It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise behind me in bed last night?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm a little shaken up and exhausted at the moment so please excuse me if I'm rambling a bit but something happened last night, nothing major or really horrifying but it really shook me up.

I've had strange things happen to me al of my life but hardly ever talk about them or even think about it as it always seemed to me that dwelling on it would somehow give whatever it was more power/stronger if that makes sense?

Well I'm 41 now and after a lull of around 15 years little things started happening again. Just things that I have convinced myself that are all in my head, like waking up in the night convinced that there is something in my room, being touched on my shoulder whilst downstairs on my puter alone in the dark in the early hours (boy did that make me jump!). And last night whilst laid in bed struggling to get off to sleep there was the wierdest sound right behind me, so close I actually felt it on my upper back. It sounds really ridiculous but it was almost like when someone squeezes the air out of a balloon, quite loud yet my OH who sleeps like a rock didn't hear a thing and was quite annoyed at me for waking him up quaking like a baby.

Afterwards I could smell a strange scorching smell which seemed to get worse for maybe 30 minutes or more, I was getting quite worried about the smell and woke up my OH again reaching across the bed checking my plugs were all in the extension properly.

This morning I feel quite silly about it but still quite unnerved, does anyone have any possible explanations or should I go and see my doctor?

Maybe I should also add that I had a very disturbed and unhappy childhood leading into a very unhappy abusive marriage and young adulthood. Looking back I think things quietened down when I divorced and found a much happier life for myself. The last couple of years though have been very stressed due to ill health and financial problems so maybe that's why things have started happening again?

Epona

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Actaully I'm glad you posted as something weird happened to me last night too.I was lying in bed when suddenly someone grabbed my the bottom of my legs really firmly.It was a very tactile sensation .I felt dead scared for two seconds and drew my knees up too my waist .It was wierd.I can sympathise

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I keep hearing strange noises at night too, and i keep thinking it's either seagulls or some sort of strange contraption that someone is playing with.

It sounds too quiet and short to be a seagull - it kinda reminds me of the noise guinea pigs make only a lot less annoying.

Strange thing is, i get that old "Right-side Brain illusion" thing right before it happens everytime.

Scarily, last night this happened again, and the noise picked up straight away after i projected my awareness to outside my house (for some reason, i seem to be able use animals as a sort of 'node' - i read their minds*, essentially, and something was scaring the *snip* out of the morning birds, which would've been apparent regardless of whether or not i figured out that little trick by the noise they were making), and the more i focused on the mental image being projected by the animals around the thing making the noise, the further it went away.

I could tell it was moving away from me because the noise it was making was getting quieter, also the birdies were calming down.

Regardless, i kept wide awake for about 30 minutes while trying to figure out what in the name of hell was making that noise.

*Specifically, the more panicked an animal is, the brighter it's mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Strange thing is, i get that old "Right-side Brain illusion" thing right before it happens everytime.

Right-side Brain illusion? Explain?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There was a thread recently right here on ATS about the possibility that the right hand side of the brain could give off the illusion of having 'another presence' nearby.

Naturally, when i was examining my mind for discrepancies, the memory of that thread came to me pretty damn quickly, despite the pressing concern i was feeling.

I'd be able to find the thread i'm talking about if it wasn't for the fact that it has the word "God" in it, thus ensuring several hundred hits when i put it in the search engine.

Nevertheless, i've never had the sense of presence at a reasonable distance before (i.e; outside, in the stunted tree).

It would make sense though, for me to be able to pick up on the brainwaves of a 'lesser' sentient being like a small bird or something as opposed to whatever the hell it was that was apparently reacting to my mind-probe.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
I was lying in bed when suddenly someone grabbed my the bottom of my legs really firmly.It was a very tactile sensation

How scary I'd have been terrified

As a teenager I've had bath taps and the showers suddenly turn on full blast whilst on the loo, while in the bathroom (upstairs)the latch on the door lock started moving slightly to the point that it was wiggling up and down, I was only about 14, sat about 3 feet away facing it and so scared I was in tears. There was no way that it could have been anybody else as 1) I was alone in the house and 2) the latch was only on the inside of the door.

I suffer from terrible insomnia as I had nightly "visits" as a child, I've blacked most of it from my mind but can still remember teaching myself to breath silently and with as little movement as possible whilst under the covers. I could hear my parents (only people in the house barring my younger sisters who were in bed too) talking downstairs and at the same time "something" else in my room, harsh breathing and a horrible, indescribable feeling of evil and ill intent. I would hear it(whatever) outside my door and would dive under the covers. I remember hearing the door open and footsteps and the cold. I can't remember ever catching a glimpse of whatever it was but for some reason I have an image in my head of a tall black robed figure with no face. However that may just have been a product of my imagination.
I have heard of the "night hag" syndrome where people wake up in the night paralysed and a feeling of something on their chest, but all of this happened *before* I fell asleep. My middle sister slept in the same room and never heard a thing and used to think I was making things up when I asked her about it all.

