reply to post by Dronetek
First of all, its the democratic party that blocked civil rights legislation. Its the democratic party thats the party of the KKK grand dragon Robert
There are racists in both parties, obviously, but the Republicans are the only party that agressively markets to that demographic of the country
(white racists). There are a number of democrats who pander to black racists, but I don't see how that's relevant to BET's not wanting to air the
Republican debate. 90% of black folks vote Democratic, and modern Republicans have a well-earned and well-groomed reputation as the party of white
racists (I'm a Republican by the way, but not a modern one).
It would be like breaking into the Country Music awards to cover a rap battle going on in the parking garage next door - breaking news style.
If BET wants ratings (and they do), what do you think they're going to do? Hope that 10% of black Republicans tunes in while the other 90% goes to
watch something else? What do you want to bet that most black Republicans don't identify with BET programming as a general rule, and would prefer to
get their coverage of the event someplace else?
It's a friggin' marketing decision, and a fairly obvious one at that. A stupid child or a smart chimp could come to these very same conclusions -
and it's a good thing too, because most network executives ain't brilliant.
Secondly, your spelling of fox gives you away as a mindless shill for the other networks. Doy up REALLY believe they don't put up fake graphics,
horrible tag lines and fake stories? Have you already forgotten the forged documents CBS/Dan Rahter presented as fact?
Don't call me mindless - remember your manners. I won't use my super-dooper mod powers on you, obviously that would be unethical, but that doesn't
change the rules around here. Be civil.
Fox News Corporation went to court to defend their right to lie to the American people, and yes, I really believe they put up fake graphics, horrible
tag lines, and fake stories to an extent unimaginable at other networks.
For the record, I'm not a big Dan fan, and I would rather have one old school Walter than six hundred Dan's, but one Dan is still a thousand times
better than that closet corporophage Tucker Carlson or the he-she Ann Coulter.
Seriously - those are journalists, those are champions for truth and objectivity? Where's my laugh till I puke, then laugh some more, then fall down
because of the slippery floor, then point and laugh even more until I roll over and die emoticon? I seem to have misplaced it...
If you want to talk about anchors with integrity, Fox has none.
Those people aren't even bad journalists - they're an entertainment channel, simple logic states that the two idiots I mentioned are entertainers,
not journalists - in other words they're performing monkeys. Their parent corporation wouldn't want you, its viewer, to confuse the two, right?
That's why they argued in court that they have no journalistic responsibility to report the truth. But the tag line is still "FOX News" - and
that's heinous garbage, that's unconscionable.
I don't like the MSM as a whole, but I like FOX even less (their animated comedies are still good though).
They want the courts to take them for entertainment, and they want their viewers to take them as objective, fair and balanced news. I'm sure I feel
sorry for the people who actually don't understand FOX for what it is (I love the Simpsons as much as anyone, it's almost as funny as the drag queen
playing dress up, powdering her Adam's apple, and telling us all to hate the French because they're too girly).
The quicker you realize that Fox is simply another side of the coin, the quicker you'll stop being one of these mindless anti-fox news lemmings. In
all honesty, Fox is the most UNBIASED at this point in time. All the other networks are shamelessly shilling for Obama.
Oh, you misunderstand, sir. I don't watch CBS or NBC or CNN and take it as gospel - it's all bull#. You had me confused for one of these Red/Blue
ninnies, who just can't tell the difference between two piles of fecal matter spray-painted different colors.
I'm not that guy.
From what I've seen, FOX has been FAR more blatant in their bias, using phony graphics and misleading 'mistakes' to poison their audience. That's
why I chose them for my example.
It also acts as a lightning rod for people pissed off about the way networks work, because FOX viewers are three times more misinformed (read: stupid)
when it comes to the news. What the other networks do, FOX does a lot of, and better, apparently, because their viewers are chronically misinformed
about important world events.
In the end it doesn't matter - if I'm understanding what you're saying, you're making the point that all the networks are liars. True enough.
Sorry if I derailed the thread y'all - my bad. I'm done now.
I think the topic was BET...
[edit on 15-7-2008 by WyrdeOne]