It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Stopped For Putting My Hand In My Pocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Terror Stopped For Putting My Hand In My Pocket

infowars.net

This past Sunday night I was subjected to another stark reminder of how far the UK has descended into a total police state when I was stopped on the street by "Police Community Support Officers" for putting my hand in my pocket.

After returning to London in high spirits from an excursion to see the great Neil Young play a barnstorming gig at the Hop Farm festival in Kent, I was standing at the bus stop in Trafalgar Square with my girlfriend only to suddenly have the following order barked at me by a goon in a bright yellow jacket:

"YOU. STAND OVER THERE."

"Excuse me? Are you addressing me?" I replied.

"STAND OVER THERE." the man repeated while pointing about 1 metre to his left as his female colleague stood silently staring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.apa.police.uk

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This actually struck me as quite funny - the way the "victim" has not been named, and the complete lack of understanding of a PCSO's job.

Apart from this, UK police have had stop and search powers for an awfull long time, and this was not, in my mind, a "terror" stop.

In my town, at least, PCSO's provide a valuable service in maintaining a uniformed presence on the streets, and I regularly see local junkies/thieves being detained by them until the real police arrive.

So let's be clear here, they have the power to detain a person, but not to arrest, nor to search.

Of course the other side of the coin is that PCSO's take the real police presence off the streets, and because they have little power, can be taken advantage of.

I'd also like to hear from other UK members about their thoughts on PCSO's and any experience they have with them or, indeed, if they are even a good idea.

In the meantime, I think this is another one of Mr. Jones' make believe stories - he puts some good stuff out, but it seems he's not above making things up on a short copy day.

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/7/2008 by budski]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
One problem I have is some officers attitude and rudeness, some are very friendly, but when you come accross a rude one, it really sticks with you.

For example.

One time I was standing outside sainsburys.
And a whole bunch of cops came walking towards me lol, there was a couple of other guys I did not know a few meters away from me.

One of the police officers started talking to me in a rude tone, looking down on me tone, like I'm scum. He asked what I'm doing, I said I'm just relaxing for a while before I go in to shop. Then he went ahead and said something like, what you got nothing to do all day? and laughed at me, and started asking very personal questions, and basically everything he said felt very rude.
Then he asked if I'm with the other two guys, I said no, I had to keep convincing him.
Then they started searching the other two, who were just standing there. (I don't know if there was any reason for this that I don't know about)
I have no idea why, I went in to shop after that, and when I came out, one of them was getting cuffed, lol I have no idea what was going on.

Anyway I didn't try to make this story long lol

I'm just saying, if we gonna live and work together and help each other, we are going to have to be more "friendly" to each other, that's civillians AND cops.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
PCSOs are a joke, a joke created by a joke government

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
so you got unarmed idiots in bright coats barking orders at you. in my neighborhood they would be ne done like that metermaid guy from school for scoundrels smacked around and robbed of there sneakers lol.
are you allowed to carry pepper spay in england if so spray them when they are harassing you.;

new topics

top topics

join