It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time "distortions": a proposal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I see there has been a lot of talk about perceived time "rifts" or "distortions" in the past few days. (Based on my personal experience, can't say I am surprised.)

Here's what I propose to do:

Think and feel as intensely as you can the good things you'd like to "manifest".

Harness this apparent fluidity of time to "manifest" the timeline that you really want to inhabit. It may be a unique opportunity.

Worst case scenario: it won't work.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh, and by the way: if you happen to live - or just find yourself - near a water source, be extra careful with your thoughts.
I've heard that water sources can work as "amplifiers" for intentions.

I don't know whether it's true, but it can't hurt to know.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Interesting. Where´d you hear/read that?

I knew there´s a reason I meditate near water.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've never heard about the water thing. Ive lived a block from the Pacific ocean for like 7 years now. I'm usually a pretty negative thinker. I wonder if that's why my life is so crappy? Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The first time I heard it was in South America, many years ago. Apparently, it was "common knowledge".

I also read about it recently, but I can't remember where it was. I seem to remember the discussion had something to do with "ley-lines" (I hope that's the right spelling). If I find it, I'll post it here.

And while I meant water springs (sometimes my vocabulary gets a bit mixed up, sorry
), I think the ocean could have such an effect besides the relaxing visual, olfactory and neurological influences it exerts.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by karata
I've never heard about the water thing. Ive lived a block from the Pacific ocean for like 7 years now. I'm usually a pretty negative thinker. I wonder if that's why my life is so crappy? Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny.

I think it's a real possibility.

But now you know better... and that's good news.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Oh, and by the way: if you happen to live - or just find yourself - near a water source, be extra careful with your thoughts.

Funny you mention that... often times when I drink a glass of water, I'll project positive intentions into it before ingesting. Sounds crazy lol... but it's just something I felt like doing one day and I continue to do it even now.

Oh and I have been having fun with LOA lately and observing as the world changes. Things would change faster if everyone wanted it to and if they had more hope instead of letting despair creep in.

Take responsibility for your existence!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

That's a very commendable practice.

And I agree: if anything, NOW is the time to make (good) changes happen, both individually and globally.
That's the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'll be bumping this thread every time I see a thread on the main page saying "we all going to die tomorrow!!!", "billions will die next month!!!", "we're doomed!!!!"... you get it.

You have been warned.

PS. This is not a "positive thinking" thingy.
It is a very real, and possibly unique, opportunity in time.
Ignore it at your own risk.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Think and feel as intensely as you can the good things you'd like to "manifest".

Harness this apparent fluidity of time to "manifest" the timeline that you really want to inhabit. It may be a unique opportunity.[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

What a loving a sweet thought, just wanted to lend my support.

All the best in higher light, J.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by antar]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you, Antar. We do need support.

Are you going to help me bump it?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

So... is that a NO?
OK, I'll do it myself.
It's worth it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Thinker
Current mood: Non-Existant

Reality…time. What was I running away from, a past I knew I had to play out. I knew everything had to be done perfectly for me to finally understand the riddle of sleep. If you knew you whole life has been nothing but a dream with you at center stage. How could you free yourself how can you free your mind. I knew things…ideas mostly gathering round my mind. Then a thought…how do you save a soul…how do you trap a soul? What is saving…I knew of states…off and on. Light and Dark, the known…and the known unknown. Where was the soul then…where is the soul? I knew then that we existed somewhere in between…in a nonexistent place…somewhere within the half-light of the universe…somewhere where reality and fantasy intermingles to create the cosmic dance of destruction and creation. I suppose only in dreams can one imagine these things and see them play out before you. I knew I was living in a dream, too many good things happening to me. I could have lived the rest of my life in comfort and have had everything handed to me. But these are just dreams, to make dreams happen you must first live in the real world. You have to be awake, wide-awake and aware. But to awaken…I must suppose from my own experience…you have to risk everything. You have to risk everything…everything…yesterday…today…and all of your tomorrows. I never feared death, never have and never will. I was an astronaut…far away sleeping a silent sleep…and at least my mind…at least my mind would be free. I knew of the “pathways” that they had to exist, if mankind goes forward with the technology, they will not invent…but converge upon an ancient technology left behind by another race. The human mind is complex…more complex than…well they will eventually decipher the “NETWORK” and realize that they are part of something grander than even they could ever imagine. Those humans who have broken through will become the first to understand what it means to live…live for real. And I think im beginning to understand. I altered my path, took chance tears and bend…if what I know to be true turns out to be true in time. Oh…the stars shine so bright for those who can see the beyond…the “SYSTEM” in which this is all connected…it is madness…it is insanity…There is a light at the end of the tunnel…it feels…nice. Someday…hundreds of years after this incarnation has died…I will wake up from my cold sleep chamber…and wonder…and know who I was in that dream world…that I had live and died by my own will. Even then I would have found my writing …true…from archives from long ago. I will watch out into world far away and distant…and I will be who I am now…now and then…here and after…I smile when I think of this…to have closed the door to one world…a very small world…a closed world…and opened the next…and walked through. Strange now are the constant days…I relish each day…and with this new found…no…reawakened sense of awareness I always knew I had but never used…where there is a will there is a way…I know now what those words mean.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki Maitreya

