It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yellow Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
youtube.com...

I live in the toronto area and last night i noticed between 7-9pm the sky was yellow, i dont know what caused this, im sure there is an explaination, but i found it intresting so i got some video of it. If anyone knows what causes this i would be glad to hear it. Also i would like to know if anyone else in the greater toronto area saw the sky this colour.

*i have never posted a link before so i hope it works*

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wonder why its blue.. until you flick the yellow camera lens into place???

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
this is my camerareply to post by philjwolf

i didnt flick it or anything while filming i was merely holding it and poiting it to the sky, i did notice at the time though and it is clear on the video that the sky appears blue unless i pointed the camera directly towards the sky, i dont know why I`m not very camera savey

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by D.S.trustno1

You flicked to a yellow filter !

Or the camera auto adjusted to the light outside !

Hope that cleared a few thing's up for you the sky was infact NOT yellow as you more than likeley noticed when you looked up without using the camera.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 9-7-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

except that when i looked up i saw the sky WAS yellow and when my sister looked up she saw the sky WAS yellow and when her friend looked up she saw the sky WAS yellow and when anyone in oakville Ontario (just outside of toronto) looked up they would have seen the sky WAS yellow

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I live south east of you. Our sky was yellow last evening too. They were predicting thunderstorms here last night. I think it was yellow because of ozone being produced by the storms. It was eerie to see.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by D.S.trustno1

Sorry i DO NOT beleive you.

And it is pretty rare that i say that but in this case im positive.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspices

thank goodness there was someone else here who saw it, also thank you for the explaination as it did occur after a storm and before another

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's a little better explanation

"The sky does sometimes turn yellow or even green when thick storm clouds are present. The color is not completely understood, but one theory states that clouds will turn a yellow-green if 1) The clouds contain a very high amount of liquid water drops and perhaps hail, and 2) the thunderstorm forms early or late in the day near times of sunrise or more typically sunset.

Here’s how it works. Liquid water (as well as ice) is actually slightly blue in color (meaning that it absorbs red light weakly.) However, this color is so weak that it requires a thickness of tens of feet before it becomes apparent (much larger than the dimensions of a glass of water, for example). However, scuba divers can vouch for this, as objects seen beneath the surface of the water by more than ten or twenty feet do indeed appear bluish.

As you know, the sky turns a shade of orange or red at sunset. But why? It’s because the distance that sunlight travels through the atmosphere is much longer when the sun is low in the sky. Because atmospheric particles (dust, salt, smoke, pollution) scatter blue light more than red, the longer path of the sunlight through the atmosphere leaves sunlight depleted of blue and therefore rich in orange and red. This alone could be enough to account for an orange or yellow sky. When the reddish light from a horizon-hugging sun combines with the slightly blue color of clouds filled with water, the result can be an eerie greenish-yellow light. "

It came from here: www.wxdude.com...
Just scroll about 3/4 of the way done the page & you'll find it.

Natural but a little unusual.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here in NE Ohio we were deluged by a wave of thunderstorms including 'heavy' lightning. The worst was over the lake erie. Intellicast showed in moving N NE. Don't know if that could be related.
After reviewing utube it would seem apparent a yellow filter was clicked into place. Even the brick mortise was yellow than, normal light brown on a late click.
Your other submissions seem to have a preoccupation with the color yellow. Yellow butterfly...yellow something else.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I saw a sky that color once when I was a kid (maybe 10 or 12). I've never seen it since.

It is VERY odd to go outside, and have everything be yellow.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

i dont understand what ur mean about my other submissions haveing soemthing to do with yellow, what butterfly?

anyways i know i didnt use a filter, but its possible that the camera way reacting odd and flicking because it thought that a filter was one. The sky was litteraly yellow, other people saw it also

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
DS your own video pretty much shows it all. Clicked on filter. The masonry even showed up as yellow on a 'late click', then after another showed normal brown.
Blue overcast sky clicked betweeen yeller.

It is so obvious it is not even worth discussing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
lol thats funny

you can see a blue sky click click OMG it's yellow.

dude that's just funny

you can clearly see you are using something to make it yellow that goes CLICK CLICK

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Camera turns...CLICK...wow, the sky is yellow. CLICK...look it's blue. CLICK, wow, it's yellow. Come on now, seriously. Gimme a break.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
I live south east of you. Our sky was yellow last evening too. They were predicting thunderstorms here last night. I think it was yellow because of ozone being produced by the storms. It was eerie to see.

This may be the explanation. I lived in the very flat prairies as a boy and there was a summertime weather event that always impressed me. Towards the end of a very hot, humid and still day, the air would take on a green yellow cast, not as yellow as the pictures in this thread but more green. It was almost like looking at everything through a yellow-green lens, Whenever you saw that peculiar light, you knew a major storm was just over the western horizon and moving your way. Fast.

Not every storm has this odd effect preceding it, but I did notice that it did occur almost every time we had heavy hail or tornadoes.

I'm not a meteorologist (if there are any out there -- your input would be appreciated) but I suspect that steep temperature, humidity and pressure gradients at the storm front produced a odd refracting effect that brought out those colors in the sunlight.

If anyone has seen this -- common in North Dakota, Minnesota, Manitoba and Saskatchewan and probably other places -- you know how eerie it is and once you move away you sort of miss it because it is very, very cool.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This happened on the 9th right? I noticed it too! I live in Oakville by Trafalgar road and it was yellow between thunderstorms that day.

I remember standing on my porch and thinking how wierd it looked.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
here are two more videos, not mine, of different places in which their sky is also yellow

video 1

video 2

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm in South Central WI near the border of IL. This evening, after a line of severe thunderstorms passed, a nice rainbow appeared in the sky. While admiring it, we (the three members of my household) discussed how noticeably yellow the lighting in the neighborhood seemed. After a while it started to take on a slightly reddish cast, followed by a more subtle purple. We joked that these color changes indicated that we were, in fact, at the end of that rainbow.

This event intrigued me, and a quick google search led me to this discussion. Even more surprising, this thread was started yesterday. Only because of that I felt compelled to share my experience.

Because the original poster saw the yellow sky just yesterday, and others are seeing it too - as well as myself seeing it tonight - I tend to believe that the original post was genuine and not a hoax.

As for the youtube video, I don't know how to explain the "blue sky.. click click.. now yellow sky" that we all saw - BUT at the same time I really don't feel that this person did anything intentionally to make this happen. Wouldn't someone trying to "fake" this event cut the small portion containing blue sky out of the video anyway? Also, it should be noted that this person's username does NOT have any other videos on youtube pertaining to "yellow" anything.... there are only "related videos" that reference yellow. These are there (obviously?) because youtube uses keywords (like yellow) for the "related content" links.

Anyway, I really regret not getting pictures/video myself. Didn't think fast enough I guess. If I ever see this phenomenon again I'll be prepared to grab the camera!

Peace,

Digit of Sevens

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join