It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Like I'm Movin' On.............. And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
HEY Everybody!
I was sittin' here doin' some thinkin' and stuff. S I says to myself, Self? What is the best thing I can be doin' and stuff?
Hmmmmmm...............
Started a new gig 8 months ago. Learned a profession I new nothing about, and made a darn good living at it. Did I like it? Nope, well except for the paychecks anyway. Not too bad as far as hours go - between 50 - 80 hours a week. Not bad at all.
Like I said, I was doin' some thinkin' and stuff.
I made a gigantic decision, and pulled the trigger.
I have a side gig. Very cool! I've put some time into it, but need to concentrate more on it. I see what it can/will be, but realize it needs more from me.
So what did I do?
I resigned from my job. (You should have seen my boss face!)
Hmmmmmmmmm........
Smart idea?
Most would say not.
My thoughts? I've always loved a challenge. I thrive on it. I need it.
An anology. Sit in a raft on the ocean wearing a life vest. Why jump when you can just cruise along? But if the raft should sink you need to work to keep your chin above water.
Too late to turn back now! Wish me luck. Positive mojo is a great thing!
Here we go baby!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good for you lom! That couldn't have been easy. I admire those who take a chance....who just go for it!

Another analogy, if you will. It's kind of like those vacations that you can plan for a year, and it turns out to be a disaster...compared to those spur of the moment trips that can be a blast.

Good luck to you, it's exciting to take a new direction. Do what makes you happy.

Rush

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This would be easier to say if I wasn't aware of your preference in sporting teams, but... best of luck.

Takes a bit and then some to walk away from our security blanket, but I applaud those that are willing to let it ride. Good on you and best of luck.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by chissler]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good luck, Lombozo.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nice Lom... a little gamble here and there is what makes people successful.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
This would be easier to say if I wasn't aware of your preference in sporting teams, but... best of luck.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by chissler]

In my best Moe Howard imitation....... "Why I oughta!"
Now let's talk about teams, eh?
FLYERS vs. the Habs. Oh yeah baby! That's why I like to study history. Even if it is only like several months ago. By the way. What is a Hab anyway?
EAGLES!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmm............. EAGLES. Oh yeah baby.
Sixers, Phillies, Kixx, Wings and the soon to be crowned Arena Football League Champs - The Philadelphia Soul. Did I mention Joey Badabing who throws darts at the local PHILADELPHIA tavern, or Esther Thompson who is the 97 year old peonuckle champ from south Philly? Oh yeah! Philly rules!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN LIFE...REACH OUT AND GRAB IT."

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Excellent going Lom.

Boy is it scary when you make that first move.. But boyoboyoboyoboy is it worth it when you realise you're making a living doing something you prefer instead.

The world would be a happier place if more people aimed for a dream instead of a regular paycheque

No sinking feeling here..

join