It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America losing Space Race. Future cover-up maybe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is an article explaining how China, Russia, etc. are catching up to NASA's space program and could surpass them.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Now NASA is trying to beat everyone again. My theory is, if they actually go to the moon, they could set up old lunar artifacts(from the Apollo missions) to hide the truth about the lunar landing. I think they fear of losing power and showing us in the US to the world our people are liars. But I'm glad new stuff is being found out and all. Is there a way to find status updates on this missions to the moon? Is there any set time goals determined yet for any of these?

Sorry if this has been posted, couldn't find anything on this article yet.

[EDIT- Forgot a word ]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Gnihton]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnihton
Now NASA is trying to beat everyone again. My theory is, if they actually go to the moon, they could set up old lunar artifacts(from the Apollo missions) to hide the truth about the lunar landing.

The truth about the lunar landing is that we went, we saw, and all we got for it was this lousy T-shirt.
historicspacecraft.com...
But seriously, Japan's SELENE probe has already found evidence that we did what we said we did so it's already too late to "set up artifacts" on the moon.
www.unmannedspaceflight.com...
To me, this sounds like the conspiracists know that other countries are about to verify the apollo landings and so they're low-balling everyone's expectations by claiming that it doesn't prove anything because NASA "obviously lied" and set up the artifacts at a later time. When your theory is about to be disproven all you can do is try to make it unfalsifiable.

Unfortunately for the "evil conspirators," setting up false artifacts under the cover of ares will not be possible. For one thing there should already be 6 landing sites on the moon, they would have to utilize at least 6 flights with a rocket of equal power to the saturn V in order to create the appearance of all 6 landing sites.

For another thing, high magnification amateur satellite tracking is much more popular and much more advanced now than it was in the late 60s and early 70s. An amateur with a decent computerized telescope could distinguish the appearance of an original apollo LEM from the appearance of the future moon lander fairly easily. Trickery would not go undetected.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Is there any current pictures from any of the satellites of the landing sites?

And I still can't find any info on when they will start a manned mission to the moon.

Theory's are are a slim chance of truth and can be proved wrong. My theory/your theory can both be proved wrong until we see evidence, and I respect that and your claim. But what if my theory is correct, what would that cause as far as space exploration goes?

Also is there any info on the Japanese planning a mission to the moon too? They seem alot more technologically advanced than most countries with gadgets and electronics. If they put that much work on these "objects" as to what they could create for space, what could they accomplish?

This space race may benefit from either direction. But thing is, when will there be a world united space program. Imagine what could be unlocked then.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnihton
Is there any current pictures from any of the satellites of the landing sites?

But seriously, Japan's SELENE probe has already found evidence that we did what we said we did so it's already too late to "set up artifacts" on the moon.
www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

The picture I posted shows how the lunar soil is disturbed at the site of Apollo 11. The image was taken by japan's new SELENE spacecraft.

Theory's are are a slim chance of truth and can be proved wrong. My theory/your theory can both be proved wrong until we see evidence, and I respect that and your claim. But what if my theory is correct, what would that cause as far as space exploration goes?

Seeing as how other nations are already starting to see evidence at our landing sites, nevermind the other mountains of evidence I've looked at, I do not believe your theory to be correct. If it were it should be easily verifiable (or falsifiable) in future launches. We shall see. I'm confident that the evidence will show that NASA is not launching mock ups to the moon.

Also is there any info on the Japanese planning a mission to the moon too? They seem alot more technologically advanced than most countries with gadgets and electronics. If they put that much work on these "objects" as to what they could create for space, what could they accomplish?

Far as I know JAXA isn't planning any manned exploration any time soon but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. They sometimes will send a JAXA astronaut to fly with NASA spacecraft, however.

This space race may benefit from either direction. But thing is, when will there be a world united space program. Imagine what could be unlocked then.

Like it or not, competition is the best driving force, with or without cooperation. ISS is an example of cooperation without any competition; looks good on paper, terrible in execution.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This one gave me a little chuckle! Here's a question for ya....If you're the leader of a foot race, how can you possibly be losing? Is it because the competitors are closing in on you? If you still have to turn around to see them, you're winning buddy.

Straight from your article.......

The space shuttle is still the most sophisticated space vehicle ever built, and orbiting observatories such as the Hubble space telescope and its in-development successor, the James Webb space telescope, remain unmatched.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So until our competitors reach these milestones, you really shouldn't worry about it.

Besides, do you really think that the Washington Post knows what technology is being developed as we speak, behind closed doors? I'm gunna say..........Nope!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
The picture I posted shows how the lunar soil is disturbed at the site of Apollo 11. The image was taken by japan's new SELENE spacecraft.

Oh you have got to be kidding!!
I can see the very same 'disturbance' on at least five other spots on that image.

I have never been of the opinion that the moon landings were fake, but seriously, showing blurs on images that cannot resolve beyond 20 m(?) is not indisputable proof!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Oh you have got to be kidding!!
I can see the very same 'disturbance' on at least five other spots on that image.

I have never been of the opinion that the moon landings were fake, but seriously, showing blurs on images that cannot resolve beyond 20 m(?) is not indisputable proof!

I see craters but I do not see any other disturbances of the lunar soil that are that bright or of that nature. In fact, it's the brightest part of the image not related to a crater interior and there are no other disruptions of the soil there that are absent of some sort of terrain deformation. Lastly, selene has a maximum resolution of 10m/pixel, not 20.

A brightening of the area around the LEM is precisely what we expect to see, as evidenced by this photo of the Apollo 15 LEM taken by the CMP in orbit:

[edit on 10-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In order for other countries and conspirators to believe we made it to the moon, is to continue with the Mars project and send robot to the moon like we have been planning, construct our lunar base and continue to Mars.

Sorry had go edit to add the word "Duh"

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Another new image of an apollo landing site has turned up. SELENE has now imaged the apollo 15 landing site at 10 meter resolution and has again spotted the effects of the ascent stage plume. We also have before and after pictures of the site with the before picture taken by the apollo astronauts prior to landing:

www.jaxa.jp...

The "bright spot" from the engine plume is clearly not in the first picture and so it is clearly not a natural phenomenon.

The craters surrounding it also match perfectly, and since the apollo missions took the highest resolution photos of the moon's surface ever taken, verification of the placement of the smallest craters near the sites is further confirmation that the missions really took place.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
isn't going to the moon (again) kind of "been there, done that"?
can't we focus on something else in space? venus perhaps? (the twin to earth)

the world powers should work together to achieve a common goal.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Space is being commercialized. Branson's fleet cost less than a NASA shuttle. There is a "space race" but on a corporate level.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The USA is not and will never "loose" the space race. This is because it's not about robots taking pictures of the solar system, It is about who has, and will have the ability to dominate space, through the deployment of weapons and control of the weather. This is the stated goal of the US space command and it will happen, because it is already well underway by the good old USA!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
The USA is not and will never "loose" the space race. This is because it's not about robots taking pictures of the solar system, It is about who has, and will have the ability to dominate space, through the deployment of weapons and control of the weather. This is the stated goal of the US space command and it will happen, because it is already well underway by the good old USA!

maybe when we do become affluent in space, our smarter-than-us neighbors will finally step up and enlighten us on a set of rules and regulations to play by... (hey, one can only hope)

new topics

top topics

join