It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
This argument seems to be that if BET shows a black pollitical event, then they must show a white one as well. This is a twisted line of reasoning as well.

Then I'm sure you wouldn't complain if some cable channel decided to show white-based only programming. If you did complain then it would be a 'twisted line of reasoning'.

This is apparently a no logic zone.

Apparently.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This argument seems to be that if BET shows a black pollitical event, then they must show a white one as well. This is a twisted line of reasoning as well.

Then I'm sure you wouldn't complain if some cable channel decided to show white-based only programming. If you did complain then it would be a 'twisted line of reasoning'.

Are you conceding that the Democratic National Convention is strictly a black political event? You can't possibly be serious.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Are you conceding that the Democratic National Convention is strictly a black political event?

'Conceding' that the DNC is a black poltiical event??
Think carefully about the words you just picked to use.

YES. IMHO - To the black people watching the race-based black stations the DNC is a black event. The democratic party is like some big club they belong to and when they come across a black person who isn't in their club then that poor black person is labeled 'not black enough'. (and yes, it's happened to people I know)

Otherwise - they'd give the RNC the same amount of time that they give the DNC.

You can't possibly be serious.

Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

Like I said before - WHATEVER. Let them be myoptic and wallow in their own self-segregated cesspool of ignorance. It's of their own doing and it's their own choice to be 'apart' from everyone else in this country. THEIR LOSS.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba

Some whites have always been cool! That,s not the point!

They were POWERLESS to the racist white MAJORITY!

Just last year the scientist who discovered DNA said that blacks were inferior!

Whites have taught black inferiority (and still do) for centuries!

Why do you think they had seperate resturants, hotels, restrooms, water fountains, ect... In the 1st place?

You didn't just shoot yourself in the foot, you shot your foot clean off!

Peace!

Wait, so are you really trying to say that segregation wasn't about separating the races based on white fear of a different culture but because all racist whites believed that blacks were inferior? Are you kidding me? There's no way that's true. You could say that about clan members and other hard core racists who spread their hate and fear to others who then became racists out of some obligation or association to the real racist pigs, but to say all racist whites were rotten to the core isn't true. I've known a couple of racist white folks who have changed their tune and now see African Americans as they should - as people just like themselves. Surely there were some people back then that practiced racism out of the fear mongering and pressuring from the hard segregationists but didn't feel right about it.

Put it this way - if racists were all rotten to the core and unable to change who they were because they truly believed blacks were inferior, I daresay we would seeing far more white racists today than we do now. The fact that Obama has made it to the tier of presidential candidate should make everyone in the country proud that a black man can and is accepted at the pre-POTUS level!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

'Conceding' that the DNC is a black poltiical event??
Think carefully about the words you just picked to use.

I deliberately chose that particular word. Your previous posts seem to imply that the DNC is strictly a black political event. You either agree with this assessment or you don't.

Because, you know, only black people belong to the Democratic party. Heaven forbid someone even mention the words multiculturally diverse because they'll probably get very upset.

YES. IMHO - To the black people watching the race-based black stations the DNC is a black event. The democratic party is like some big club they belong to and when they come across a black person who isn't in their club then that poor black person is labeled 'not black enough'. (and yes, it's happened to people I know)

Interesting, now you speak on behalf of the black population.

Yes, I see what you mean. The Democratic party is a big club, unlike the Republican party which never considers itself to be the Grand Old Party. Yup, nothing club-like about that. Got it.

Otherwise - they'd give the RNC the same amount of time that they give the DNC.

So, despite the fact that BET is an entertainment channel, and not a news outlet, you think they should be forced to have balanced coverage. Because, as everyone knows, BET's viewers apparently aren't smart enough to switch stations and watch the RNC even if they wanted to.

And, it is a well-known fact that none of the news oulets will be giving the RNC any coverage at all. Zero. Zilch. So BET is beholden to carry it on its station, for the betterment of the nation overall.

Like I said before - WHATEVER. Let them be myoptic and wallow in their own self-segregated cesspool of ignorance. It's of their own doing and it's their own choice to be 'apart' from everyone else in this country. THEIR LOSS.

