus you don't like?

Which one do you actually mean, or is it that you don't know and just wished to vent your frustrations about not understanding what christianity is actually about?

If you wish to consider the claims of christianity then I am sure that there are lost of people here who would explain them to you and then maybe you could make an informed comment and, who knows, perhaps with an open hearing you might believe them

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

ima fundamentalists and most of those things i am not.. and you put them in a wording that made them worse or did noot put in the full picture of the doctrine

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Jesus!Just turn the other cheek people.It was supposed to be funny i think.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
And................................................The OP's Point in this joke is made.

The best jokes? Ones that have a sliver of truth in them

good one karl 12!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
LOL! Good one!

And the eleventh sign your a fundie...

11: When you look in a mirror you do not recognize yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So i guess jokes are limited to personal beliefs? There are boundaries to what you can or cannot joke about? Thats really disappointing.

I thought the list was quite funny.

Here's a nice little oxymoron joke of my own.

"Thank God, I'm an athiest!"

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What the hell ??? It's in the jokes forum !!

Did you REALLY think a Top Ten Signs was not going to be poking fun at the subject of said top ten?

Nerves sure get touched when those "not of the faith" point out faults in your religion.

Just to make sure this got read ..... IT'S IN THE JOKES FORUM !!!

"Thank God, I'm an athiest!" ............ LMDAO !!!!

[edit on 1/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Top ten sign of something: Can't take a joke if it dances naked in front of you wearing a hula hoop and a jester hat.
Yeesh.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I found this one funny in your critical atheist list:

"You really believe that the Enlightenment made people more enlightened".

Well if you mean people relying less on
'fear based on ignorance and superstition'
and more on objective,rational freethinking then a resounding yes.

I'd point you towards this perceptive quote about the Dark ages made by Steve Allen:

When the churches literally ruled society, the human drama encompassed: (a) slavery; (b) the cruel subjection of women;(c)the most savage forms of legal punishment; (d) the absurd belief that kings ruled by divine right; (e) the daily imposition of physical abuse; (f) cold heartlessness for the sufferings of the poor; as well as (g) assorted pogroms ('ethnic cleansing' wars) between rival religions, capital punishment for literally hundreds of offenses, and countless other daily imposed moral outrages. . . . It was the free-thinking, challenging work by people of conscience, who almost invariably had to defy the religious and political status quo of their times, that brought us out of such darkness." Steve Allen

On the whole I think many of the radical/extremist/fundamentalist christian observations in Craig's list are refreshingly honest and deserve to be addressed -even if its only in joke context.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You will always be the super uber fundie to me Ashley

new topics

top topics

join