It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW theory about universe....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi I read an article and even see a show on tv talking about an new theory.

They say that our world is actually a frequency. They bealive as an example like radio stations that they don't exists in the physical world but yet they are know to exist. The radio is a device that tunes to these frequencies, they now think that our universe is a frequency and if you make a device that you tap in to another frequiency you can go to another universe.

With this theory they are now trying to make such a device using photons.

they are trying to see if it's possible to make your own world/universe.

They are doing research on this theory. They do think it's real and trying to make a device to tune to existing ones and also plan to make a photonic computer that could create it's own world where you can tap in and create your own world.

To me this is mind bottling.

They say this would be what some people might call the True matrix.

What do you guys think of this.

I am going to keep my eyes on the internet to see if I can find any article of this agian. So I could post it on the News area ect.

I just want to see what your guys reaction to this???

To me it kinda makes sense but also its mind botteling.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think that's so much a new theory as an extension of the Anthropic Landscape Theory which states that essentially infinite universes exist in false vacua. The "frequency" idea meshes perfectly with String/M theory if I understand it right, and like you said by changing the "vibrations" it may be possible to "tune in" to other universes that exist in the landscape.

I don't know the specifics but I would imagine your theory uses electrons and quarks analogous to photons as matter is to light. Very interesting stuff...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
yep very interesting. It's mind botteling to me to just think about if it's true.

If it's true can this explain ghosts we see??? when we talk about the other side would that be another universe??

I am very intersted in physics. Too bad I am going for accounting as a major urgh!!!.

lol. I wanted to see if anyone else heard of such a thing. I would like discussion on this subject/ topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's not as mind boggling as you might think, if you thought too deeply about it sometime.

Have you ever heard of fractals? Designs which repeat into infinity, and if you take one piece of the whole design, no matter how big or small, it would contain the whole design. Our universe is like that. All universes are like that. Everything is like that. A rock in our dimension could be a giant panda in another dimension, which could be a galaxy in another dimension, which could be another dimension within itself into infinity, as crazy as that sounds. Think about it. We're all composed of little spheres that orbit each other, our solar system consists of globes orbiting a spherical sun, the galaxy contains dots that orbit a central dot, and the universe is most likely the same thing at an even larger scale. In between shapes may vary, but at each stage of repetition of the pattern, you get essentially the same design.

This is just our dimension, though. There are infinite possibilities. In order for someone to visually understand that, there's a specific design I'm thinking of that could illustrate kind of how dimensions would look side by side.... but I can't think of the name. I've only gotten glimpses of it, but it reminds me of those mirrored floral patterns you find on walls and furniture and stuff in Buddhist temples. Either way, those dimensions are all interconnected as well, and if you took one piece of any dimension and zoomed inside it into infinity, the whole array of dimensions would eventually be repeated.

I don't like the word frequency, because in the true sense of the universe, frequency would also be an illusion.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Okay I lied.

I guess that is pretty mind boggling.

I'm just on a different thought pattern than most people.

Weirdo Jenkins is the name.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
well I am just saying that I am very interested in advance physics.

The problem I have is I don't have time to read all about it .

I don't bealive that some people are smart and some are dum. I really think that everyone can learn physics but they only can learn if they are interested in it. If you don't have a interest in it then you won't learn it even if your forced to learn it.

I really do enjoy physics I wanted to take a physics class in highschool but they didn't allow me since I was taking eletronics which gives a science credit they told me I can't take 2 science classes. I later on in my eletronics class know a kid name blake he is black and I asked him what he was taking and he said he got into physics and I was like how they wouldn't let me because we are taking eletronics which is a science class and he said that they do it on purpose so they can sqeeze more people outof district he said he had to yell at the counilors in order to take that class. After hearing that I was ticked off with my highschool.

So I just try reading stuff about physics online trying to learn new stuff.
I then stubmled over weird theories which this was one of them.

I would like to learn, physics and chemistry. I also would like to work on math. The schools I went too they don't teach you much and they go at a fast paste which if you didn't understand one chapter then your going to be lost in the hw ahead which I hate how they conduct classes.

do you know any good websites that I can use to learn college level physics,chemistry,math.. ect.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I guess they succeed on December 21, 2012...

It makes sense that everything is a frequency, specially with regards to the string theory.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
WOW This is quite an interesting theory here. Mind boggling, to say the least.

I will, however, remind you that no thought or idea is "New" and unique.

Every thought you have ever had has been thought before by people before you.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This theory in one shape or another has been around for some time now. If you are really interested in it might I suggest that you read the book The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

It covers things like this with string theory and also goes into hidden dimensions. It can be quite mind boggling that it will make you stop and say what kind of drugs were people on when they came up with these theories

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

If you'd like a good book for string theory, one that also gives you a decent background explanation for what built up to it, including classic physics, special and general relativity, and quantum mechanics, I'd suggest Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe".

One thing I'll caution, however. I disagree about anyone being able to learn physics to a true extent. Modern physics is now at a point of largely being theoretical only, and quantum mechanics alone isn't fully--even largely--understand by scientists themselves.

My point here is that this new realm of modern physics is apt to be misunderstood, generalized, and sensationalized in order to construct fun, but fictional, conclusions and possibilities. Just a note.

EDIT--The poster above beat me to it

[edit on 2-8-2008 by thrashee]

new topics

top topics

join