It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Recent Posts" section anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Sure I've been around for many years but I'm still entitled to a question or two right?

I have a habit of going to the "recent posts" tab many times per day to see what's getting discussed. Often times I come across a thread I've done a great deal of reading or contributing to.

I will generally be interested in the most recent post so I place my cursor in the far right column on the "recent post" page entitled "last post".

The two options available in this column are:

1. click on the date/time stamp and member name and you are brought to the latest post on that thread.

2. click on the small greenish square and open a new window and still be brought to the latest post.

All is well with both options and I use them regularly.

Now a few weeks ago along comes the new poster, "Anonymous ATS".

If you use the two options I mentioned above to get to the latest post and it happens to be posted by "Anonymous ATS" you will not go to the latest post. Instead you just go to the start of the latest page.

The hardest thing to understand is when using this method the "Anonymous ATS" post never shows up at all.

You can go to the recent posts tab and try this for yourself.

Just wondering if this glitch has been mentioned or noticed since the inception of the Anonymous ATS postings.

Thanks,

Becker

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anonymous posts must be mod approved before being released to the thread. However technically speaking hey are still in the thread so if you see the thread contents from another perspective (like via the most recent post area there) you see the existence of the anon post.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Anon posts must be approved before they can be seen, thereĀ“s no glitch.

This issue is already discussed on various other threads.

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion Anonymous Posting on ATS.

Good luck.

Thread closed.

join