It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Briton faces jail after Dubai beach sex

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think this kind of thing is completely insane, I saw someone else got put in prison there for having a poppy seed somewhere on his person (from a bun), but as he was a UN/EU diplomat they let him go.

However, that's the law they decided, if you don't like their laws, then just don't go there, there are many countries in the world I will just never go to because I couldn't live by their laws.

It's like when people get snotty about someone getting the death penalty or a life sentence in some Asian country for a small amount of pot, TOUGH SH*T, if you want liberal drugs laws go to Europe, not Asia.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sounds like she did a Mel Gibson!

Got drunk, got caught, and racially abusing a cop. Considering their laws over there, and they got let off with a warning the first time (unmarried as well) I can't say they were treated harshly.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There's an old expression that pretty much covers the situation of the Brit lady looking at 6 years for sex on a beach in Dubai.....

She's ****** now!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wonder which will be HARDER, the six years in prison or the six years with no d***.

Seriously, people need to learn the laws of other countries before going there. It has been known for years that countries like this frown on public affection. I wish her the best.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
to me me she seems like a bad person who is very arrogant. DUBIA aint LONDON for crying out loud, dubia resides in the ME she should know better. i think the government there spoiled foreigners too much.

and the incident is kinda rare since no one is stupid enough to hit and berated a cop who was very lenient considering the crime so i would say the punishment was justified, i dont know why the OP was so upset.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

They don't learn the laws of this county they do anything to change ours and win most of the time.

We need some Brits to go to Saudi Arabia and take them to court for not being able to walk down the beach naked or something and then course riots. But doubt if anyone would ever move to a country like that.

Grooverider BBC dj was jailed for 4years for having a speck of weed on him like a dust ball amount.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

She deserve more because she also assulted the policeman !!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

its also illegal to have codeine in the UAE

Or in the EU, for that matter.

I agree with the "ergo", though.
And if she really did that, she should be arrested for criminal stupidity...

(OK, not really - just making a point here.)

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

its also illegal to have codeine in the UAE

Or in the EU, for that matter.

Here in the UK you can get some codeine products over the counter, and stronger ones on prescription.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Bottom line, I will never go to a country where I could get serious prison time for fooling around on a beach in the night when no one else is around. Those of you who think this is fine deserve neither liberty nor freedom, and shouldn't be living among free human beings, because you are weakening the gene pool.

We don't need more sheoples in this world, we already have too many.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Those of you who think this is fine deserve neither liberty nor freedom, and shouldn't be living among free human beings, because you are weakening the gene pool.

We don't need more sheoples in this world, we already have too many.

Get a grip! That's a harsh sentiment to make because others don't happen to share your views. The reality is she screwed up in a big, big way. It's more than just the sex on the beach which you seem hung up about.

It's the fact that she was belligerent, publicly intoxicated and assaulted an officer in the process.

Is that so hard to comprehend? If you can't accept this fact, then it is you weakening the gene pool.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Yeah, how dare someone get intoxicated and indulge in sexual pleasure. The officer had every right in the world to stalk her and her lover, and she had no right to get upset about it. Two lovers on the beach at night have no right to enjoy themselves. And kissing in public is a terrible crime, right?

The rule of jerks should win out.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Soooooooooooo....... there was a guy involved, whatever happened with him?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Soooooooooooo....... there was a guy involved, whatever happened with him?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsTouch

He is facing the same lengthy jail sentence. I have to wonder if this had been some local Muslim guy on the beach with this girl if the policeman wouldn't have looked the other way. Gotta think this isn't the first guy she has taken out on the beach for some fun, maybe just the first non-Muslim.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I know exactly where this happened, I was at Jumarah ( spelling?) Beach last spring. Let me tell you that there is NO isolated beach anywhere near the Jumarah Beach resort. Everything there is very highly populated and there are people everywhere. This is just plain stupidity on their part. Maybe they were drunk, i don't know and i really don't care. If they are stupid enough to do that in an Islamic country, after being waned, and then assaulting the officer then they both should go to jail. end of story.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
WOW !!!

What a persecution of individuality , eh ?

How dare the two of you may enjoy yourselves , like the camels do , in a public venue !!!.

I am the most qualified to answer this particular dilemma .

Should a couple have a freedom to copulate on planet earth ?

Yes .

Should there be conditions attached to this freedom ?

Yes .

Should an individual lose freedom for being in violation ?

No .

What is the appropriate Civil punishment for these infidels ?

a - Penalty payment for breaking the civil code .( maybe a cost of an average hotel room for a night )

b - Public Humiliation ( girls , pls speculate , I am extremely curious
of your choice of humiliation for her )

c - Law is an ass , viva lawlessness ; let her walk .

d - Bugger it , let's bomb Dubai !!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or simply never go there.

Mot people go on exotic vacations to do things like have sex with a stranger on a beautiful beach. I would say that news like this will probably hurt tourism. Most people do not believe in lengthy prison terms for amorous adventures.

How many kids are running the beach there in the middle of the night?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join