It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good article Drone

No use in debating it, you'll never be right even when your right. And the topic will drift into everything but the point you made. That's just how it works. It's wrong, they know it, you know it, and I know it. Nobody wants to admit it.

Makes you mad doesn't it?

You'll be labeled a racist, or a bigot even if you aren't. And the person that has created the wrong in the first place gets praised. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me just exactly how that works.

Get used to it. It's just going to get worse. MUCH WORSE.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?

Because it's a private business and we shouldn't go around telling networks what they can and cannot air. As much as I don't like Obama and as much as I suspect that this could be as much an attempt to help his campaign as it is a business decision, I'd probably do the same thing if I owned that network. Do you really think that network's ratings would be any good for coverage of the Republican convention? I'd say it's a fair bet they'd be abysmal. On the other hand, a large majority of American blacks are excited about this particular campaign. It would be idiotic for the network not to cover the Democratic convention.

With that said, I think this particular story and plenty of other similar ones could backfire and cause Obama's campaign more harm than good. Think about it, the Democrat candidate ALWAYS wins the black vote (which is mind-boggling, but that's for another debate). Obviously, this year will be no different, and the slight bump they'll get in the category just from having a candidate who is half African could easily be offset by non-blacks (not necessarily racists, mind you) who are turned off by the appearance of black people throwing their support behind the man just because he happens to share their skin tone.

All you have to do to make a person act in a racially-motivated manner is to rub race in his face aggressively enough.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

Originally posted by Dronetek
Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?

Because it's a private business and we shouldn't go around telling networks what they can and cannot air. As much as I don't like Obama and as much as I suspect that this could be as much an attempt to help his campaign as it is a business decision, I'd probably do the same thing if I owned that network. Do you really think that network's ratings would be any good for coverage of the Republican convention? I'd say it's a fair bet they'd be abysmal. On the other hand, a large majority of American blacks are excited about this particular campaign. It would be idiotic for the network not to cover the Democratic convention.

With that said, I think this particular story and plenty of other similar ones could backfire and cause Obama's campaign more harm than good. Think about it, the Democrat candidate ALWAYS wins the black vote (which is mind-boggling, but that's for another debate). Obviously, this year will be no different, and the slight bump they'll get in the category just from having a candidate who is half African could easily be offset by non-blacks (not necessarily racists, mind you) who are turned off by the appearance of black people throwing their support behind the man just because he happens to share their skin tone.

All you have to do to make a person act in a racially-motivated manner is to rub race in his face aggressively enough.

I think it would be racist for whites to believe that 90% of black voters in the primary elections voted for obama because he's black!

Blacks didn't get behind many black people who have ran for.president! History doesn't support that theory!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
Start a website and create a grass roots movement, but don't be surprised if groups like the klu klux clan support you efforts!

You and the Obama employee don't even realize how much you destroy your own arguments when you say that the KKK will support the efforts. You don't even realize you are saying that a "white" channel would be racist and supported by racist groups, yet a "black" channel is just fine.

You contradict yourself, you prove yourself wrong, and you aren't even man enough to admit it. Thats sad. :shk: :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think it would be racist for whites to believe that 90% of black voters in the primary elections voted for obama because he's black!

Blacks didn't get behind many black people who have ran for.president! History doesn't support that theory!

They got behind Jesse Jackson, who was the first and most recent credible black candidate for president.

OK, then. You explain why nine out of ten of them supported him over Clinton when their stances on the issues were practically indecipherable.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Start a website and create a grass roots movement, but don't be surprised if groups like the klu klux clan support you efforts!

You and the Obama employee don't even realize how much you destroy your own arguments when you say that the KKK will support the efforts. You don't even realize you are saying that a "white" channel would be racist and supported by racist groups, yet a "black" channel is just fine.

You contradict yourself, you prove yourself wrong, and you aren't even man enough to admit it. Thats sad. :shk: :shk:

Don't be silly! The klan supports anything they feel with uplift the white race!

The klan is against affirmative action! Does that mean anyone who is against affirmative action is racist?

Let's not be foolish!

I said "don't be surprised..."

So don't be!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They got behind Jesse Jackson, who was the first and most recent credible black candidate for president.

