It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by Grand Puba

I'm done debating this with you. Its clear you are not interested in facts and rational discussion. You would rather stick to this 'us against the world' mentality about your race and not open up to any sort of alternative way of thinking.

Have fun thinking the world is against you while you ignore that you are meeting the same fate as the races you are against.

I gave you TONS of info to GOOGLE! You only gave me your personal opinion and not FACTS!

I stated on page 5 that I believe that ALL the races will eventually COME TOGETHER, so drop the "Us against the world" black racist stereotype you're trying to throw on me!

See how quick you threw honest and mature out the window?

See how quick you threw a racist stereotype on me?

See why blacks still need channels like BET and TV One?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
That's a pretty stupid idea, but shouldn't you be upset over the very fact that there is a black channel? No one would get away with having a white channel.

They do all the time. They are called NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MSNBC, and so forth. They may not be "white channels" in name, but they are white dominated and "white-oriented." In the upcoming TV season, there is only one new show that features a minority lead (an animated series) and even then, the character is voiced by a white man.

What about all the black sitcoms the "white networks" have had over the years, starting with Bill Cosby, The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son? I used to watch them all until I realized that the plotlines were all the same - the characters would spend the entire show insulting each other for laughs. Think about it. Oh, and what about ESPN? Plus, there are black commentators on Fox News all the time.

Bottom line is that the claim that the major TV networks are "whites only" networks is clearly bogus.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

You do know that there is ZERO evidence of jews being enslaved in egypt! It's just a story written in a book!

Even if it were true, it was over 4000 years ago! They had plenty of time to recover!

The original "Falasha" jews were black! (Google it)

Blacks are not "american citizens" They are "amended americans" Blacks are 3/5ths of human beings according to the U.S. Constitution!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
That's a pretty stupid idea, but shouldn't you be upset over the very fact that there is a black channel? No one would get away with having a white channel.

They do all the time. They are called NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MSNBC, and so forth. They may not be "white channels" in name, but they are white dominated and "white-oriented." In the upcoming TV season, there is only one new show that features a minority lead (an animated series) and even then, the character is voiced by a white man.

What about all the black sitcoms the "white networks" have had over the years, starting with Bill Cosby, The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son? I used to watch them all until I realized that the plotlines were all the same - the characters would spend the entire show insulting each other for laughs. Think about it. Oh, and what about ESPN? Plus, there are black commentators on Fox News all the time.

Bottom line is that the claim that the major TV networks are "whites only" networks is clearly bogus.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by centurion1211]

The black sitcoms you mentioned we're developed by white people with scripts written by white people!

They were NOT black shows!

BET had white commentators on their news shows before viacom bought BET for 3 billion and then CANCELLED all of those programs in order to keep blacks ill informed!

Talk about a racist conspiracy!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Whites knew blacks would get thirsty, therefore..."Whites only water fountains!"

Whites knew blacks would get hungry, therefore..."Whites only resturants!"

Whites knew blacks after eating and drinking would need a toilet, therefore..."Whites only restrooms"

Whites never expected blacks to have the intelligence to develop a tv station!

If they did, we would have had a White Entertainment Television channel a long azz time ago!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
That's just utterly stupid.

Uh .. no. It is not stupid. It would show that they are a REAL media outlet and not just a biased racist TV channel that caters to self segregation. Besides .. they need to let in some fresh air. Their echo-chamber is ignorant.

you almost act as if the Republican convention will be receiving no coverage at all. .

Now THAT is utterly stupid. No where in my statement did I even say anything close to that.

They can show whatever they choose.

Sure. And the rest of us can call it like we see it.

Originally posted by xmotex
Why the hell would they want to cover the RNC?

They don't 'want to' because they are comfortable in their self induced myopic race-based environment.

Whatever. Let them wallow in their own myopic self-segregating ignorance

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
Whites knew blacks would get thirsty, therefore..."Whites only water fountains!"

Whites knew blacks after eating and drinking would need a toilet, therefore..."Whites only restrooms"

If they did, we would have had a White Entertainment Television channel a long azz time ago!

Peace!

Okay that's going WAYYYY too far on the stereotyping - referring to your sentence "Whites never expected blacks to have the intelligence to develop a tv station!". I'm sure there were some whites who might have thought that way but I'm sure many white people knew that black people were just as intelligent as they were because they are people just as they are with the capacity for rational, intelligent thought. To think that they weren't intelligent would be to think they were savages, which they aren't! Black people have never acted as savages - at least not any more so than the white man has throughout history!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When I first heard this I automatically thought BET. Black Entertainment Television, the cable station that is mandatorily forced down our throats by every Cable company.