Yes, it is ignorant when people wave their ignorance around on a bright banner for the world to witness. Unlike you, who would never deign to such a level of utter stupidity. Because unlike others, you hold yourself high above the fray. No mud on your shoes. No, siree.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And keep in mind that BET and TV One are NOT all black channels!

Why? Because a white person at some point in the history of the channel made an appearance?

I know nothing about TV One. I hadn't heard of it until this thread.

My main problem, as I have said many times, is with BET, simply because a "White Entertainment Television" would not be tolerated.

You claim there are white channels all over cable, but can you point to one that has "White" in the name and is directed at only white people? Can you find any evidence that any channel targets their content at only white people? Can you find any channel that has never had a black person on any of their programs in their entire history?

No, you can't, because it wouldn't be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To be fair, both channels have had white people in the programming. I completely agree with you otherwise.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

And keep in mind that BET and TV One are NOT all black channels!

Why? Because a white person at some point in the history of the channel made an appearance?

I know nothing about TV One. I hadn't heard of it until this thread.

My main problem, as I have said many times, is with BET, simply because a "White Entertainment Television" would not be tolerated.

You claim there are white channels all over cable, but can you point to one that has "White" in the name and is directed at only white people? Can you find any evidence that any channel targets their content at only white people? Can you find any channel that has never had a black person on any of their programs in their entire history?

No, you can't, because it wouldn't be tolerated.

1. BET and TV One are NOT black channels because they are owned by Viacom and Radio one, Comcast corporation and DirecTv!

2. Here is a list of white people who have been on BET in 2008 that I've personally saw and I rarely watch them...
Harrison Ford
Shia lebouf
Mike myers
Hillary clinton
The beastie boys
Scott storch
Robin thicke

3.I gave my reasons for why I believe that there was never a "White entertainment television" station! Go back to page 6!

The 1st black star on a tv show was bill cosby on I-Spy
In 1965!

Television was invented when?

How many years of White Entertainment Television does that make?

Peace!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Grand Puba]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How much longer will racism from minorities continue to be overlooked?

Minorities need to be held to the same standards as whites.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Racism is not the topic of this thread. It is about BET's decision to provide coverage of DNC.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
How much longer will racism from minorities continue to be overlooked?

Minorities need to be held to the same standards as whites.

Can you provide some examples of racism from whites being overlooked?

What standard is the white standard?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Yes and this one is based on race. Geez, you guys are killing me here. You cant see that you have a different standard for racism, based on the color of the offenders skin.

The fact is, some of you support racism. You don't see it that way, but by definition you are accepting discrimination based on race.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

i agree 100% Dronetek

your absolutely right, these ignorants are supporting racism and embellishing it.

By definition they ARE accepting discrimination based on Race.

Dronetek i view you as a non-racist. I like you, Believe in Martin Luther King Jr's Dream.

But these foaming at the mouth racists, who only see the world in skin colors, are destroying any hope we have for equality in america.

My kid will have a hard time holding hands with a colored kid, when that colored kid is taught to comdemn my white kid for being white.

In reality tho, my 4year old daughters best friend is the black girl down the street. Neither of them even know what race is. They never realized they were different colors.

Why? Because my wife and I, and the colored girl's parents, are good people and do not point these things out to our children. We just let them play and have fun.

We look at each other as people, not as colors.

But the posters who are agianst you Dronetek, they are clearly racist in that they only view the world in colors.

NBC is white only? Thats 100% wrong and inaccurate, and serves to prove beyond all reasonable doubt, that you Clearly openly view the world in Colors. You refuse to look at people as "people", otherwise you would have never made such a Incorrect post.

Anyways what channel is Oprah on these days? Oh i guess they convienantly forgot about shows like that. How about Montel?

See, they call the major networks Racist and ignore the PROOF they are NOT white only. Its called ignoring evidence thats agianst your screwed up viewpoint.

Which to me is proof the detractors of Dronetek's thread, are flaming racists.

Cmon guys, its 2008, isnt it a bit late to be having this ignorant racist viewpoint of the world? I know the media fuels your thoughts, and keeps your blinders on, but you gotta let it go.

Well Drone, maybe one day these people will learn how to treat people equally, and Dr King jr's Dream may one day come true.

