It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 6
9
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37


And as for arguing with Andrew - forget it, man. I've sparred with him before. It's like arguing with a waffle-iron. If you disagree with him about anything related to Obama you've just been labeled a racist, just like he did to you on page 1.


I especially like this part


Because i've argued with anti-obama more times than you can imagine, and only call a racist when i see one.

Anyone who says "You're suffering from white guilt" will be labeled a racist.

in fact, if you go check out my debate (see signature) i make no mention of race.....


if you check my threads category, you'll find one thread that is about the racial attacks against obama, out of roughly 82 threads in political forums alike.

You'll even find quite a few threads that point out my disagreeances with Obama.

But i wouldnt expect someone like you to be that perceptive.

So check My started threads and then you can, once again, realize you're wrong.




posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The fact that there is a Black Only channel says enough for me.
There is no Yellow, Red, White, Brown, or Speckled only channel is there?

Is that really the name? Is that really the principle? Or are you using slanted phrasology here?

I sincerely don't know, so I ask for public feedback on this.

If an organization starts out bent, why would you expect them to end up anything but twisted?



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
Because there is no PURPOSE for an all white channel!


Just like there is no purpose for an all black channel. That is my point.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
But I feel a need to not let loose of the fact that it wasn't that long ago!


Good. I never said act like it never happened and don't appreciate and consider yourself grateful that you have it better than they did, and thanks to the movements of the 50's, and the sacrifices made then, you do not have to live through what your relatives lived through.

What I am saying is black people need to stop trying to CAPITALIZE on the tragedy of the slavery. Anyone who was not a slave has no right to try to capitalize on it.

REMEMBERING it and CAPITALIZING on it are two different things.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
Like when you here old folks speak of pearl harbour or when we tell our great, great grandkids about 9/11!


People who talk about Pearl Harbor are not trying to capitalize on the event. There are black people who try to capitalize on the slavery. There's a difference.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
3.See people like you (not dissin here) like to go back to 1865


I don't even know what you mean by "like to go back to 1865".


Originally posted by Grand Puba
This thing called government oppression of blacks is far from over man!


We are all being oppressed, man. They don't care what race we are. They want total control and total power over the population. I am just as expendable as you are, and vice versa. They do not favor anyone but themselves.

White, Black, Hispanic, Asian - doesn't matter. Anyone who lives in this country is losing their constitutional liberties and is going to continue to lose them. They use the race card to divide us so we will not unite against them. In all reality, they do not care about race. Power, wealth, greed and control is the only thing they care about.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by Grand Puba
Because there is no PURPOSE for an all white channel!


Just like there is no purpose for an all black channel. That is my point.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
But I feel a need to not let loose of the fact that it wasn't that long ago!


Good. I never said act like it never happened and don't appreciate and consider yourself grateful that you have it better than they did, and thanks to the movements of the 50's, and the sacrifices made then, you do not have to live through what your relatives lived through.

What I am saying is black people need to stop trying to CAPITALIZE on the tragedy of the slavery. Anyone who was not a slave has no right to try to capitalize on it.

REMEMBERING it and CAPITALIZING on it are two different things.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
Like when you here old folks speak of pearl harbour or when we tell our great, great grandkids about 9/11!


People who talk about Pearl Harbor are not trying to capitalize on the event. There are black people who try to capitalize on the slavery. There's a difference.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
3.See people like you (not dissin here) like to go back to 1865


I don't even know what you mean by "like to go back to 1865".


Originally posted by Grand Puba
This thing called government oppression of blacks is far from over man!


We are all being oppressed, man. They don't care what race we are. They want total control and total power over the population. I am just as expendable as you are, and vice versa. They do not favor anyone but themselves.

White, Black, Hispanic, Asian - doesn't matter. Anyone who lives in this country is losing their constitutional liberties and is going to continue to lose them. They use the race card to divide us so we will not unite against them. In all reality, they do not care about race. Power, wealth, greed and control is the only thing they care about.


1. Would you call a channel that has featured harrison ford, shia lebouf, mike myers, george bush sr and barbara bush, bill and hillary clinton, mel gibson, ect... As an "All Black Channel?"

2.How do blacks captalize on slavery? Some solid examples would help!

3.Guess you never saw "Pearl Harbour" the movie huh?