Then I heard it was TV1, and thought OK, at least this is a business wanting to make money on its own merits.

Their method may seem racist, but they are looking after their own bottom line, and are not being affirmative actioned into every Cable company offering.

Capitalism all the way!

BTW 15 years ago WGN was removed by my Cable company. Being a huge Chicago Cubs fan, I was furious! No reason, no options, just gone. At least once a year (usually in April right when baseball season is about to start) I call my cable company and offer to trade BET for WGN. They laugh, and say they will make a note of it, but nothing ever happens.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It seems to be that there is some underlying concensus that the Democratic National Convention is somehow strictly a black event, hence the coverage by BET.

The Democratic party is a diversified, multicultural one. Undoubtedly, this will reflect at the convention when viewers will see people from all walks of life.

So all this nonsensical arguing about white television vs. black television is a moot point in regards to this thread.

The same goes for those demanding that Republican convention be given equal coverage on this station, under the conviction of balanced coverage. This argument seems to be that if BET shows a black pollitical event, then they must show a white one as well. This is a twisted line of reasoning as well.

In short, there will be more than just black people represented at the DNC.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just LOL at the whole idea of a 'black channel'

Sometimes I feel like I'd like to start a 'white channel' or 'white club', just to troll these guys, but then I remember I'm trying in my life not to be a massive racist, and two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Grand Puba

Peace!

Okay that's going WAYYYY too far on the stereotyping - referring to your sentence "Whites never expected blacks to have the intelligence to develop a tv station!". I'm sure there were some whites who might have thought that way but I'm sure many white people knew that black people were just as intelligent as they were because they are people just as they are with the capacity for rational, intelligent thought. To think that they weren't intelligent would be to think they were savages, which they aren't! Black people have never acted as savages - at least not any more so than the white man has throughout history!

Some whites have always been cool! That,s not the point!

They were POWERLESS to the racist white MAJORITY!

Just last year the scientist who discovered DNA said that blacks were inferior!

Whites have taught black inferiority (and still do) for centuries!

Why do you think they had seperate resturants, hotels, restrooms, water fountains, ect... In the 1st place?

You didn't just shoot yourself in the foot, you shot your foot clean off!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett
Just LOL at the whole idea of a 'black channel'

Sometimes I feel like I'd like to start a 'white channel' or 'white club', just to troll these guys, but then I remember I'm trying in my life not to be a massive racist, and two wrongs don't make a right.

We already have all white clubs! The presidents of the united states club for one!

Augusta golf club where the masters are played!

The klu klux klan!

Ect...

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

See, this is what I'm talking about. If I said the things you are saying, except reversed and in favor of whites, and with the amount of enthusiasm that you are displaying, I would be a racist.

Thats the double standard I am talking about. And you are so blinded by your disgust for an event that you yourself did not go through that you cannot even see that double standard. You cannot see how there are things blacks can say and do that whites cannot without being labeled a racist.

THAT my friend is a limitation on freedom for WHITES! Not blacks.

And even that sentence right there, claiming that freedom of speech has more limitations for whites than blacks when it comes to racially related discussion, may get me labeled a racist by some people.

Whites are not allowed to be "proud". Whites aren't allowed to speak out in favor of their own race. Whites aren't allowed to assemble and protest for "their people". Whites aren't allowed to discuss "white history" and use the term "white history". Whites aren't allowed to form groups and have spokespeople like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, otherwise those groups are Neo-Nazi groups with racist intentions.

This is what you can't see, because you choose not to see it. You feel black people should be given the world for what they went through, so anything short of that is a disappointment. You always need a little more, right? Nothing is good enough.

What if I said that the slaves were given better lives - food to eat, water to drink, a place to live, clothes to wear - than they would have in Africa? What if I said that I believe many of them probably were willing to come from Africa to this "new world", even if it meant slavery, in hopes of a better life? I would be a racist, wouldn't I? Because we can't even consider or fathom the distinct possibility that slavery wasn't as bad as we thought, and many may have done it willingly. That would kind of destroy your whole argument and cause, wouldn't it?

I'm done now. If I keep going I'll probably get warned or banned. Which would only prove my point further.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I have only a few more things I want to say to you.
So you are white? That is even worse than being black!

Who's racist here? You are.

I have some news for you.....I don't have cable and I watch very little tv so I could care less about those channels.

How dare you bring Rush Limbaugh into this. I listen to him and he's not partial to McCain or Obama. He just tells the truth about BOTH of them.