This all started as far back as I can remember, and only stopped when I changed bedrooms with my youngest sister in my early teens. Funnily enough years later as adults (she's 10 years younger than me) we got talking about weird stuff after a few drinks and she came out with how much she hated the back bedroom and bathroom, and how similar thinks used to happen to her. My middle sister is very down to earth and thinks we are both nuts lol.

The first house I bought with my exhusband was *really* creepy. It came along at the right price so we jumped at it. it was very old and in a small village, we saw it for sale by chance one day whilst driving through and knocked on the door to ask for details. The owner invited us in to look around, explaining away the sleeping bag on the sofa as her husband had worked a night shift and she couldn't sleep on her own.

I didn't think anything of it until the day we moved in, they had left a few days before, and from the moment of opening the door I felt, god I can't think what to put it was just so creepy, like we were being watched and weren't wanted. My ex was oblivious to it, but it got worse and worse, I was on my own for most of the time and although I never saw or heard anything there was just this incredible feeling of hatred, sometimes it made me feel physically sick. It was much worse in the back of the house than the front which was lighter. I found out recently that the reason my middle (sensible) sister refused to stay with me more than once was that she thought someone was in the bedroom watching her. And I hated having a bath as your back was towards the windowless hallway where the feeling was 10x worse.

My son was born whilst we lived there and never slept through the night until the day we moved house when her was 2. At 11 months old he broke his cot standing up in bed shaking the bars frantic to get out.

Just writing about this here is making me panicky that whatever that "presence" was will latch onto my thoughts and find me and until recently everything has been quiet for me. I have since lived in two lovely "quiet" houses, and this is the third.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

That is an incredible ability Anti-Tyrant

I'm really interested in the right brain theory, I've never heard of it before so I'll start sifting through the old threads and see if I could find it

It sounds too quiet and short to be a seagull - it kinda reminds me of the noise guinea pigs make only a lot less annoying.

Sounds strange, have you ever heard a ferret when it is chuntering to itself? They are quieter than a guinea pig and not as shrill but similar, a sort of "du du du du du" sound and here in Britain there are several of their wild relatives (weasles, stoats, mink etc) which birds would defiantly be afraid of. They are great pets but vicious little hunters!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Air out of a baloon....and a smell for 30 minutes.
I've been in a similiar situation, but that was only my fiance making a loud fart in the wind. =)

But your story sure is scary. Good reading. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi,Epona,I know how you feel I've had all that kind of stuff happening for along time but this was a new one.But this was a new one.It was scary.Maybe it was a dream,maybe it was imagination-i'd been researching Leo Zagami most of that day.I think it safe to say however that lots of weird thing are happening all over to lots of people everywhere and when you throw all the ufo stuff into the mix it's like a door has been opened and all this kind of thing is mainfesting like never before.I hope you have a good night tonight however.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epona

That is an incredible ability Anti-Tyrant

Sounds strange, have you ever heard a ferret when it is chuntering to itself? They are quieter than a guinea pig and not as shrill but similar, a sort of "du du du du du" sound and here in Britain there are several of their wild relatives (weasles, stoats, mink etc) which birds would defiantly be afraid of. They are great pets but vicious little hunters!

I wouldn't put too much stock into my perceived 'abilities' - it may well be the case it's merely a trick of the mind, or the mind playing tricks, depending on how you look at it.

It may well be the case that this is how my mind compensates for my inability to truly comprehend the true capabilities of my audio sensing facilitators.

It's possible that it's a weasle, no doubt about that - thing is i mentioned a seagull before, and last i knew weasles weren't really coastal critters.

Heh, maybe there's some sort of mutated squirrel out there or something (although now that i mention it...).

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Air out of a baloon....and a smell for 30 minutes.
I've been in a similiar situation, but that was only my fiance making a loud fart in the wind. =)

But your story sure is scary. Good reading. Thank you.

I thought the same thing as I was writing it down but my OH was in front of me asleep and I know for a fact it wasn't me

The sound though was like when you stretch the opening of a balloon so that the air squeals as it escapes, not the more ahem "meaty" variety..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It's possible that it's a weasle, no doubt about that - thing is i mentioned a seagull before, and last i knew weasles weren't really coastal critters.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

I didn't know you are at the coast, I'm almost 40 miles inland as we have hundreds of the noisy beggars.

Heh, maybe there's some sort of mutated squirrel out there or something (although now that i mention it...).

Lol wasn't there something on Ananova last year about Russian squirrels attacking dogs

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, that's not what i'm thinking of, although i'm sure it'd be delightfully interesting should you decide to add some more details.

I was actually thinking about an instance in which something small, about the size of a small rodent like a squirrel, launched itself at my window and hung there for a full second.

It was probably just a daft bird that hadn't learnt about glass yet, but that's the problem with being able to remember things you're not sure about.