And your Right. Dr King is rolling over in his grave. Its a sad thing indeed.
King Jr was a shining example of non-racism. Ill stop ranting now.

But good thread Drone, i believe your making an excellant point.

Keep the fight up for stopping Racism. One day we will defeat ignorance. And Dr King's dream will become reality

[edit on 10-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The whole "BET is racist" meme is possibly the stupidest thing in the world, along with "why can't I have a straight pride parade", etc...

Are people really this dense?

You are the majority.

There is no need to have a "white TV channel like BET but aimed at white people", because every channel is already aimed primarily at white people, run mainly by white people, etc...

There is no need for a "straight pride parade", because every other parade there is is made primarily of, and aimed primarily at, straight people.

Ditto for the Korean TV channel, Cinco De Mayo, whatever people want to use to cynically continue to embrace the absurdity that white heterosexual males are some kind of persecuted underclass

There is a lot of PC BS out there, let's not respond with BS of our own, please...

I would respond further with the language I actually use whenever this demented & obviously facetious argument comes up, but I'm pretty sure I'd get banned

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Some whites have always been cool! That,s not the point!

They were POWERLESS to the racist white MAJORITY!

Just last year the scientist who discovered DNA said that blacks were inferior!

Whites have taught black inferiority (and still do) for centuries!

Why do you think they had seperate resturants, hotels, restrooms, water fountains, ect... In the 1st place?

You didn't just shoot yourself in the foot, you shot your foot clean off!

Peace!

Wait, so are you really trying to say that segregation wasn't about separating the races based on white fear of a different culture but because all racist whites believed that blacks were inferior? Are you kidding me? There's no way that's true. You could say that about clan members and other hard core racists who spread their hate and fear to others who then became racists out of some obligation or association to the real racist pigs, but to say all racist whites were rotten to the core isn't true. I've known a couple of racist white folks who have changed their tune and now see African Americans as they should - as people just like themselves. Surely there were some people back then that practiced racism out of the fear mongering and pressuring from the hard segregationists but didn't feel right about it.

Put it this way - if racists were all rotten to the core and unable to change who they were because they truly believed blacks were inferior, I daresay we would seeing far more white racists today than we do now. The fact that Obama has made it to the tier of presidential candidate should make everyone in the country proud that a black man can and is accepted at the pre-POTUS level!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by sos37]

Ever heard of Sir Francis Galton? He invented the term "nature versus nurture"! He also went to africa and found that blacks were of inferior intelligence compaired to whites!

His views were regarded as truth beyond a shadow of a doubt in the years following slavery til' the 1930's when his bullskit began to be questioned! By 1961 the majority of the scientific community rejected his findings!

So yes, whites in mass accepted segregation to keep those of inferior intelligence seperated form the "pure white race"!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Racism is not the topic of this thread. It is about BET's decision to provide coverage of DNC.

Actually it's - 'Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC convention.'

- It's NOT about the 'decision to provide coverage of the DNC' .. it's about the decision to provide ONLY coverage of the DNC.

- Race and racism is directly implied in the title.

- Racism is definately allowed to be part of the discussion outlined by the title.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
edit

so sorry, posted this in the wrong thread

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Dronetek

Yes and this one is based on race. Geez, you guys are killing me here. You cant see that you have a different standard for racism, based on the color of the offenders skin.

The fact is, some of you support racism. You don't see it that way, but by definition you are accepting discrimination based on race.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

i agree 100% Dronetek

your absolutely right, these ignorants are supporting racism and embellishing it.

By definition they ARE accepting discrimination based on Race.

Dronetek i view you as a non-racist. I like you, Believe in Martin Luther King Jr's Dream.

But these foaming at the mouth racists, who only see the world in skin colors, are destroying any hope we have for equality in america.

My kid will have a hard time holding hands with a colored kid, when that colored kid is taught to comdemn my white kid for being white.

In reality tho, my 4year old daughters best friend is the black girl down the street. Neither of them even know what race is. They never realized they were different colors.

Why? Because my wife and I, and the colored girl's parents, are good people and do not point these things out to our children. We just let them play and have fun.

We look at each other as people, not as colors.

But the posters who are agianst you Dronetek, they are clearly racist in that they only view the world in colors.

