It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: World's Deadliest Defensive Force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Israel: World's Deadliest Defensive Force

en.wikipedia.org

The IDF was founded May 26, 1948 after the establishment of the state of Israel "to protect the inhabitants of Israel and to combat all forms of terrorism which threaten the daily life". The IDF succeeded the Haganah (in particular, its operational branch, the Palmach) as the permanent army of the Jewish state. It was also joined by former elements of the Jewish Brigade that fought under the British flag during World War II.

After the establishment of the IDF the two Jewish underground organizations the Etzel and Lehi joined with the IDF in a loose confederation but were allowed to operate independently in some sectors until the end of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, after which these two organizations were disbanded, and their members integrated into the IDF. The modern IDF came into existence during the period from 1949 to 1956 by experience gained through regional conflicts with their Arab neighbors. From 1956 to 1966, the IDF faced less conflict and used this time to purchase new equipment and change from an upstart army to a professional fighting force. As well, this period allegedly saw Israel develop its nuclear capability. Following these developments, the IDF increasingly emerged as one of the most powerful and modern military forces in the world recognized by many[who?] as "The Modern Sparta".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Israel does have the defensive set of mind. They have been constently fighting for 2000 straight years, and they are the ones who know combat the most, the ones with greater experience. You check out what they contributed to the world, and it is outstanding. Merkava Mk 4 battle tank, which does match and even top the M1A1 Abrams. They have some of the best pilots in the world, sometimes taking hundreds of enemies at a time. They have a pretty good special forces, and even more contributed individuals. They have developed the most deadliest fighting form: KRAV MAGA. They have developed the Trophy Active Defense System, the Tabor, and the WAVE. They have also stood their ground much more than any country. Israeli air force raided and destroyed Iran's Nuclear reactors at the time. They have hunted down and murderd all Black September members that killed the athletes at the 1972 olympic games. They also pulled off Operation Thunderbolt, by taking back Israeli captives from radicalist control. Simply said, don't mess with Israel.

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How is this breaking alternative news? Everyone knows Isreal has a competent, if small, military, which is largely propped up by the americans and possibly the british. What does this militaristic masturbation intend to tell us?

Isreal is little more than a desert for the most part, I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i know that, but israel i swear is going to do something to IRAN again, and I bet Congress knows it to, so they will not send any big force recon in to iran yet. And even if they really are a small spit of land to you, and they are propped up by the British. I think they did already save us once from another war, and i think that the war by their backyard is just driving them mad, and their about to kick some ass!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If it happens it happens, I'm not going to waste my health worrying about it. Isreal hasn't saved anyone from any wars that I recall, and it is possible that they may have actually provoked some.

I feel sorry for the greater jewish people, who I respect, but Isreal as a political nation is run by a bunch of corrupt zionist elitist supremacists and is bound to always be in trouble because of that. As far as I am concerned they can sort out their own mess, they get way too much atention as it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Mmm, I wouldn't say IDF is the worlds deadliest defensive force, my money would be on the Swiss for that one. They go through some extreme training. The only difference is, we haven't seen the Swiss army in action... possibly because nobody dares to try.

But I would definitely put my money on the Swiss as being the deadliest defensive force.

Can't really apply Britain and the US to that category, their forces are offensive ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well when you see Israel send a nuke over to Iran... then you can worry about your health because that my friend is going to be the start of the end of the world..... When the last war starts just know what side to be on is all....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Scratches head... how is a Wikipedia entry Breaking Alternative News?

This is just a propaganda thread for Israel--as if rooting for sides in a possible coming conflict weren't adolescent enough, in view of the hypocrisy surrounding this crisis, which lies deep enough you'd better put on hip waders.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A WIKI SNIPPET IS NOT BREAKING NEWS!!

Mods!!! where yall at?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i know that, how do you change the topic section? anyways the swiss can go through as much training as they can, again the Israel Army has the most experiance than any other powerful fighting force. China doesnt count because they lost every war they were in.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The US nuked two cities and the world didn't end. If WW3 does happen then a lot of people will die and a lot of you know what will hit the fan, but it will probably fall short of the most dire predictions, because there are people who want the spoils of the wars they create.

Either way, people rejecting the possibility of going to war beforehand reduces the probability of war actually happening. And what happens happens.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What spoils are left after a nuclear war exactly? You get 2 of the bigger countries going head to head for no particular reason, it's going to cause a chain reaction making WW3 a lot bigger then you think... Maybe not the end of the world but it will be a huge loss for all sides involved and no one will come out of it ahead...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you play your cards right the spoils is power over whatever is left. There are people in this world who are stupid enough to rather rule over a wasteland than be an average citizen in an utopia.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'll have to say you do make a valid point... You pretty much just summed up the way the world works so there's not much I can say to that....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
good now we are done with that nuke discussion, moving on to israel now, who posses no ICMBs in anyway. [SNIP] They don't need nukes, they use their own style of ending wars. Straight up whop [SNIP] with fists and teeth.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwiftFootedAchilles
good now we are done with that nuke discussion, moving on to israel now, who posses no ICMBs in anyway. [SNIP] They don't need nukes, they use their own style of ending wars. Straight up whop [SNIP] with fists and teeth.

they may not be able to hit the us (maybe central russia/china yes) but they sure do have nuke tipped ballistic missiles (Jericho's)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by SHNIPE]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by SHNIPE]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

"Jericho III is thought to have been in service since mid-2005. With a payload of 1,000 - 1,300 kg it has a range of 6,500-7000km[2][3], and probably significantly greater with a payload of 350kg (one Israeli nuclear warhead). This gives Israel nuclear strike capability against Africa, Europe, the Middle East and most of Asia."
Source

I agree with the OP, they DO have the toughest defensive fighting force, beause they have to.
They have time and again had to take on 4 or more arab countries at once, by themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SwiftFootedAchilles

Israeli air force raided and destroyed Iran's Nuclear reactors at the time

Just an FYI for ya Swift, Israel actually struck IRAQ'S nuke plant not Iran. They would have had a major response from the Persians if they had hit Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There's the source for you.

They are a very formidable force. I would tend to agree with other posters in stating they are very much propped up by the U.S. military machine.

I think those yelling for MODs to move the thread should chill a little. The OP has been here for 6 weeks. Sure it's not breaking news but he/she sure is enthusiastic. Don't we want to encourage that?

Becker

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Becker44]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
thanks man, i appereciate it. Yeah when i say ICMB i mean intercontinental ballistic missile, they only posses medium - to long range ballistic missiles. When i say intercontinental, i mean the true meaning of it. Fly into low orbit and strike ANY PLACE ON EARTH, not just one continent over. And Yes, i do agree with Mr.Monsoon because when they did have a war, they were attacked on all fronts, and had to push back many countries on different fronts to finally rout enemy forces. Such as the Six Day War at the beggining, but egypt did push them back with help from the russian SAM's. But when I mean Defensive Force, I mean the ability to strike down terrorists. There batting 1000 I think, when it comes to hunting down terrorists.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
and if you actually do some digging you would find out that israel had armed nukes ready on the six day war.

that and USS LIBERTY may i suggest you read up on that attack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join