4.You brought up slavery! It ended in 1865! Yet king was murdered in 1968! Schools in america were still being forced to allow blacks to enter them in the mid 1970's!You seem to be promoting the idea that things are all equal and fair! Far from it!

5.I agree with you about the government only because I know what was done to my people! While white people were (and for a large part still are) reeping ALL the benefits that a white racist government afforded them!

Now that the white racist government is slowly turning more and more against the "Lesser" of their own people, white people wanna unite with the blacks that they were spraying high pressure water hoses and sicking vicious dogs on just a few decades ago! And you got the nerve to get upset if blacks don't jump for joy over this half-hearted display of racial unity?

When the chips are down, you wanna be friends, huh?

Didn't russia and america play that game before?

I think all races will be forced to unite, but I believe it will happen when we have a HONEST discussion amongst the plans to establish a country based on true democracy and equality!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grand Puba
 




The civil rights movement was for intergration, not segregation!


I think you misunderstood me, I meant that the Republicans lost the loyalties of black voters when they defended segregation against the efforts of the Civil Rights Movement.

Lincoln's views on race were a mixed bag and have to be viewed in the context of his very backwards era, but he did end slavery, which by itself got a lot of new black voters to join his party - and convinced many avowed racists to become Democrats.

The Democratic Party didn't even bother to seriously try to regain black voters' trust until FDR. And the Republicans made the mistake of supporting segregation in the 50's and 60's, losing their remaining black support.

Since then the far right has consistently played on racial fears to get Republicans elected, even when the candidate is not himself particularly racist - I'm thinking of the Willie Horton ad and George Bush Sr.

Now Bush Sr. was an interesting character, who "flip flopped" on civil rights - changed his position and did the right thing, that is. He was originally opposed to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (a very popular position in his district), but by 1968 he had changed his mind and come out strongly against segregation, paying a big political price for it in fact.

He actually appears to have had a genuine crisis of conscience, which he described in a speech (famous at the time) about his thoughts, as a veteran, on the black WW2 veterans who came home to find themselves treated as second class citizens. It's an interesting speech, I'd like to find it somewhere.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Lincoln's views on race were a mixed bag and have to be viewed in the context of his very backwards era, but he did end slavery, which by itself got a lot of new black voters to join his party - and convinced many avowed racists to become Democrats.

Well, I know it's a bit off topic, but... he really didn't.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Just like there is no purpose for an all black channel. That is my point.!


I disagree, there is purpose in my opinion and mainly because inequality in the media still exists. Sure its changed from the 60's but there is still significant inequlity on the potrayal of blacks in the media. Most of the reason is obvious, whites take up 75% of the US population so more money in the bag for the media; whites are the main audience so instead of pushing for equal potrayal of blacks all the time why not appeal to them only in a channel? It doesnt have to be exclusively black but it should be focused on that demographic, that way we dont have people complaining all the time about whos being potrayed and how unfair it is. Blacks have been in the US since the 1600's and after all that history, well I wouldnt really make a big deal about the one channel.

Let me just say the issue again, why do blacks get their own channel and we dont? Again because the media caters mainly to whites and you dont have to go far to see a channel with 80% whites on it, in addition whites dominate the media globally. There are different circumstances to this matter my friend and I believe most people who already know these facts feel the need to hide their bigoty. You know its like a homophobe, pretend your scared of gays yet at the same time having homosexual feelings.

The republicans never gave a rats ass about blacks for that matter (maybe hispanics to an extent but not too much). There were a number of black and hispanic gaterings held where the candidates had a chance to atleat try and appeal to that democraphics, none of them appeared. Atleast Mike Huckabee said he was embarresed of this. Most blacks prefer democrats over republicans and seeing how the clinton years were great for african americans compared to the Bush or any republican presidential term for that matter and um... such flops as.... hurricane Katrina.. its understandable why blacks wouldnt be interested in the GOP convention, go figure. Hey did you know Reagan and Thatcher referred to Nelson Mandela as a terrorist? Shall I go on? Democrats can be racist but the republicans are more so by a long stretch.


What I am saying is black people need to stop trying to CAPITALIZE on the tragedy of the slavery. Anyone who was not a slave has no right to try to capitalize on it.

REMEMBERING it and CAPITALIZING on it are two different things..!


Oh I agree, I see this plenty of times and its getting old. That being said the concept of 1 channel on cable targeted mostly to blacks isnt hypocritical considering the circumstances.


