It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just dont believe how insane the world is right now. Just been reading on news that Iran has tested some missles.

Iran Plays With Matches

Russia is not happy with USA over the proposed missile shield in the former Eastern Bloc and has threatend military response.

Israel is toying with the idea of bombing (probably nuking) Iran to hell.

We are marching blindly into WW3 !!! I think part of the problem is that today's military have forgotten the fear the Cold War brought and have also forgotten that we have enough nukes to literally blow the planet into a million pieces creating a new asteroid belt. There will be no planet left. Nada, ziltch !!

I dont think we will ever get to see 2012. Welcome to WW3

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No that's not the problem, the problem is *Snip*

*Snip*

Mod Edit: 2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not at all, i am not the one testing nukes and rattling sabers. these are facts as reported on the news. My concern is that all of this will lead to the very real possibility of WW3. I do have a right to express those concerns. My concern now is that having survived the Cold War we are about to go very hot indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
well I have to agree with the title to this post it kinda looks like war mongering to me..

we maybe be marching toward WW3 but we aren't there yet so no welcome necessary i think that was the point of the non eloquent post that called you names, while I don't agree with the name calling (no reason for it) I od think you could have been a little less dramatic with the title..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
WB,

Your concerns are real and valid.

That said, I don't think the 2 major nuclear powers want to end all life on Earth, seriously.

Most issues are really both SP's want to play with/in some of the same countries.

I also believe, they are both petty enough to support a country just to mess with the other.

Like US supplying Afganistan stingers to shoot down Soviet/Russian aircraft. (Fools)

Like Russia supplying Iran/Syria... missile/radar systems, Nuclear technology (Idiots)

Even with all that, I doubt we will see a direct confrontation between SuperPowers.

Also, the reason i have not mentioned India/Pakistan/China is I believe that was beyond the scope of the OP's intent.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Nah this stuff has been going on for years, just with different countries. My parents tell me now they used to think every other news event was going to lead to WW3 back in their day and it didnt. Its no different now. Sure, things "COULD" lead to WW# as they always "COULD" have but so far they havent. Im gonna take the wait and see approach and not get all freaked out.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
We are marching blindly into WW3 !!!

Who said we are marching blind. The Gov't knows what it is doing. They have an agenda. For them every thing is happening for a reason. We the military are not blind.. I dont agree with all of it.. but i also dont agree that i am not allowed to spank my child. (Active Duty 15 Yrs.)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Bludrgon]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Wow, where i come from that's a filthy word.
Must you be insulting others?
Jeeesus!!!!

Didnt Irans little tyrant yesterday say he wanted peace? What happened over night? Did we provoke the little idiot?

Is he psycho? One psycho is enough but 2 of them and we have ourselves a world of problems

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bludrgon

First off i must express my respect to you for doing 15 years in the Armed Services. I could never do that, so much kudos to you for doing a brave thing !!!

Having never served in the Armed Services, obviously i have not got a clue what life is like on the front line other than war films and i am aware it must be vastly different to what we have been told !!!

However i do feel that on this occasion with regards to Iran/Israel/US/Russia with the current spat that it may escalate and things will get out of control and Pandora's Box will be opened and things will get very bad... I know we all die at some point, but going up in a nuclear fireball is not my idea of leaving this world. Nor do i want to be killed in a war that i neither support or agree with. Don't get me wrong, some wars are unfortunately necessary to deal with evil people like Hitler for example. I just feel this is explosive situation could be avoided. All people need to do is cool down, get together and talk through problems.

Let's hope this mess will be resolved peacefully.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes. The flag waving 'Home of the brave' singing pawns of our current political regime saying if your not with us your against us.
The only thing I'm against is profiteering corporations relying on the blood and sweat of Americans.

You don't think we are sitting on a powder keg now? Then you don't know Jack.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My concerns are the reckless behavior of the United States and Israel.

We have active sanctions against Iran and we are enforcing them.
We have constantly threatened Iran for their nuclear program which we have absolutely NO PROOF is for anything other than what they say it's for.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Israel held war games which were likely exercises for bombing Iran BEFORE Iran fired their missiles. Where is the Media on the coverage of this? Even this article turns the focus from Israel's recklessness to Iran's nuclear program.

www.navytimes.com...

US war games specifically geared toward defending against Iran. Again little to no coverage.

Iran has never taken up a policy of letting other countries bully them. For ever action there is a reaction, if Israel and the US do military exercises, so will Iran. If Israel and US attack Iran, Iran will retaliate. So often, promises of RETALIATION have been spun in our media as open threats.