They come back to haunt you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well. i often hear this noise like a chirning old piano that really quickly increases in volume but only last's about a second. i know this is just in my head though, i think its when my mind has failed to enter the dream part of sleeping and R.E.M. but yeah it wakes me up.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There was a thread recently right here on ATS about the possibility that the right hand side of the brain could give off the illusion of having 'another presence' nearby.

Ooo that sounds really interesting
If someone could find that thread, that'd be awesome

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Epona, I read your thread and it got me thinking.

There is a site called yourghoststories.com. There, you could post your story and people who have had familiar experiences offer advice and comments.

I have seen many a story similiar to yours on there and 9 out of 10 times the posters that frequent the board are more than happy to give you advice on how to deal with the situation.

Some frequently given advice I have seen is as follows:

- Don't let your fear take over. Be strong! Sometime these "things" feed off of fear

- Next time you feel "it" tell "it" to leave you alone and you will not be scared in your own home. You will NOT tolerate it. Don't yell at "it"...just be strong and hold firm

- I am not sure what your religious beliefs are so disregard this if this does not pertain to you (and I apoligize if it causes any offense), but many people say by placing crosses in their home and getting holy water they feel protected.
Tell this "thing" to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.
Edit to add: You must believe this in your heart

- There is also something called a smudging ceremony you could perform with sage

I am not by any means an expert on this subject. I am just trying to give you some advice that may comfort/help you.

Feel free to U2U me if you need anything else.

I also should add that I am unsure if it is allowed to give information about other websites. I apologize if it isn't and will remove it when told.

God bless,
Faith628

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Faith628]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hey there, I just thought I would add my recent experiences as it pertains to this subject. I myself am also coming off about a 15 year lull which not much really happened to me but before that things would happen quiet frequently that I would have serious trouble comming up with logical explinations for. Anyways for I would say the last 3 to 4 months I have started having a lot of unexplainable activity around me. One thing is I have started having terrible sleep paralysis when I am wide awake and the spymtoms dont really fit in the sceintific explinations of sp. But after these sp events would clear I would hear all sorts of noises around my room. These noises in no way fit to the normal sounds you are used to in your area. Once there was even a very hoarse breathing right behind me 3 very distinct breaths that one was scary especially since I pretty much live alone.
Also, now I have never really held credence in the whole 3am talk. But if I am not awake at 3am I will be woken up. I always believed this would just be a type of internal clock going off subconciously usually after you noticed a time on a couple different occasions. I would think this would lead to it subconsiouly reaccuring. Anyways the reason I find this odd is that during that 3am hour my room gets really loud. It just seems to be the normal sounds of a house settling and all but it happens very well rapidly and the normal noises are much louder than they would normally be. That could be nothing but I do find it a little odd.
I have been keeping up on all the posts on this site and some others and it seems that there is certain activity that has been definitly increasing as of late. In searching through trying to find the truth in the posts and sepperate the lies you start to see a pattern form with some accounts and those are the ones I am speaking off. Night encounters for one seem to be on the rise wheather the encounter is spiritual, alien or unknown a lot more seems to be going on at night lately. Anyways just some food for thought, I would love to hear what others think about this. To the OP I hope your event was something mundane my first thought was some kind of light or fuse burning out but you never know.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wanted to add my thoughts on smudging and similar exercies. I have seen first hand indians preforming smudging and the idea is the same as say an exercism or wiccan protection ritual, just to a different degree. The problem I see in these is that if you are part of the very small percent that actually do have a legitimate problem, these types of practices will tend to not work for you. Personally I think smudging is the weakest of all of these practices and I belive the reason for that is because the process itself doesnt hold enough energy or vibrations, maybe enough to help very temporarily but thats it. It seems you get a higher degree of successful protection from forms like exorcisms and such, I would think this is because more people are involved in the cerimony so more energy or what have you is put into the process. But still I would think that if any of this is really true, any amount of energy put in will eventually dissapate and the problem would be able to return if it was so inclined

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I feel for you.

Bad memories & happenings attain a lot to our experiences in the present, and can make your everyday life traumatic. Dwelling on it indeed gives the powers of the past more power over the present you. However I think that now you should definitely work on getting it out into the open, facing the past head on, & telling it, and yourself, that you will no longer be controlled by your bad experiences.

The troubles you have had throughout your life will always come back to your childhood, and it is this that can lead to psychological as well as physical problems. Dealing with the past, not dwelling or suppressing, is a big step forward.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by b6x87]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Does anybody posting here with their freaky experiences wake up with starnge marks or bruises.I had a real humdinger of a bruise on the upper inside of my arm a few weeks back.Did'nt find it until I was in the bath.I'm a clumsy cow and I'm always clonking into things but this was odd.I also woke uponce to find two bite marks on my neck.Yes,really.But they were really small so I thought I'd been bitten by a mouse or a spider which to me is worse than vampires anyday.Just curious?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join