It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black only channel will ONLY cover DNC covention.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Imagine if Foxnews said they would only cover the GOP convention, because they were only interested in white achievement"?

newsbusters.org...-656202

"This is a huge deal for TV One, as it is for the African American community," [CEO Johnathan] Rodgers said of Sen. Barack Obama's impending nomination on the Democratic ticket. "African Americans have fallen in love with Barack Obama's...candidacy....We will be covering the Democratic convention all the time."

When asked why TV One wasn't covering the GOP convention as well, Rodgers said, "We are not a news organization. We are a television network designed to celebrate African American achievement. If Hillary...was the nominee, we would not be covering this year's Democratic convention."

Rodgers noted the FCC's equal-time rule for presidential candidates is only for broadcast networks, not cable:

"And you think that's okay, though?" one critic pressed.

"My audience is 93 percent black. I serve my audience," Rodgers said.

So, how is this not racist? Its a good example of what I've been talking about for years. This idea that we cultivate racial pride and even bigotry in all "people of color". While, we hold down white people and teach them that they cant be proud. I mean, we are actually living in a time where segregation seems to be "diversity". Why do we still have black colleges, black TV channels, black caucuses, black churches, etc.?

Please, explain to me why this is acceptable?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So, how is this not racist?

Forget Rogers, the black vote has ALWAYS swung largely in favor of the DNC, yes, even BEFORE Obama was even known.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Forget Rogers, the black vote has ALWAYS swung largely in favor of the DNC, yes, even BEFORE Obama was even known.

What are you saying. That you would not have a problem with Foxnews saying "We aren't covering the DNC, because we are only interested in white achievement"?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
What are you saying. That you would not have a problem with Foxnews saying "We aren't covering the DNC, because we are only interested in white achievement"?

Of course not. Only white people can be racists, everyone knows that!

Seriously though, a television station would never be able to get off the ground if it meant to cater to a specifically white audience.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah it's pretty stupid. I hope that some day soon we'll be able to customize our bodies to the extent that no one would know whether you were born black or white. All this racial pride stuff is pointless and only slows our evolutionary progress as a whole. It breeds conflict and separateness when we should be seeking unity.

Individuality is great and all, but this is taking it too far.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Imagine if Foxnews said they would only cover the GOP convention, because they were only interested in white achievement"?

Oh that would be an interesting response .. wouldn't it?

So I guess these idiots want to stay wallowing in a pool of their own filth and of their own making. Self segregation.
They have blinders on. Whatever ... it's their loss and they (not whitey) are keeping themselves ignorant.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That's a pretty stupid idea, but shouldn't you be upset over the very fact that there is a black channel? No one would get away with having a white channel.

At the same time, it's a free market and private companies can do whatever they want within the boundaries of the law.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
People, just chill already. I have a problem with reverse sergregation and racism like other people, but realistically, FOX or CNN do not run huge shows of some libertarian movement convention. It's entirely up to them, as a private entity, to show what they deem right based on ratings and such.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No one would get away with having a white channel.

Well, most channels are sort of quite white without beign labeled such.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ahhhh!!! I seen this late last night, and i knew someone else woudl come here and post it.

Thank you Dron, for showing us your ignorance once again.

I'd like to point out a few quotes from the man who runs this network

by the way - lets use a source that doesnt leave out everything that was said to fit their agenda (like every single source used by the OP thus far)

Source

We wouldn't be doing anything this year if Obama weren't the nominee," TV One president Jonathan Rodgers said. "TV One was created to give African-Americans choice, and this is what our viewers are interested in. This is an historic event for all Americans, but especially for African-Americans. We feel it is not only our obligation, but our privilege."

Case dismissed

You wear your bigotry on your sleeve if you leave out the entire story to try and manipulate it to make "non white people" look bad.

shame shame

:shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

No one would get away with having a white channel.

Well, most channels are sort of quite white without beign labeled such.

I'm so sick of hearing this excuse. "There is no white only channel, but they are white only, am i rite?"

No, you aren't. There is no channel that focuses on white people, focuses on white only achievement or will only report on a white president.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Ahhhh!!! I seen this late last night, and i knew someone else woudl come here and post it.

Thank you Dron, for showing us your ignorance once again.

I'd like to point out a few quotes from the man who runs this network

by the way - lets use a source that doesnt leave out everything that was said to fit their agenda (like every single source used by the OP thus far)

Source

We wouldn't be doing anything this year if Obama weren't the nominee," TV One president Jonathan Rodgers said. "TV One was created to give African-Americans choice, and this is what our viewers are interested in. This is an historic event for all Americans, but especially for African-Americans. We feel it is not only our obligation, but our privilege."

