It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yellow Sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
RUSH is my favorite band, so I have to chime in here.

I don’t think the OP is being misleading at all. The (somewhat crappy) camera seems to react slowly to movement and color adjustments.

I think mistressofspices nailed it with the scientific explanation.

The time of the evening the pics were taken, combined with the moisture-filled clouds, provide a sufficient environment for a colorful, yellow sky.

I’ve seen yellow skies like this only once in Alaska.

Show me a cloudless, yellow sky, and you have something wierd (outside of L.A.)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It was yellow again today

around sunset, and it we've been having stormy weather
but i was at work and didnt have my camera

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
[I live in Manila, and just now, the sky is indeed YELLOW. It's kinda eerie, considering the sky has always been blue in the morning and INDIGO late in afternoon. Just now, it's already 5:47 PM and technically, the sky should've been indigo to dark blue. But the sky along Manila heavens is yellowish to orangeish.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The OP did not fake this. I can't get the video to load, so I don't know why it might look like a filter was used, but the sky was definitely yellow in this area last night following a freak storm with tornadoes and a lot of damage (one death reported but not confirmed).

A friend of mine snapped a great pic and posted it in her blog. I didn't get to see the rainbow (a bit too far east, I think), but I really enjoyed the eerie yellow sky. It made my windows look like they were glowing yellow.

alwaysacritic.wordpress.com...

If you think the non-sky portions of the photo look like they are yellow too, they DO look yellow. The colour reflected on everything; it was kind of like sky itself was acting like a yellow filter. If you looked to the south, though, the sky was still a dark grey. So maybe the cheap camera used by the OP was changing with each view.

EDIT: Okay, I'm such a noob. I came online looking for others who had seen our yellow sky last night (well, earlier this evening really). I only just noticed that the thread was started over a year ago. But I still believe there really was a yellow sky then, having seen one myself.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Queue]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Queue]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join