It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art of deception: Crystal skulls in British, US museums were fakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Art of deception: Crystal skulls in British, US museums were fakes

news.yahoo.com

PARIS (AFP) - How about this for the next instalment of the Indy franchise: "Indiana Jones and the Dodgy Antiques Dealer"?

Less than three months after the Quai Branly Museum in Paris discovered that a crystal skull once proclaimed as a mystical Aztec masterpiece was a fake, it is now the turn of the British Museum and the Smithsonian Institution to find they were victims of skull-duggery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.baltimoresun.com
www.theherald.co.uk
tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Crystal Skull
Crystal Skulls are "modern fakes"
Largest known crystal skull, will be on display in SLC

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It seems that everyone has been duped by a bunch of would be genuine Crystal Skulls. Well it does show that if something is too good to be true it often is.

While not MesoAmerican in origin these scientist have shown that modern tools have been used to carve and polish these unique skulls.

What remains to be seen is who in fact did create these skulls and what purpose besides profit were the reason they were created.

Even if not created by ancient Aztec/Mayan cultures who did create them and why? Perhaps the origin of these skulls isn't even here on earth but created for some specific purpose by advanced alien races.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/9/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, Lynn Marzulli recently commented that he believed the crystal skulls are almost all fakes. It's just a quick couple of comments, but it can be found on a www.theedgeam.com interview.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The world is full of gullible suckers, who all want something fantastic or alarming to happen in their time. I'm one of them...

Not so much these skulls (hadn't even heard about them), but other things...

They had it coming. This is the price of approaching anything with blind faith.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That business man who went bankrupt, and sold one of the skulls, sure caught a break. I would love to know how each skull was acquired and the history and lore behind them. Interesting read.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by octoberbug]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There are many crystal skulls over 50 I think.
13 are only believed to be real. Is this one of the 13?

And Ive never believed they were real unless they were alien.
In that instance you guys can quit wondering, its art.

Im sure aliens have scratched their heads at our art.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Aparently the 13 skulls of destany have an important perpose for 2012. In that it can stop the magnetic pole shift somehow.

I had looked into this a long time ago and made a podcast about it ATS.P: WUKNR Mysteries of the Unknown

The ritual I don't know and some speculate that the skulls themselves run a computer program of some sort.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The skulls are based in black magic.

at least that's the illusion.

but the truth of the illusion is, it is evil.

what's that saying about playing with fire?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
In a recent interview Drunvalo Melchizedek stated that all the original crystal skulls are currently in the possession of the Maya tribes and will be part of a ritual to be performed in the not so distant future. I'm not saying it is proof of anything
- I myself haven't researched this author at all - but just thought I might add this comment to the thread given the fact I only watched this interview yesterday (though it dates back a couple of months).

Said interview is here:
www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

I think you have to be registered on that site to see it but it is free. Once registered click interviews and his is on June 2008. (Sorry I'm not more skilled presenting video links).

[edit on 9-7-2008 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I certanly don't claim to know everything about the crystal skulls, however I wonder why would you say that? Do you have some proof to back up your claim that they are evil? I certanly cannot prove that they are anything other than crystal skulls made of quartz but to claim that they are part of black magic and are evil. Thats quite specific. How are they evil? What makes them evil?

reply to post by InTrueFiction

I had also heard that one of the skulls was located at the bottom of a lagoon because the person that had found it was frightened because the local authorities would want to take it away from him so he threw it in a trunk over the side of his boat.

The program I saw also had an investigative team search the area, what happened was that tidal forces made them give up on their search for the skull as the current was getting too strong both times they had went down to search.

Its an interesting case. Fake skulls, skulls reportedly made for a specific perpose in antiquity for a specific date.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think this is only the beginning. As soon as we get to 2012 and absolutely nothing "cosmic" happens, then the real mess will start to proliferate.

Ever hear of cognitive dissonance or a book When Prophecy Fails: A Social and Psychological Study of A Modern Group that Predicted the Destruction of the World by Leon Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schachter?

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically the confirmation that these skulls are fake and when 2012 becomes the next "Great Disappointment", a massive New Age revival will follow.

This is a normal psychological response as many simply cannot take an objective view of reality. Dissonance sets in and they retreat further into their cult.

This actually scares me quite abit. Historically these real paradign shifts lead to violence, hysteria, panic, and radicalism. I worry that in the post 2012 world the cult beliefs behind this nonsense will create a very dangerous and psychotic monster. One that could disrupt society and eventually lead to literal religious revolution or terror.

[edit on 10/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

top topics

join