I take it that's from your diary...?

Very interesting.

Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I see there has been a lot of talk about perceived time "rifts" or "distortions" in the past few days. (Based on my personal experience, can't say I am surprised.)

Here's what I propose to do:

Harness this apparent fluidity of time to "manifest" the timeline that you really want to inhabit. It may be a unique opportunity.

Worst case scenario: it won't work.

hi Vanitas,
might be slightly off topic but regarding ley lines i was recently walking in my local park feeding the squirrels,when i got an electric shock through my boot as i stepped on a root inbedded into the ground,i have moulded hard soles on the bottom like an electrician would use screwdrivers with plastic handles to prevent getting an electric shock,yet it has happend now twice on 2 seperate occasions at the same spot,i know like attracts like,and that we are electro magnetic anyway but do ley lines produce electric currents through the ground?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam cat

Wow, that's interesting.

I am not an expert on "ley lines" or anything like that, but I can easily imagine that water, being such a powerful conductor as it is, would show an observable reaction to the electricity generated by living beings (not just humans, trees too), if the circumstances were right.

Apparently, they were.

I think it would be a good idea to have the spot examined, to see whether there are other concomitant factors involved (old coins, metal scraps etc. buried in the ground).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Good thread, Vanitas. Just remember, people, that something you wish to manifest that you initially think would be good, may turn out to be rather bad. Start small and be careful, or you could end up like Leuitenant Wharf when he won that tournament but somehow ended up in a timeline where he didn't...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Eh... I am constitutionally unable to think small.

Seriously, though, I understand what you're saying, of course.
And I absolutely agree that people should be extra careful with their wishes- because very often they DO come true, regardless of how outrageous the mere thought of them might sound to others (or even to themselves).

On the other hand, I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the people (like yourself) who have serious interest in this thread and actually understand that it is not meant as a "let's think positive" pick-me-up to offset the negative thinking on the site by words and "affirmations" alone, already have done the Work (on themselves) needed to be totally permeated by a wish - or a complex of wishes.

Agh - I am getting way too long-winded here...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Cadbury

How do you mean?

On the other hand, I am assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the people (like yourself) who have serious interest in this thread and actually understand that it is not meant as a "let's think positive" pick-me-up to offset the negative thinking on the site by words and "affirmations" alone, already have done the Work (on themselves) needed to be totally permeated by a wish - or a complex of wishes.

I've dabbled, and have ridden in the absurd "Time Helicopter" once or twice, if that's what you mean. But I don't trust my erratic and zapped mind with it. As much goes "wrong" as it does "right." That's why I was warning people to not take this thread as lightly as it sounds.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

How do you mean?

This -
- is how I mean it. :-)

(OK, I could go into more detail and in a more serious vein, but that would entail details of my personal life and upbringing that really wouldn't be of much interest to anyone.)

I've dabbled, and have ridden in the absurd "Time Helicopter" once or twice, if that's what you mean. But I don't trust my erratic and zapped mind with it. As much goes "wrong" as it does "right." That's why I was warning people to not take this thread as lightly as it sounds.

The "Time Helicopter"?! That's what it's called?

If you're up to it, I'd LOVE to hear more about your experience in said chopper.
But I understand if you'd rather not discuss it. And I only wish more people were aware of the pitfalls of one's "erratic" and "zapped" mind. Indeed, just because something strikes us as "odd", it doesn't necessarily means that it is coming from a realm out of the "ordinary". And even if ti does, the dangers are great - the greater said "zapped" mind, the greater the danger.

And thank you for pointing out, once again, that this is not fluff.
I understand, and certainly don't hold it against anyone, if it appears to be no more than the usual "positive affirmations" stuff - after all, that's what people are used to seeing on the web and in books.
But it's NOT.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join