It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry leads Bush in new polls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Woo Hoo!
Presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry leads President Bush in the latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, although the race appears to be fluid and remains close. The poll, released Monday, found that among likely voters, Kerry was the choice of 52 percent and Bush 44 percent in a two-way matchup, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. In a three-way race with Independent candidate Ralph Nader, Kerry had 50 percent, Bush 44 percent and Nader 2 percent.

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First off, polls amount to CRAP!
Secondly, wouldn't you agree it depends on what poll and to whom it is with?

"NPR Poll: Likely Voters Focused Keenly on Election"
www.npr.org...

Excerpt:

"The poll also revealed an electorate almost evenly divided between President Bush and his presumed Democratic opponent, Sen. John Kerry. At 53 percent, Bush's approval rating remains healthy. But when asked whom they'd vote for today, 47 percent of likely voters chose Bush, while 45 percent picked Kerry -- a virtual tie."

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Heres a link since I cant get it to work in my original post
Kerry Leads Bush

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Trying to pick a side between Kerry and Bush in the next elections is like voting for Dumb or Dumber. I wouldn't vote for Kerry and much less Bush. But I fear people will just vote for Kerry just to get Bush out of office.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I guess you intended to NOT quote this from your article?

"But most voters think president will be re-elected"

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I dont think thats funny. Thats just sad. :shk:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I guess you forgot to include the full poll (pdf document) from your article, where it shows how Bush's approval ratings are at an all time low, and that it seems they will continue to go down. The actual vote percentages (45 and 47 respectively) for kerry and bush, are within their projected margin of error...meaning kerry could be ahead of bush, vice versa. Anyway, it is pointless to look at an abstract of 992 people and determine what the election will bring.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

seekerof

Wow, I need to see someone about my A.D.D

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I dont think thats funny. Thats just sad. :shk:

Your right, my apologies, this is what is funny after reading what you intially mentioned in this thread:

"Trying to pick a side between Kerry and Bush in the next elections is like voting for Dumb or Dumber. I wouldn't vote for Kerry and much less Bush. But I fear people will just vote for Kerry just to get Bush out of office." :shk:

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

I guess you forgot to include the full poll (pdf document) from your article, where it shows how Bush's approval ratings are at an all time low, and that it seems they will continue to go down. The actual vote percentages (45 and 47 respectively) for kerry and bush, are within their projected margin of error...meaning kerry could be ahead of bush, vice versa. Anyway, it is pointless to look at an abstract of 992 people and determine what the election will bring.

Perhpas you didn't read or simply ignored my initial first words in this Shoktek?!?

"First off, polls amount to CRAP!"

How about the second thing I mentioned?!?

"Secondly, wouldn't you agree it depends on what poll and to whom it is with?"

:shk:

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Your right, my apologies, this is what is funny after reading what you intially mentioned in this thread:

"Trying to pick a side between Kerry and Bush in the next elections is like voting for Dumb or Dumber. I wouldn't vote for Kerry and much less Bush. But I fear people will just vote for Kerry just to get Bush out of office." :shk:

What exactly do you find funny with that. Oh so you're like some people who seem to think Kerry is here to save America? I think both of them suck. Its not a dem or a repub issue... its just how I see it from studying both candidates.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Perhpas you didn't read or simply ignored my initial first words in this Shoktek?!?

"First off, polls amount to CRAP!"

How about the second thing I mentioned?!?

"Secondly, wouldn't you agree it depends on what poll and to whom it is with?"

Yet, you still posted a poll, and you still called him out on parts of his...so I called you out on yours. It goes both ways..and seems that you only read what you "want" to read.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I think both of them suck. Its not a dem or a repub issue... its just how I see it from studying both candidates.

I think they both suck too. To tell the truth I wanted Dean to pull through just because I didn't like any of them very much.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
I think they both suck too. To tell the truth I wanted Dean to pull through just because I didn't like any of them very much.

Yep...I won't be voting for one of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88

The Choice between Bush and Kerry is not really a choice in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Who would be the best choice then....in your honest opinions....promise I won't bash.

Scouts honor.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Who would be the best choice then....in your honest opinions....promise I won't bash.

Scouts honor.

I really could give less than a crap if you want to bash or not. And frankly I dont trust any politician. You have to be a natural born liar to be a politician... that makes them untrustworthy from the start.

EDIT: I shouldn't say all politicians.... but most of them are.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hitlery, McCain, Dean, Gore....any of those?
If you trust "no" politician...I assume that you will never vote? If you never vote, then how can you complain? Are you and others justified in complaining and bashing a president, whomever he is, when you never voted for a president period?

seekerof

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Hitlery, McCain, Dean, Gore....any of those?
If you trust "no" politician...I assume that you will never vote? If you never vote, then how can you complain? Are you and others justified in complaining and bashing a president, whomever he is, when you never voted for a president period?

I wouldn't vote for any of the ones you mentioned above. And you really got things twisted. In my opinion the ones who have no right to complain are the ones who voted the assholes into office in the first place. And second. If you must know, of all the candidates this year the one I found to be the best of them was John Edwards. Which isnt saying much since thats like saying he was the least bad of all of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thank you Ocelot, for the reply.
Don't get frustrated or upset but I am still failing to grasp the concept of mistrust you hold for any politician?
Will you ever vote?
And if you ever do, and your candidate doesn't meet your level of expectations, will you eventually fall back on the "I don't and didn't trust him or any politicians?

You like Edwards out of all the viable candidates and yet still exhibits desdain or mistrust for politicians in general? Then if thats so, why would anyone that feels that way want to ever vote or/and then wish to have a say on matters pertaining to such?

regards
seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join