OK, then. You explain why nine out of ten of them supported him over Clinton when their stances on the issues were practically indecipherable.

The black community was very split on jesse jackson!

Coretta king and ralph abernathy supported mondale and this caused a major rift, along with the jesse/farrakhan controversy!

Jesse never got the support obama is getting!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Don't be silly! The klan supports anything they feel with uplift the white race!

Exactly. Logically anything the KKK supports, that means they feel it is in their best interest that that particular thing succeed, what ever it is they are supporting. And because the mere mention of those three letters in society gets you a dirty look, and probably a little more in a predominantly black area, anything they would support is racist. Therefore, in the eyes of those who cannot think for themselves, anyone who has the same beliefs as the KKK on even one issue is "racist".

That is how society is and has been built since after the civil rights movements. That is the politically correct crackdown on freedom of speech, freedom of choice and freedom of thought that has occurred on white people.

I don't feel bad for white people about that, and I'm not claiming white people are the victim, because for the most part, white people have willingly suppressed their own opinions and their own words for fear of being politically incorrect and being labeled a social outcast.

But that does not make that social crackdown any more right.

Maybe you just can't see it. Maybe you live in a different part of the country, and have most of your life. Maybe you've lived a different life style in a different culture. If that were the case, it would probably be hard to see this social crackdown. But I assure you, its there. And simply because it is against another race and not your own does not make it right.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with having a private television company devoting their airtime to a selective market group. My only complaint is when there is finally something worth watching but Its on the HBO Latino network and I dont speak Spanish.

But seriously, both sides of this entire argument are correct. Look at history classes taught in high school and even most college courses. They are all Western Civ or American History. Non-Western Civ history taught can basically be boiled down to a handful of facts a) Slaves were brought to the US from Africa, b) Silk comes from Asia, and c) Marco Polo and Nixon went to China.

Now, about "white" pride. Does it exist? Sure does, we just dont call it "white pride". We celebrate being Irish, Scottish, Italian, Russian, or any other European country. Its pretty much the same thing and I think everyone should take pride in their heritage or culture.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

The reason the black only channel is only showing the DNC convention is because the Democratic Party is the party that allows black people to get away with "acceptable" bias and racism, while conditioning black people to rely on the government to take care of them through government services.

The Democratic Party, led by The Clintons and their cronies, has turned my people, for the most part, into a bunch of followers and government dependents.

Obama is a Democrat, but he is only one because of convenience...That's why he's taking Sen. Chuck Hagel with him to Iraq along with Sen. Reed. I hope he chooses Hagel as a running mate in the election. I'll roll on the floor laughing!

Obama is a double agent of change!!!

I am going to LMAO over the next few months during the big "reveal", when Obama shows everyone that he's really for the GOP.

If Obama gets elected, I hope he comes out of Air Force One wearing a Nixon mask..."Surprise, Mother F'ers, surprise! Had ya' fooled, didn't I?!?!"

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Better yet, make that a Reagan mask!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why does everyone forget this idiot Barrack Obama is NOT BLACK, he is friggen HALF WHITE AND HALF BLACK

The black community wants to claim him because this way they can feel like they've accomplished something. In essence they are riding on his back on the road to fame.

Im sick of this black pride crap, im just proud to be an American, and so should they.

We all have more important issues to worry about, and Barrack Obama is just another puppet for the NWO.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ummm...with all the problems happening in the world, I think this "discussion" about black / white television programming is silly. Keep in mind when the US economy tanks, we may all relying on each other. Doesn't matter if your skin color is blue, purple, green, pale, dark, etc. There's good and bad in every race but also keep in mind that we are all part of just one race. Lighten up people.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Exactly. Logically anything the KKK supports, that means they feel it is in their best interest that that particular thing succeed, what ever it is they are supporting. And because the mere mention of those three letters in society gets you a dirty look, and probably a little more in a predominantly black area, anything they would support is racist. Therefore, in the eyes of those who cannot think for themselves, anyone who has the same beliefs as the KKK on even one issue is "racist".

That is how society is and has been built since after the civil rights movements. That is the politically correct crackdown on freedom of speech, freedom of choice and freedom of thought that has occurred on white people.

