It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you tell if your phone is tapped?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Same # is happening to me all the people and everything. Ive also heard voices before the call connects. One was remarking the name of the person i was calling. I think it may be aliens cause the line "area51" has come up three times on my computer today and this one is a code to post this comment. And no im not crazy

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Does this mean no government tap. What about the other groups/cults/gangs, etc. snooping about?

I tried it and got a 1 at the end and I still have clicking all the time on my phone. I also, get, pauses in between the dialing sequence.

After doing this, just now, as I type, I received a strange phone call that played a high pitched loud beep tone. The name and number on caller ID was: WEST 210-331-5229.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
just tell that you are going to assassinate the president of the united states at his inauguratrion over the phone clearly state your name your adress and what gun your are going to use and wait if someone will come to arrest you. Then you know if you phone is tapped

Besides did you guys know that in the netherlands appearlty they tape more phones in a month then they do in the united states in a whole year?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!? And there are only 16 milion people in that country!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The days of wire tapping have changed drasticly! No more do they have to put a devise on your phone, they can hook it to the phone line itself or even run a tap off a sat tower they think you use the most.

the recording will activate the moment the phone calling connects with yours (or vice versa) so that a click MAY be heard, but more than likely is not the sole reason to be suspicious.

If you are on ATS, you already got a great start ot getting bugged.

I have known some shady individuals and got mine bugged for quite some time. Its really not that hard to do.

there is a theory stating that if you mention certain words or phrases that you will get your line bugged.

The idea of the bug is to get you to say something incriminating on the phone, so how to decypher that yours is would naturally, not be an easy task.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If the tap is implemented at a digital switch, the switching computer simply copies the digitized bits that represent the phone conversation to a second line and it is impossible to tell whether a line is being tapped. A well-designed tap installed on a phone wire can be difficult to detect. The noises that some people believe to be telephone taps are simply crosstalk created by the coupling of signals from other phone lines.
Source

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cheshire cat

I'm not a phone tapper- But could you introduce me to your sister?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jleal
Stop worrying. Your phone is not being tapped. Unless you are under suspicion from the FBI or similar group. It cost lots of money to tap a phone. Only the government really taps phones. They got better things to do unless like I said you are doing something wrong and if you are than they had a Confidential informant Rat you out. Remember if you did not do nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.
I disagree with you on this one. I'm from a small town area, and the law around these several small towns just about do what they want to do(unless you have money or are tight with people in the click). They tap several phones around here( there is always someone on the inside that will surely let the " outside" ones know whats going on). A buddy of mine was just warned last week that they are listening in on his phone and whoever he calls more than once or twice, just might be added in with the other few numbers they group together. I was told that they could get this device that will allow you to put at least 6 numbers in it and you can listen to all 6 whenever.( usually the 6 #s are connected to the people they are watching- all one group).

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
first of all, there are no hardware used to tap anymore. they just bounce microwaves through your house and it "catches" the sound and returns it to them, so you don't even need to be on the phone to be heard. we had some sweet listening trucks over in iraq to spy on the locals with, the tech is amazing. but don't worry about phone taps, simply because your on this site FEMA and the NSA have a file on you. thank you patriot act, operation trojan horse is a program to catalog any member of a subversive group like oh say, this one! remember you had to enter a email address to join? and that email address has everything about you needed. they just piggyback the info typed into this site and file it for the future case against you at a federal tribunal after martial law is in place...then its, "take off your clothes and step into the airtight shower room with these 100 other people"

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I always wonder when I get those phone calls where no one talks after you say hello if they are recording my voice to make phony claims against me.

It can get pretty irritating and after so many of them, you tend to say more than "Hello?"

What if it is being used for malevolent uses like Project Blue Beam in the future to gain access to your friends and family during a Dark4kn1ght scenario?

Yes I get the echo, the clicking the usual too, or at least in waves.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Got a really obvious question.....

Anyone ever entertain the possibility of the govt making it *look* like this guy's phone was tapped purely as some sort of scare tactic?

I remember all the problems I had with my phone... Oy. I never did all the problems solved, but one of them was someone actually went out there and opened the wiring trunk to the elements, and water had gotten down into the guts of the system. Clicking, buzzing, weird noises, crackling, you name it.

And when Ivan blew thru- the phone lines were never, ever the same again. My internet connection acted so weird, I almost gave up using it ever again.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNoWhereMan

during the olympics cnn reported to everyone in china no to reveal sensitive information within 20 ft or so of a cell because they can eavesdrop on you

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
when your phone is tapped they will pay your bill because they want to make sure it stays on. the bill is paid automatically but if you pay also- the phone company will not tell you that is already been paid because they are not allowed to. so don't pay your phone bill if it stays on then yes it is tapped.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I always wonder when I get those phone calls where no one talks after you say hello if they are recording my voice to make phony claims against me.

Two possibilities....actually two choices. Often telemarketers (hey, everybody has to make a living) have auto-dialers and more than one phone line going so they'll connect before the last person has finished cussing and hanging up on them.

Secondly, auto-dialers will just go through sequence of numbers looking for a fax. When they find one, the number will end up on a list sold to...you guessed it...fax-based telemarketers.

Everything I know about modern taps, though, agrees that lines are routed through nodes that are accessible to surveillance. Further, unless you are being actively investigated, all calls are simply recorded and stored unless certain words flag them for immediate attention.

Just as an aside, I moved into new (old) home recently and found an in-line tap tucked up on the rafters. Radio Shack quality recording switch. Wonder what they were up to...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
First Method

Call 202-543-9994

Listen for a steady monotone signal with no interrupts. That means you are not being tapped. If you hear any interruptions in the signal tone, then you are being listened to.

Second Method:

Call 101028817709889664

They will first repeat the phone number you are calling from and then repeat a bunch of zeros. The number at the end of the zero’s is what is important. If it is a 1 - you have never been tapped and are not presently tapped.
If it is a 2 it means you have been tapped in the past but no longer are tapped.

If it is a 3 it means you ARE being tapped presently and you need to be careful what you say over the phone.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If your phone were tapped, it wouldn't be from inside your house. I wouldn't worry about it unless your conversations involve topics that are interesting to the DHS.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The week after 9-11, my phone had so much static, and it sounded like a washing machine noise in the background. At times, I could hear some Chinese or Japanese women talking in the background. It was really freaky! One morning at 7 a.m., an unmarked white van was in front of the house. A man rang the doorbell, and said, "You called and said you don't have a dialtone?" I told him I didn't call, and I checked my phone, but the dialtone was ok. I don't know what that was all about?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocelot

I have a friend who used to be an army ranger and he says the government has the ability to turn on your cell phone camera and see whatever your camera is pointing at. CREEPY

if you really dont trust the government goto zeitgeistmovie.com... and watch the movie on the right. its creepy awesome

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You Have to Watch NOVA "spy factory" yes your phone is tapped, everyones is now! EVERYONE'S!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

If your phone were tapped, it wouldn't be from inside your house. I wouldn't worry about it unless your conversations involve topics that are interesting to the DHS.

Well, I've been a member of ATS for over 5 years now, I'm pretty sure that I can discuss many things (just from what I've read on this site alone) that the DHS would find interesting.

I'm slowly still finding out more about my elusive neighbor, though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join