Let's also not forget about our covert operations over in Iran. www.washingtonpost.com...

How about the missile defense system that we're building over there?

Are these covert operations NOT an act of war?

The only thing Iran has done is start up nuclear reactors. Everything else we have started by pushing them around.

Ahmadinejad said, “The greatest threat in the Middle East and the whole world … is the United States’ intervention in other countries.”

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So why is Iran developing missles designed to carry a nuclear payload?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Want to talk reckless? Then give Iran it's due. The Iranians have brought a lot of this on themselves. They hid aspects of their nuclear program in the past which casts doubt on whether they can be taken at their word now. Sprinkle in some rhetoric where Ahmadinejad has implied that Israel will cease to exist and their refusal to suspend uranium-enrichment and it's understandable why Israel in particular and most of the world community in general consider Iran a potential threat. The sanctions, which are not solely a US thing BTW, lack teeth and haven't changed Iranian behavior up until this point. If Iran is not seriously considering a nuclear stockpile they could "play ball" - temporarily suspend enrichment - while this whole "misunderstanding" is cleared up.

Regarding "covert" US actions in Iran, I think the "leak" is more of an eyebrow-raiser than the story. Iran does the same thing in Iraq and this shouldn't surprise anyone that follows the sit-rep over there.

Finally, citing Ahmadinejad as a lecturer on "meddling" is a joke. Ask the Lebanese people about Iran lecturing others on meddling but don't expect them to see the humor in it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is not, I repeat, not a game of RISK. Rolling for Kamchatka. This is real time, real missiles boys and girls. We are on the brink of cataclysmic juncture.
Israel is a redhot go for first strike. Only they will rule the mideast with American nukes.
It's really not to hard to follow the obsenity of destruction.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oh it's all part of the end game, aka 2012 phenomenon. There is going to be a nuclear war, however it isn't going to be as bad as it could have been. There's other things coming down the pike. Just hold on and try to enjoy the ride. Just think of it as one of those amusment park rides.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And I wonder why they took Jericho off the map. Whey too close for home perhaps. Srike them...we wil be striked.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I just dont believe how insane the world is right now. Just been reading on news that Iran has tested some missles.

Iran Plays With Matches

Russia is not happy with USA over the proposed missile shield in the former Eastern Bloc and has threatend military response.

Israel is toying with the idea of bombing (probably nuking) Iran to hell.

We are marching blindly into WW3 !!! I think part of the problem is that today's military have forgotten the fear the Cold War brought and have also forgotten that we have enough nukes to literally blow the planet into a million pieces creating a new asteroid belt. There will be no planet left. Nada, ziltch !!

To be honest, the world hates the U.S. because it is fond of protecting its intrests. I think the U.S. will decline into anarchy as the east goes crazy.

The world has become too politcally correct to deal with a real war, have become too soft. If you have read the book "Dune", you would realize that Frank Herbert based the series on the oil crisis in the east. Also, the movie "Team America, World Police" is a very accurate sum up of events, however crude it may be.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHJ 17
Want to talk reckless? Then give Iran it's due. The Iranians have brought a lot of this on themselves. They hid aspects of their nuclear program in the past which casts doubt on whether they can be taken at their word now. Sprinkle in some rhetoric where Ahmadinejad has implied that Israel will cease to exist and their refusal to suspend uranium-enrichment and it's understandable why Israel in particular and most of the world community in general consider Iran a potential threat. The sanctions, which are not solely a US thing BTW, lack teeth and haven't changed Iranian behavior up until this point. If Iran is not seriously considering a nuclear stockpile they could "play ball" - temporarily suspend enrichment - while this whole "misunderstanding" is cleared up.

Regarding "covert" US actions in Iran, I think the "leak" is more of an eyebrow-raiser than the story. Iran does the same thing in Iraq and this shouldn't surprise anyone that follows the sit-rep over there.

Finally, citing Ahmadinejad as a lecturer on "meddling" is a joke. Ask the Lebanese people about Iran lecturing others on meddling but don't expect them to see the humor in it.

Your dead on about the sanctions, the UN is filled with extremly weak people, not that weak people are a negative, but people who can't make desisions now will have to face worse consequences after it is all said and done. Could we destroy iran, sure, would it save the world from alot of problems, possibly.

Im not sure why all the liberals and athiests are so conserned over lives, i mean, were just animals right? FDR started a program to kill pigs and cows to boost up the price of meat and dairy products. If we do that to animals for selfish reasons, why should we be different?

(I oppose the above logic, but do think that we need to do something to iran, violence solves more problems than anything else)

top topics

join