It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA: Illegals are costing the county $1 billion/year to provide benefits for (such as welfare).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
www.hometownstation.com...

Antonovich says the costs are creating a “devastating impact” on the County.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los AngelesCounty collected over $36 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in May 2008. These findings were announced by Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance for May 2008 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million.

Is it just more does that seem that the illegal problem has started to way get out of hand? You would think this when ONE county is spending $1 billion for welfare and benefits for illegals, something has to be wrong. They need to crack down on the whole process or something. Showing a simple Social Security card or ID to be eligible for welfare should be mandatory.

This is affecting each and every LEGAL person in that county. I am sure there will be lots of people to argue about this topic, however there seriously needs to be something done.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by ragnarak]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
since big business wants illegal aliens for cheap, controlable, labor...you'll just have to get used to more and more of them. no solutions, move along now

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Showing a simple Social Security card or ID to be eligible for welfare should be mandatory.

I was an illegal alien for 25 years and had a social security card, driver's licence and voter's registartion. Social Security card and driver's licence were easily obtained using all my true information, including my place of birth. No one ever questioned me.

The voter's registartion I got in a patriotic fit at 18 - All I had to do was send in this card which asked me some VERY basic details and my POB - I lied and said I was born in North Carolina.

I was never on welfare though I did get a Pell Grant which paid for two years of college.

I worked full time for most of my adult life always paying my taxes and trying to be a good and responsible citizen.

Anyway, having ID and a ss card mean nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragnarak
www.hometownstation.com...

Antonovich says the costs are creating a “devastating impact” on the County.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los AngelesCounty collected over $36 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in May 2008. These findings were announced by Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance for May 2008 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million.

Is it just more does that seem that the illegal problem has started to way get out of hand? You would think this when ONE county is spending $1 billion for welfare and benefits for illegals, something has to be wrong. They need to crack down on the whole process or something. Showing a simple Social Security card or ID to be eligible for welfare should be mandatory.

This is affecting each and every LEGAL person in that county. I am sure there will be lots of people to argue about this topic, however there seriously needs to be something done.

So i take it the other 75 % of the all welfare and food stamps is going to the white t***h/african american????
[edit on 9-7-2008 by ragnarak]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by plug_pray]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We just need to dissolve the norther and southern border and be done with it. I want some cheap land in Mexico. When is this NAU coming anyway? Does it have to be so painfully slow?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Nah its not that its getting out of hand. Its just that its being reported more by entertainment TV, like CNN, FOX, NBC, and the internet aswell. This has always been this way its just that scaring people makes money. I doubt that anyone with a cable line is being affected so terribly that they have to want to start a "Kick illegals out" movement. I also doubt that anyone with a cable line and internet access, or their own tv show, like Mr. Dobbs, cares so much about a total stranger that he is so angry at illegals for being here. Nah, this is just whats in "style" right now... much like the Y2K scare. I still have bottled water and military food stocked. The truth is, even if the situation was so bad that legal Americans could not find a job because of illegals, people would still find a way to survive. This is just my opinion based on what I see in my environment of course.

They should however make it so its harder for everyone to get foodstamps and welfare. Lets face it, there is lots of people, illegal, white, black, asian, and all other races, who get this help and really dont need it. My next door neighbors shure as hell dont need them and they get them.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Actually a lot of people are getting angry. If you have been to the ER recently and got the insane bill because we have to pay for illegals using the ER like a doctors visit, you are angry. Because the hospitals have to pass the bills to someone, and it is the insurance companies and those who can pay.

If you had to wait 7 hours(no lie) because half the room was filled with illegals using the ER like a doctors appointment, then you are angry. When the announcement is made that it was a 7 hour wait, most of the Hispanics got up and left.

I work with the people who work in the WIC/welfare offices ona daily basis, and they are ALL angry. It doesn't matter sex/race/birth of origin, they are ALL angry because day in and day out they are swamped with illegals working the system.

Not only do the illegals come in and get their checks in nice Gap clothing and leave in SUVs, their children in brand new nice strollers,they insult the very Americans on the way out, who just paid their checks, I know, because I have seen it a hundred times, oh lets not forget the crappy attitude towards the workers(and despite the anger, the clients still get treated with respect, but it is not reciprocated.) Next time you pass a local watering whole where all the local Hispanics meet, try to find a bad looking car in the lot, you might find ONE.
The fact is they know what they are doing and they are doing a good job at working the system.

Oh, and lets not forget the clients who suddenly forget to speak English, because they see a Hispanic worker in the back and only want to deal with them.

Here is a little fact most people should know:

the cost for a medical interpreter(they have to use special medical interpreters) is 150$/hour.

no, that is not a typo, I am thinking of changing careers.

so next time you pay taxes, remember, some of that is going to pay a medical interperter 150$/hour for an illegal alien.

Is this every illegal across the board? no.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You hit the nail on the head jimmyx!

We can't have it both ways. If we are going to look the other way because undocumented workers are providing cheap labor for us, then we need to take care of them as well. Living here in So Cal I find that much of the service work is provided by Hispanic laborers, many of whom I am sure are here illegally.

I am in the Workers' Compensation industry and about 95% of our claims are from undocumented workers. Employers scream that they should not be entitled to collect benefits when they are injured, yet they are the ones knowingly breaking the law by hiring these people. The law states they are entitled to these benefits and I agree they should be.

So we can either kick them all out and see what havoc that wreaks on the economy, or treat them as we do our own citizens (ha! not always a good thing :barf
by looking out for their welfare.

new topics

top topics

join