[People who talk about Pearl Harbor are not trying to capitalize on the event. There are black people who try to capitalize on the slavery. There's a difference.!


I disagree, I believe that there will always be a financial gain in a movie made on history, there will always be people trying to capitalize in these things and its not just restricted to one group of people. Pearl harbour in 2001 grossed $200 million domestic, $450 million world wide considering it cost them $132 million to make, this along with the media hype and promotions through various companies. The movie was verymuch in part for financial gain, I have plenty of other movies I coud give as an example. Its easy for somebody not to play it out that way.


We are all being oppressed, man.!


Yes thats true but to be honest blacks will always be considered bottom of the barrel, well atleast for a long time to come. Its pathetic and disgusting how this still exists but its verymuch so. The hard working middle class white man will suffer but the hard working middle class black man will suffer the most of them all. I dont agree with some of this "affirmative action BS" where good hard working whites have to pay in part but the reality I highlighted above verymuch exists. This why I see no issue with a cable channel targeted to 13% of the US population.


They don't care what race we are. White, Black, Hispanic, Asian - doesn't matter


As states above racism still exists, we see it through this forum (well funnelled down bigorty as I see it), we see it through limbaughs radio shows, we see it through Katrina, we see it through other non-black minorities, racism is still verymuch centered around blacks being bottom of the barrel and it will remain as such, may they be judged for this one day.


Anyone who lives in this country is losing their constitutional liberties and is going to continue to lose them. They use the race card to divide us so we will not unite against them. In all reality, they do not care about race. Power, wealth, greed and control is the only thing they care about.


Blacks have been losing their constitution liberties for centuries now, and this isnt just restricted to the US. Its only in recent times that whites and other minorities have began loosing their constitutional liberties aswell and still at this point blacks are consider bottom of the food chain, it exists verymuch this way.

yes lets unite against the oppressive however some of these "uniters" are hypocrites, take some of these propaganda posts going around this forum, all talk yet they conform to the oppressors. you dont have to like Obama or McCain to unite against any oppressors, you just have to look past the same garbage the oppressors are using to lure you in, however some people prefer to "pretend", ie Ron Paul supporters listening to Limbaugh and fox news, spreading McCain camp smears..... or Obama supporters giving into this excuse of "slavery" to get Obama in. Yes there are plenty of hypocrites and pretenders, get rid of them first before we unite.

You know BET has been around since 1980, what a fitting time to post your "concerns" of the channel, especially in "decision 08", yes everyday there is a non-issue personal related thread, my its just like neocon tactics. Why dont we just stick to the issues instead of giving into this BS the media has got going on, Im refering to both sides.


[edit on 10-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin
 

Andrew, you are forgetting one crucial piece here. This is not about covering someone on the comedy channel, or the next great band. This is about coverage on who will be our next President; not who will be our next black President! To only cover one candidate and one party is biased at best. To elect to cover one party based on skin color is racist.


[edit on 10-7-2008 by paxnatus]



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?


It's acceptable because this is America and private companies are permitted to make business decisions how they see fit. If their market is 99% black, and 91% of blacks vote for Obama, they're probably thinking they'd make more profit filling time with black interest topics rather than the RNC convention.



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
1. Would you call a channel that has featured harrison ford, shia lebouf, mike myers, george bush sr and barbara bush, bill and hillary clinton, mel gibson, ect... As an "All Black Channel?"


"Black Entertainment Television" is what I have a problem with. And really, its not the idea for the channel or even the channel I have a problem with. Its the fact that I know black people would be offended and would call racism if there was a "White Entertainment Television" channel.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
2.How do blacks captalize on slavery? Some solid examples would help!


Look around society.

Its almost racist to even call black "blacks"!

Then there's this Affirmative Action nonsense. Its not necessary. The benefits of Affirmative Action should be EARNED. It should not be based on the color of your skin.

Even in simple things like commercial advertisements. I'm sure you've seen them, where these commercials depict these social occasions where there is a group of friends or something like that and it happens to have one or two of about every race on the planet. Its just not realistic and looks forced and staged as if to please the "minorities".

And that isn't some pro-white statement on my part. I really could care less what races are in commercials because I tune commercials out anyway. But it irritates me how cheesy and corny it looks, and it irritates me more because I know they didn't do it in their own free will. They did it to be politically correct.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
3.Guess you never saw "Pearl Harbour" the movie huh?