I don't feel bad for white people about that, and I'm not claiming white people are the victim, because for the most part, white people have willingly suppressed their own opinions and their own words for fear of being politically incorrect and being labeled a social outcast.

But that does not make that social crackdown any more right.

Maybe you just can't see it. Maybe you live in a different part of the country, and have most of your life. Maybe you've lived a different life style in a different culture. If that were the case, it would probably be hard to see this social crackdown. But I assure you, its there. And simply because it is against another race and not your own does not make it right.

Why did you leave out my affirmative action example?

Your response comes across a little dishonest and weird, because you had to know that I would call you on this!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

The reason the black only channel is only showing the DNC convention is because the Democratic Party is the party that allows black people to get away with "acceptable" bias and racism, while conditioning black people to rely on the government to take care of them through government services.

The Democratic Party, led by The Clintons and their cronies, has turned my people, for the most part, into a bunch of followers and government dependents.

Obama is a Democrat, but he is only one because of convenience...That's why he's taking Sen. Chuck Hagel with him to Iraq along with Sen. Reed. I hope he chooses Hagel as a running mate in the election. I'll roll on the floor laughing!

Obama is a double agent of change!!!

I am going to LMAO over the next few months during the big "reveal", when Obama shows everyone that he's really for the GOP.

If Obama gets elected, I hope he comes out of Air Force One wearing a Nixon mask..."Surprise, Mother F'ers, surprise! Had ya' fooled, didn't I?!?!"

White people get way more government aid that black people!

Might wanna look into that homie!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Why does everyone forget this idiot Barrack Obama is NOT BLACK, he is friggen HALF WHITE AND HALF BLACK

The black community wants to claim him because this way they can feel like they've accomplished something. In essence they are riding on his back on the road to fame.

Im sick of this black pride crap, im just proud to be an American, and so should they.

We all have more important issues to worry about, and Barrack Obama is just another puppet for the NWO.

Most black people in america and half or a quarter or a 16ths white do to slavery!

Most black people obama included don't go for the half white game! We know how the world sees us!

Obama is a black man married to a black woman with 2 black daughters! His mother was white and that's about it! He can't pass as white! It is what it is!

The black community didn't claim obama, he claimed us! (Unlike a tiger woods!)

And yeah, obama is down with the NWO! Wish more blacks would see it!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I think black people had 8 years of clinton and didn't want 12!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Honestly, can you blame them? Since 2000 the blacks have been bent over and royally fu*k*d in the a*s by Republicans. First, there votes were not correctly counted and disregarded in Florida. Then, all the black governors and politicians protested in the Senate about this fact, yet not one Senator was willing to endorse their opinion so it could be investigated further. Next thing you know, a year later 9/11 happens, and Bush's response sucks and is put into question, raising hopes that the very President who is only President because he denied the black vote in Florida will only get 1 term.

However, against all predictions, Bush and the Republicans get a second term. And, in less than a year, a hurricane (which had been known about for days but which had inadequate preparations for) threatens and destroys a highly black populated area, a great, largely black, historic city, lead by a black Mayor, and Bush and the Republican government take days to even acknowledge that they really have a domestic disaster on their hands and even when they do acknowledge it, send vastly inadequate support and services, so inadequate, that people are still living in temporary accommodation today.

So, based on the past 2 Presidential campaigns where Republicans have won, the black population have been screwed over big time on each occasion.

Hell, I'm surprised black orientated channels aren't playing Democrat public information campaigns 24/7, and I wouldnt blame them if they did.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The GOP supports African Americans?!

Srsly?

Do they?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
see this kind of tews is what we call in america giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Luckily though its a small network and Fox News has warned us about this hack channel. When it comes to speaking truth to power only fox news has been able to rise to the challenge of confronting our nations leaders with real issues. not all networks are going to be Fair and Balanced like fox but will instead choose ides dividing our country instead of uniting us under the banner of freedom. Our nations heros are currently battling evil and non christians all across the world. Luckily this satanic network wont stop McCain. McCain has not stopped campaigning for liberty and justice and dont expect him to back down from the truth either.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join