Case dismissed

You wear your bigotry on your sleeve if you leave out the entire story to try and manipulate it to make "non white people" look bad.

shame shame

Wait, let me get this straight. Im a bigot for quoting the One channel owner as saying "and this is what our viewers are interested in". You don't see anything bigoted about only being interested in your race? I'm sorry, but youre nuts and an exmaple of whats going wrong in our society.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

No, you aren't. There is no channel that focuses on white people, focuses on white only achievement or will only report on a white president.

You shot yourself in the foot here. There has never been a black president to date, therefore EVERY channel would only report on a WHITE president
Ergo, your argument is null and void.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

No, i dont

i see something bigoted about you being so pissed off that they're interested in Obama for running for POTUS, since he's the first ever democratic candidate, and he happens to be black

if it doesnt effect you, and you dont watch the TV network

why the hell are you so angry about it?

The only reason i can derive, is that you hate black people, and dont want them to have their fair share of the airwaves.

'just my opinion, since you ask. So stop claiming im trying to derail your other threads

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You shot yourself in the foot here. There has never been a black president to date, therefore EVERY channel would only report on a WHITE president
Ergo, your argument is null and void.

Shoe me where their coverage was dependent on skin color.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No, i dont

i see something bigoted about you being so pissed off that they're interested in Obama for running for POTUS, since he's the first ever democratic candidate, and he happens to be black

if it doesnt effect you, and you dont watch the TV network

why the hell are you so angry about it?

The only reason i can derive, is that you hate black people, and dont want them to have their fair share of the airwaves.

'just my opinion, since you ask. So stop claiming im trying to derail your other threads

How in the world do you come to that conclusion? I'm all for everyone getting equal time no matter what their skin color is. Thats why this gets on my nerves.

You're the one that is defending coverage based on skin color and your calling me racist. Amazing how people like you have deluded yourselves so thoroughly.

I don't hate black people at all either. In fact, I've always had great respect for any human being who is willing to fight and die for their country. Especially ones who were once the slaves of that country. [snip]

Mod Edit - removed insult.

Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 9-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So if its not a big deal to you, then why make it such a big deal?

There is BET and TV ONE that cover African American issues.

What do you have on CBS?

Dave Letterman - white guy
Citcoms comprised of white people

white white white white white white white

and you're complaining about TWO black channels?
Let me guess - you believe MLK day shouldnt exist either, like your dark-lord McCain?

Here's a tip

If you dont like the network

Change the channel

Do you get angry at MTV when they don't play classical Beethoven?

No.

Why?

Because MTV's audience doesnt want to listen to it.

Same thing.

Its about ratings and making money. IM sorry you think its about race

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The answer to your question is in your very post. TV One is NOT a news channel, so the comparison to FOX NEWS is not accurate. They also said, that if Hillary was the nominee, they would not be covering the convention.

It's a black TV channel. What's wrong with them covering the achievement of a black man? They do that all the time.

Would you expect MTV to cover the Country Music Awards?

They air the programming that their viewers want to see.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
That's a pretty stupid idea, but shouldn't you be upset over the very fact that there is a black channel? No one would get away with having a white channel.

They do all the time. They are called NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MSNBC, and so forth. They may not be "white channels" in name, but they are white dominated and "white-oriented." In the upcoming TV season, there is only one new show that features a minority lead (an animated series) and even then, the character is voiced by a white man.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So if its not a big deal to you, then why make it such a big deal?

There is BET and TV ONE that cover African American issues.

What do you have on CBS?

Dave Letterman - white guy
Citcoms comprised of white people

white white white white white white white

and you're complaining about TWO black channels?
Let me guess - you believe MLK day shouldnt exist either, like your dark-lord McCain?

Here's a tip

If you dont like the network

Change the channel

Do you get angry at MTV when they don't play classical Beethoven?

No.

Why?

Because MTV's audience doesnt want to listen to it.

Same thing.

Its about ratings and making money. IM sorry you think its about race

None of the channels you list are exclusive white, or claim to be white channels. All of those channels include people of all races, because they are centered on the skin color of the people appearing on it. Your argument is invalid.

either we want an inclusive non-segregated society, or we want to break everyone up in to groups based on skin color. You seem to support the latter.

They also said, that if Hillary was the nominee, they would not be covering the convention.

You think this helps your argument?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join