I have. Whats your point?


Originally posted by Grand Puba
You seem to be promoting the idea that things are all equal and fair!


Can you point out examples of where that is happening on a wide scale today?

And do you think it is just whites that are racist? Do you think that blacks do not commit hate crimes against whites?


Originally posted by Grand Puba
5.I agree with you about the government only because I know what was done to my people!


It is not just about 'your people'. It is that attitude that is going to continue to divide people and allow our government to take rights away from EVERYONE.

Just get it through your head that they do not care about race. When they make their power grabs, they won't spare any one race. They want to control everyone.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
When the chips are down, you wanna be friends, huh?


Oh, yes, the tough guy attitude is very impressive.

I'm not trying to unite with you on anything. I'm trying to have you use your common sense and see that our government doesn't care what race we are. We are all going to meet the same fate.

So get this egotistical idea that every race is somehow going to come bowing down to the feet of blacks, begging for unity, all you want, but just realize that you are clouding the issue far beyond what is necessary.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
I think all races will be forced to unite, but I believe it will happen when we have a HONEST discussion amongst the plans to establish a country based on true democracy and equality!


Having an honest discussion doesn't mean making statements like "When the chips are down, you wanna be friends, huh?". Its almost as if you're saying "NA NA NA NA NA I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Throw "mature" in with the "honest" discussion.

Only when you are ready to accept the TRUTH that the whole world isn't against you and 'your people', and that this government is against us all, will there be a mature and honest discussion on how to handle it.



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by Grand Puba
 




The civil rights movement was for intergration, not segregation!


I think you misunderstood me, I meant that the Republicans lost the loyalties of black voters when they defended segregation against the efforts of the Civil Rights Movement.

Lincoln's views on race were a mixed bag and have to be viewed in the context of his very backwards era, but he did end slavery, which by itself got a lot of new black voters to join his party - and convinced many avowed racists to become Democrats.

The Democratic Party didn't even bother to seriously try to regain black voters' trust until FDR. And the Republicans made the mistake of supporting segregation in the 50's and 60's, losing their remaining black support.

Since then the far right has consistently played on racial fears to get Republicans elected, even when the candidate is not himself particularly racist - I'm thinking of the Willie Horton ad and George Bush Sr.

Now Bush Sr. was an interesting character, who "flip flopped" on civil rights - changed his position and did the right thing, that is. He was originally opposed to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (a very popular position in his district), but by 1968 he had changed his mind and come out strongly against segregation, paying a big political price for it in fact.

He actually appears to have had a genuine crisis of conscience, which he described in a speech (famous at the time) about his thoughts, as a veteran, on the black WW2 veterans who came home to find themselves treated as second class citizens. It's an interesting speech, I'd like to find it somewhere.


I equate G.bush senior's moment of clarity to larry flint's conversion to christianity!

Good while it lasted, but it didn't last that long!

Then it was business as usual! (Reganomics, iran contra, c.i.a crack in the inner cities, ect...)

Peace!



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by Grand Puba
1. Would you call a channel that has featured harrison ford, shia lebouf, mike myers, george bush sr and barbara bush, bill and hillary clinton, mel gibson, ect... As an "All Black Channel?"


"Black Entertainment Television" is what I have a problem with. And really, its not the idea for the channel or even the channel I have a problem with. Its the fact that I know black people would be offended and would call racism if there was a "White Entertainment Television" channel.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
2.How do blacks captalize on slavery? Some solid examples would help!


Look around society.

Its almost racist to even call black "blacks"!

Then there's this Affirmative Action nonsense. Its not necessary. The benefits of Affirmative Action should be EARNED. It should not be based on the color of your skin.

Even in simple things like commercial advertisements. I'm sure you've seen them, where these commercials depict these social occasions where there is a group of friends or something like that and it happens to have one or two of about every race on the planet. Its just not realistic and looks forced and staged as if to please the "minorities".

And that isn't some pro-white statement on my part. I really could care less what races are in commercials because I tune commercials out anyway. But it irritates me how cheesy and corny it looks, and it irritates me more because I know they didn't do it in their own free will. They did it to be politically correct.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
3.Guess you never saw "Pearl Harbour" the movie huh?