NBC is white only? Thats 100% wrong and inaccurate, and serves to prove beyond all reasonable doubt, that you Clearly openly view the world in Colors. You refuse to look at people as "people", otherwise you would have never made such a Incorrect post.

Anyways what channel is Oprah on these days? Oh i guess they convienantly forgot about shows like that. How about Montel?

See, they call the major networks Racist and ignore the PROOF they are NOT white only. Its called ignoring evidence thats agianst your screwed up viewpoint.

Which to me is proof the detractors of Dronetek's thread, are flaming racists.

Cmon guys, its 2008, isnt it a bit late to be having this ignorant racist viewpoint of the world? I know the media fuels your thoughts, and keeps your blinders on, but you gotta let it go.

Well Drone, maybe one day these people will learn how to treat people equally, and Dr King jr's Dream may one day come true.

And your Right. Dr King is rolling over in his grave. Its a sad thing indeed.
King Jr was a shining example of non-racism. Ill stop ranting now.

But good thread Drone, i believe your making an excellant point.

Keep the fight up for stopping Racism. One day we will defeat ignorance. And Dr King's dream will become reality

[edit on 10-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

Thanks a lot for your comments. As far as Dr. King goes, I respect and admire him very much. Much like Mark Twain and Albert Einstein, he was way ahead of his time.

People need to wake up and accept the fact that we humans are all in this together and drop all the skin color crap. Just realize that human beings are flawed in many ways and treat everyone like they were your neighbor. Stop holding blame on a specific skin color for horrible crimes of humanity in the past.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

1. BET and TV One are NOT black channels because they are owned by Viacom and Radio one, Comcast corporation and DirecTv!

So they're owned by white people? And they've had white people on?

Alright, lets change the name to White Entertainment Television then.

How would you feel about that? Would you think that was racist?

You seem to not be understanding what I am saying. Although I continue to repeat it, it seems you are still having an issue with it. So pay attention.

I don't care if white people are on BET. That means I also don't care if they AREN'T on BET. I don't care if white people own BET or not. My problem is with the NAME of the channel - "BLACK Entertainment Television". Why? Because if there was a "WHITE Entertainment Television", it would be considered racist.

Forget the content. Forget the owners. Forget who has and hasn't been on the channel. Focus on the NAME of the channel. You replace that one word, Black, with another word, White, and although both are the word associated with the two races involved, one is acceptable and the other is not. THAT is my issue with it.

Do you understand? Is it clear now?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

you dont get it dude.. lets say CBS and NBC would come out and say "we only cover White news and entertainment as BET and Tvone is saying they would only cover blacks????? be honest and done tell me thats not racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIke oprah (the biggest anti-white racist person in the world) always talking "us" and "them" as if thst not creating a division but then again that is what she is hoping to achieve. Because BLacks bank on the fact that they were once slaves and the bitching about racism.....if racism stops to exist what will they bitch about??????

And by the way, we are in the process of electing black president, so all the anti-blacks people out there can go fly a nice bright kite")

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

So they're owned by white people? And they've had white people on?

Alright, lets change the name to White Entertainment Television then.

How would you feel about that? Would you think that was racist?

You seem to not be understanding what I am saying. Although I continue to repeat it, it seems you are still having an issue with it. So pay attention.

I don't care if white people are on BET. That means I also don't care if they AREN'T on BET. I don't care if white people own BET or not. My problem is with the NAME of the channel - "BLACK Entertainment Television". Why? Because if there was a "WHITE Entertainment Television", it would be considered racist.

Forget the content. Forget the owners. Forget who has and hasn't been on the channel. Focus on the NAME of the channel. You replace that one word, Black, with another word, White, and although both are the word associated with the two races involved, one is acceptable and the other is not. THAT is my issue with it.

Do you understand? Is it clear now?

Why don't you call up viacom and tell the white people in charge there to change the name! Start a website and create a grass roots movement, but don't be surprised if groups like the klu klux clan support you efforts!

Then call the NFL and demand that the white owner/owners of the washington REDSKINS change the name, because we know that you're just as upset about that too! In fact you should fight that battle 1st since the REDSKINS have been around much longer than BET has!

I'd be the 1st person to support that effort!

Peace!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join