Personally , I can't stand the sweltering ignorance in you deciding to post all of your garbage on ATS. What makes you think that you alone can sway the public opinion of Obama?
What an EGO!!!

Nothing you can say will make me change my mind about Obama. Got that???

Sorry but I think you do hate white people . Maybe you have some kind of weird complex about white people.

Issues that don't matter?

I think I'm on the right track but you're not!

How dare you tell me how to spend my money!

When I had cable tv I didn't watch those channels because I don't relate to them and I have no reason to. By the way, I love "white" tv.

Oh boy! The Klan??
Why don't you come down here and ask them yourself if they would support the "cause"?

I can't believe the moderators have let you get by wth talking to people like you do.
You should be warned and fined for the ugly way you talk.

The thing that surprises me the most is why on earth have the mods given YOU a debate on ATS.

Go ahead and reply with your nasty attitude .
I have you on ignore now.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
if it bothers you so much - go invest your money in "white TV"

im sure there are a few Klan members in your neighborhood who would support the cause.

Thank you for proving everyone's point. "Black TV" is A-OK! but "White TV" would draw interest from Klan members.

Great logic there, buddy. Great double standard.

By saying that, you have just supported everyone's argument against your own argument, therefore contradicting and destroying your own.

Support for Obama doesn't prevent you from backing down from ignorant statements like that. I fear it is your ego that is doing that.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

See, this is what I'm talking about. If I said the things you are saying, except reversed and in favor of whites, and with the amount of enthusiasm that you are displaying, I would be a racist.

Thats the double standard I am talking about. And you are so blinded by your disgust for an event that you yourself did not go through that you cannot even see that double standard. You cannot see how there are things blacks can say and do that whites cannot without being labeled a racist.

THAT my friend is a limitation on freedom for WHITES! Not blacks.

And even that sentence right there, claiming that freedom of speech has more limitations for whites than blacks when it comes to racially related discussion, may get me labeled a racist by some people.

Whites are not allowed to be "proud". Whites aren't allowed to speak out in favor of their own race. Whites aren't allowed to assemble and protest for "their people". Whites aren't allowed to discuss "white history" and use the term "white history". Whites aren't allowed to form groups and have spokespeople like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, otherwise those groups are Neo-Nazi groups with racist intentions.

This is what you can't see, because you choose not to see it. You feel black people should be given the world for what they went through, so anything short of that is a disappointment. You always need a little more, right? Nothing is good enough.

What if I said that the slaves were given better lives - food to eat, water to drink, a place to live, clothes to wear - than they would have in Africa? What if I said that I believe many of them probably were willing to come from Africa to this "new world", even if it meant slavery, in hopes of a better life? I would be a racist, wouldn't I? Because we can't even consider or fathom the distinct possibility that slavery wasn't as bad as we thought, and many may have done it willingly. That would kind of destroy your whole argument and cause, wouldn't it?

I'm done now. If I keep going I'll probably get warned or banned. Which would only prove my point further.

1. LOL at your "maybe slavery wasn't so bad" remark!

You have never studied the horrors of slavery to make a statement like that or you are reaching waaaaaaaayyy too far out of desperation!

You seem to forget that european slavery of africans and colonization of africans happened simutaniously (sp?)So of course africa is in shambles! Blood diamonds for example!

2. Watch the history channel sometimes and see how much white focused history you see profiled versus black, brown, red and yellow people's history!

3. Whites aren't ALLOWED to be proud? Who's not ALLOWING them? LOL!

4.There is a national association for the advancement of white people! (Google it) maybe you should join!

5. I nor anyone on this thread has called you a racist, but you have called me one!

So, where is this double standard you keep complaining of?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It has to be said that slavery was never, ever, an exclusively white practice.

And that many U.S. states and some European countries (Britain comes to mind) outlawed slavery long before the U.S. Civil War. Just to make sure that we're not doing the silly race = slavery dance.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
if it bothers you so much - go invest your money in "white TV"

im sure there are a few Klan members in your neighborhood who would support the cause.

Thank you for proving everyone's point. "Black TV" is A-OK! but "White TV" would draw interest from Klan members.

Great logic there, buddy. Great double standard.

By saying that, you have just supported everyone's argument against your own argument, therefore contradicting and destroying your own.

Support for Obama doesn't prevent you from backing down from ignorant statements like that. I fear it is your ego that is doing that.

So it's blacks fault that the klan would show interest in an all white tv station?

How is that?

And keep in mind that BET and TV One are NOT all black channels!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Your argument is falling on deaf ears. This is apparently a no logic zone.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join