I have. Whats your point?


Originally posted by Grand Puba
You seem to be promoting the idea that things are all equal and fair!


Can you point out examples of where that is happening on a wide scale today?

And do you think it is just whites that are racist? Do you think that blacks do not commit hate crimes against whites?


Originally posted by Grand Puba
5.I agree with you about the government only because I know what was done to my people!


It is not just about 'your people'. It is that attitude that is going to continue to divide people and allow our government to take rights away from EVERYONE.

Just get it through your head that they do not care about race. When they make their power grabs, they won't spare any one race. They want to control everyone.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
When the chips are down, you wanna be friends, huh?


Oh, yes, the tough guy attitude is very impressive.

I'm not trying to unite with you on anything. I'm trying to have you use your common sense and see that our government doesn't care what race we are. We are all going to meet the same fate.

So get this egotistical idea that every race is somehow going to come bowing down to the feet of blacks, begging for unity, all you want, but just realize that you are clouding the issue far beyond what is necessary.


Originally posted by Grand Puba
I think all races will be forced to unite, but I believe it will happen when we have a HONEST discussion amongst the plans to establish a country based on true democracy and equality!


Having an honest discussion doesn't mean making statements like "When the chips are down, you wanna be friends, huh?". Its almost as if you're saying "NA NA NA NA NA I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Throw "mature" in with the "honest" discussion.

Only when you are ready to accept the TRUTH that the whole world isn't against you and 'your people', and that this government is against us all, will there be a mature and honest discussion on how to handle it.


1. They show back people entertaining right? Black entertainment channel! A white entertainment would be overkill! abc, nbc, cbs, fox, ect... are over 90% white people! they didn't call those channels "white" because american means white in a white racist government!

Look at miss america! They didn't call it "white" miss america, but in the miss america handbook it stated that only "white" women could be miss america until it was changed in the 1970's! (Google it)

2.The calling someone black thing is crazy! I'm gonna skip that until you can show proof!
3.Affirmative action was set up for white women! They are the #1 beneficiary of AA! (Google it)

4.When did blacks start controling tv commercials? Skiping this!

5.Skipping the "pearl harbour" movie thing!

6. Check eeoc stats and fbi hate crime stats! Fairness in housing stats, redlining, unfair lending pratices, ect...(Google it) It's late dog!

7.After all these years of oppression, I'd expect some "blowback"(google it) from some segments of the black community!

8.It is "my people" homie! White people by and large didn't give a damn when my mom and my uncles were getting their heads cracked just because the went into a movie theather and didn't go sit in the balcony like blacks were supposed to! This happened to my mother 4 years before I was born! They may want to control "everyone" today, but just a few years ago they only cared about the non-whites! As the jews say "Never Again"

9. No tough guy talk! I mentioned america and russia, but you didn't address that! Blacks have been used in every american war to be cannon fodder! Only to be put back in their place when the smoke cleared! What makes things any different this time? Let's be honest and mature about this!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grand Puba
 


I'm done debating this with you. Its clear you are not interested in facts and rational discussion. You would rather stick to this 'us against the world' mentality about your race and not open up to any sort of alternative way of thinking.

Have fun thinking the world is against you while you ignore that you are meeting the same fate as the races you are against.



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
OP your prejudice admit it, how many 'black' shows are on CBS or ABC. I dont watch either channel but im going to guess 0. They probably dont even have andy black main characters in there shows. Lets face it people of color have been murdered, raped and descrimanated against since the white man has stepped foot in this country.



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Imagine if Foxnews said they would only cover the GOP convention, because they were only interested in white achievement"?

newsbusters.org...-656202


"This is a huge deal for TV One, as it is for the African American community," [CEO Johnathan] Rodgers said of Sen. Barack Obama's impending nomination on the Democratic ticket. "African Americans have fallen in love with Barack Obama's...candidacy....We will be covering the Democratic convention all the time."

When asked why TV One wasn't covering the GOP convention as well, Rodgers said, "We are not a news organization. We are a television network designed to celebrate African American achievement. If Hillary...was the nominee, we would not be covering this year's Democratic convention."



Rodgers noted the FCC's equal-time rule for presidential candidates is only for broadcast networks, not cable:

"And you think that's okay, though?" one critic pressed.

"My audience is 93 percent black. I serve my audience," Rodgers said.


