It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 4
9
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Let me ask you. Do you consider TBN, "religious TV" or religious music as "exclusionary"? Their programming is comprised entirely of religious people...

Why aren't you speaking out against TBN because of how religiously motivated it is?

Because religion isn't race. Color of your skin has little or nothing to do with how you act, or who you are. Religion is not pre-determined at birth; it is a conscious choice. Religion is a personality trait. Color is not, and can't be changed (really).


Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why aren't you speaking out against MTV because their programming is comprised entirely of young people's music? Isn't that separatist and exclusionary to have a special channel just for young people's music?

Okay, now you're being retarded. Everyone's young at one time, people age. There's no discrimination in targeting an age group for marketing. Do I even have to go into this?




posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
Black chattel slavery ended in 1865!

The fact that you said it ended "over 200" years ago shows that you are very ignorant on the subject that you foolishly rail against!


Ah, yes. 143 years ago. Because that is nowhere near 200, right?

Mind sticking to my main points rather than being picky about minor, insignificant details? Is there a black person that is 143 years old that was personally affected by slavery?

Yeah, thats what I thought.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi
 


What would the important details be?

Maybe you should study the history of blacks in america instead of editing your original posts!

Just a thought!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi
 


You said "over 200" and that shows you're ignorant!

But let's move on...

My great grandmother is alive and well at 102! Her mother was a slave!

Learn more about history before you attack black people unfairly like you are doing now!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
BET's decision to only cover the Democratic convention is based on the fact that it is of overwhelming interest to their demographic audience.


hmmm ... perhaps if they let in a little fresh air and were not biased (ie ... show the republican convention) they wouldn't wonder why non-black people think so many blacks are self-segregating.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


In case you missed it, BET and TV One are NOT black channels!

They are White channels who target a black viewership!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

That's just utterly stupid. It makes no sense whatsoever for BET to show the Republican convention, as it would be of little or no interest to their particular audience. Why in the world would they schedule precious airtime for something their target audience will not watch? It would be a huge lapse in business judgement.

Besides, you almost act as if the Republican convention will be receiving no coverage at all. We all know this is not the case.



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ya its not very equal or fair... But Covering the RNC would be as good for ratings as covering the biloxi racial purity KKK pie off and knot tying contest.
I have never met a black republican,, ever,,, although I have seen a few on TV.
This is a reach!!!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


In case you missed it, BET and TV One are NOT black channels!

They are White channels who target a black viewership!

Peace!

dont know about ONE, but BET is black owned.

findarticles.com...


Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

That's just utterly stupid. It makes no sense whatsoever for BET to show the Republican convention, as it would be of little or no interest to their particular audience. Why in the world would they schedule precious airtime for something their target audience will not watch? It would be a huge lapse in business judgement.

Besides, you almost act as if the Republican convention will be receiving no coverage at all. We all know this is not the case.


Because all black people are democrats right?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Because religion isn't race.


So what? Do you consider TBN, and MTV as "exclusionary"?



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 


Because all black people are democrats right?


BET is an entertainment channel, pure and simple. They can show whatever they choose. If their demographic audience is more inclined to view the DNC, then so be it. It is a privately owned company, and they are within their rights to do so. It's no big deal.

I don't understand why you feel the need for racial baiting. Because that's precisely what you're doing. What are you hoping to accomplish with this line of logic?



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
yall are crazy. Man people insensitive as hell, you seem to have no idea about reality. ya sound so whiny. Ya so everybody experience suffering and challenges in life, but you need to wake up and realize that blacks suffer exponentially more in the past and today. Racism affects blacks exponentially more. yall dont realize uplifting the black race is uplifting the human race. Live and let live and get a life



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 


That article was from 2003!

Bob johnson has sold BET since then! He sold it to viacom!

BET and TV One are WHITE owned!

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
reply to post by Dronetek
 


That article was from 2003!

Bob johnson has sold BET since then! He sold it to viacom!

BET and TV One are WHITE owned!

Peace!


You know I had heard that, but the guy was interviewed 2 days ago on Hardball and it said "BET owner". The guy was definitely black.

EDIT:
Ok, after reading, he did sell to Viacom, but stayed on as president. He just gave up that position to a woman named Debra Lee.



Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by Dronetek
 


Because all black people are democrats right?


BET is an entertainment channel, pure and simple. They can show whatever they choose. If their demographic audience is more inclined to view the DNC, then so be it. It is a privately owned company, and they are within their rights to do so. It's no big deal.

I don't understand why you feel the need for racial baiting. Because that's precisely what you're doing. What are you hoping to accomplish with this line of logic?



Simply pointing out the pathological double standard Americans have created in this country. You are all completely nuts if you think the same could be done on any other network, only focusing on white people.

CMT: "We have decided to show the GOP convention, but not the DNC because we are only interested in white achievements".

If you can play that scenario back in your head and it makes sense, than I don't know what to tell you.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 


These sources are confusing because I just re-checked and what I found was that bob johnson sold BET to viacom for 1.5 billion in 2000!

Sure dude on hardball didn't say previous owner?

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I feel like they have a right to. It's their station and that is that the audience they target. I will also say that despite what is said there are black Americans that are weary of Obama. Maybe this will give them a chance to hear what he is for. Here's an article that I find interesting, especially the part about Dennis Kucinich. check it out.

www.blackagendareport.com...



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Puba
reply to post by Dronetek
 


These sources are confusing because I just re-checked and what I found was that bob johnson sold BET to viacom for 1.5 billion in 2000!

Sure dude on hardball didn't say previous owner?

Peace!


en.wikipedia.org...

Black Entertainment Television

In 1979, he left NCTA to create Black Entertainment Television, the first cable television network aimed at Black Americans. It was launched in January 1980, initially broadcasting for two hours a week.

Eleven years later, BET became the first black-controlled company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. As of 2007, BET reaches more than 65 million U.S. homes[citation needed] and expanded into other BET-related television channels that make up the BET Networks: BETJ, and digital cable channels BET Hip-Hop and BET Gospel.

In 1998, Johnson took the company private, buying back all of its publicly traded stock. In 1999, Viacom bought BET for $3 billion. Johnson's 63% stake made him worth over a billion dollars after taxes, making him the richest black person until surrendering the title to Oprah Winfrey, when then-wife Sheila Johnson claimed much of his billion in divorce. Johnson continued to be the company's chairman and CEO for six years. In 2005, Johnson turned over the titles of President and Chief Operating Officer of BET to Debra L. Lee, a former BET vice president.


So, he sold it but was still in charge of the network.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 


Good work peeps! Now do you still believe after getting a little better history of BET that it is still a racist channel?

Peace!



posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 



Simply pointing out the pathological double standard Americans have created in this country. You are all completely nuts if you think the same could be done on any other network, only focusing on white people.


BET caters to a segmented demographic, just as Sci-Fi, Discovery, Animal Planet, TCM and the History channels do. It's no different.




top topics



 
9
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join