So, how is this not racist? Its a good example of what I've been talking about for years. This idea that we cultivate racial pride and even bigotry in all "people of color". While, we hold down white people and teach them that they cant be proud. I mean, we are actually living in a time where segregation seems to be "diversity". Why do we still have black colleges, black TV channels, black caucuses, black churches, etc.?

Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?



I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word "racism" and "racist".
Surely you know racism only means anti-black. There's no such thing as anti-white/anti-asian/anti-etc racism as far as the world is concerned.

*sarcasm intended


-many people have been victims of slavery, including the Jews who, instead of whinging about it, went on to become the richest people on earth. I'm not downplaying how bad slavery was towards those african people of long ago, I'm just saying get over it so we can all have a better life. I know slavery sucked but without it you wouldnt be an American Citizen - and thats really hard to achieve - even if you're from another 1st world country it's hard to get a green card. So be thankful for goodness sake - Karma has balanced itself.



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Dronetek

Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?


It's acceptable because this is America and private companies are permitted to make business decisions how they see fit. If their market is 99% black, and 91% of blacks vote for Obama, they're probably thinking they'd make more profit filling time with black interest topics rather than the RNC convention.


Yes thanks for that nugget of wisdom but you've missed the point watson.
- If the same thing had to be done in the same manner and the same things said in the same way, with the only exception being instead of black it's white - it would be perceived as exceedingly racist indeed.

look below.

[
"We are not a news organization. We are a television network designed to celebrate White American achievement. If Obama was the nominee, we would not be covering this year's Democratic convention." ]

How would that fly I recon ?

O.o



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think anyone who is not black can see that for people who have long maintained an position as victims of racism and being anti-racist. Having black only media is not only ironically disturbing, it is counterproductive to the integration of that population into the greater community.

Obama will be good for black Americans. There will be no more excuses.
He made it, he dosen't act like a bad choice of stereotype, he is accepted by the rest of the black community.

Many groups of immigrants have come to America and been treated as lesser, and successfully integrated while this single group has not. I come from two of those groups. Irish and Italian. Curiously so does Obama, Irish and black. However his is not from the black population with the inability to integrate. He is of recent black immigrant liniage.
Recent black immigrants do not suffer from inability to integrate.

He does not share the subculture's position of being in opposition to being aculturated.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Cyberbian]



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
OP your prejudice admit it, how many 'black' shows are on CBS or ABC. I dont watch either channel but im going to guess 0. They probably dont even have andy black main characters in there shows. Lets face it people of color have been murdered, raped and descrimanated against since the white man has stepped foot in this country.



Well, I'd say that's a pretty racist point of view. Do you think violence is a white trait, or that only white people have "raped and discriminated"?

You see this is the problem. All the PC crap is turning people in to anti-white racists. They blame white people for EVERYTHING, and than justify it with what they learned in college.


Originally posted by mortalengine

Yes thanks for that nugget of wisdom but you've missed the point watson.
- If the same thing had to be done in the same manner and the same things said in the same way, with the only exception being instead of black it's white - it would be perceived as exceedingly racist indeed.

look below.

[
"We are not a news organization. We are a television network designed to celebrate White American achievement. If Obama was the nominee, we would not be covering this year's Democratic convention." ]

How would that fly I recon ?

O.o


I've brought it up countless times and these folks ignore it. I hate to say it, but there are a lot of real racists in here who don't even realize they are. Anti-white racism is so prevalent these days, that people think its normal!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Dronetek]



posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 

Fox news, in case you didn't know it, primarily reports the news from a white, red state perspective. Normatively, Blacks and Latinos would not in anyway check out fox news. Even the most uneducated or uninformed Black knows that Fox news could care less about the way we view current events! Let me also put it this way, do you think someone who's republican, white and from middle America going to make NPR news or BBC a staple in their news diet? Absolutely not. For Whites to say "we're a White channel!" would be considered rascist because of whites historical context in America. Blacks do not have a historical context when it comes to rascism so therefore, there's no connatations when a black owned media outlet decides to call themselves "Black owned". Unfortunately for Whites, your people have commited atrocites on a large scale so you shouldn't be surprised when people reflexively are suspicious of outlets like fox news. But let's be for real, what I'm saying isn't lost on you, your just trying to browbeat Blacks so you can justify your peoples powerplay on BlackAmerica.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join