It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my job!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Most of the days I feel like a monkey that no-one respects and I am left to take the blame for the mistakes of others even though I am usually the one who corrects the mistakes. I am a sales assistant and work with engineers. I hate this, I hate this job, I hate most of the people who work here and I hate myself for not quitting.

Do you like or dislike your job? Why? What is your job?

Sisu06

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm a little leery to tell everyone what my job is after I tell everyone that I totally HATE it right now...but I'll jump right in.

I run a home daycare and currently have 6 kids enrolled. I haven't always hated my job, in fact I once loved waking up every morning and planning our activities for the day. Watching the kids get excited over a field trip, or in awe over a simple science experiment. Their smiles when they finally figured out how to tie their shoes, or zip their jackets was the highlight of my day.

But I think I'm getting burnt out now
I started the daycare when my own kids were still at home, and now that they're in school full time I feel like there's no more need for me to be at home. Also, my original kids have all gone now...moved to other places, or old enough to stay home on their own now. The new ones I have here are all pretty much out of control to put it in a nutshell. Most of them have no consistency with their rewards, punishments, and rules, so their kids come here thinking it will be the same. And then I'm the big mean lady that won't let them jump from the sofa to the coffee table, or hit someone over the head with a truck! Makes for a very long day constantly reprimanding someone.

As bad as the kids can be, the parents are WORSE! The parents try everyday to take advantage of me and it's just become tiresome. I feel like I have to fight them off everyday like wild animals! They bring their kids too early, pick them up too late, call at the last minute to change schedules, or worse..don't call at all and I'm left waiting for hours for their kids to show up..and they are keeping them home that day. Most of them have no respect for my time, myself and my family.

I think it may be time for me to move on, as I would never want someone caring for my own children that was burning out and not giving 100% to my kids. The sad part is...I've been doing this long enough to pretty much null and void any "real" job experience and education I have...so I'm kind of stuck.

Time to put on my happy face and get through another day!

Michelle

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm so happy to join on this discussion! lol

I hate my job because I work for a family-owned and operated business, with the problem being that I am not a family member. The only other worker who is not family is a 74 year old woman with dementia. So if the work is hard or tedious and the family doesn't want to do it (and we are talking about a big group of lazy) they give the job to me. They don't want to make the 74 year old work hard, which is understandable, so they give a lot of her work to me, too.

The 74 year old is a very sweet person, but honestly it is time for her to retire. Working with her means I have to do my work and hers because she usually forgets to do hers. There have been times when she shows up at night, thinking it is morning, just to let you know what I am dealing with.

When she forgets to do her work, I get in trouble because I know how she is and I should be checking up on her. Between trying to remind her where she is, what she is doing, and trying to keep her from going into the wrong rooms, it honestly feels like I am babysitting a 150 pound child.

All of that on top of the lazy family I mentioned. They give me their jobs to do and act like they are doing me a favor. "I know you need the hours, so you can do my work." I'm surprised I haven't been fired yet, because that is where I draw the line. Do your own work, I've got my own to worry about. So I just tell them "no, I won't" and walk away.

And the elderly woman makes $2 more an hour than I do.

I'm a full time student and work two other jobs about three times a week. I'm burned out and fed up.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well My job hates me. Every time I show up I'm told I don't work here any more. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i no the feeling. works ok at times, but sooo boring, you get people that wine about the most pointless pathetic things! what is the point, its tedious, its sad.. be quiet.

and I feel like they still treat me like the 'junior' in the office when i am 21 not friggin 16!.

I have worked my ass off here and they have given no one a pay rise for nearly 2 years!
im stuck in an office and wanna do somehting totally different.. but i have no idea where to start..
hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Family businesses are the worst!

Seems like everyone's a Director except you. Even the housewives who are busy "housewiving"!

Never again.

I will also never work for a company who has a short boss.
They usually have problems.

If you hate your job.....work as hard at getting another one as you do at the one you hate. Good luck jobhunters.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I work in a
hotel in downtown Detroit whose main clientel are men that are only here to cheat on their wives with prostitutes and or bar gals. The rooms look like hell, and the rates are way too high, the hookers complain about the prices and try to negotiate lower hourly rates.

Wanna hate your job?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I work in a
hotel in downtown Detroit whose main clientel are men that are only here to cheat on their wives with prostitutes and or bar gals.s.

Ever thought of blackmail? (just kidding....sort of!).

Sounds crap, but did you choose the job and what is it?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I took a front desk job, I didn't know that the hotel was THIS bad. But being unemployed for 4 months sure makes a person desperate

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Desperate enough for blackmail?

Do the "clients" ever use credit cards or is it cash for annonimity?

I can't stand cheats.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

me neither, but I can't stand more being unemployed. Theres the issue there. I start turning in our clientèle and buisness goes down I loose work.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh well, at least you're the "ladies man".

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sisu06
Most of the days I feel like a monkey that no-one respects and I am left to take the blame for the mistakes of others even though I am usually the one who corrects the mistakes. I am a sales assistant and work with engineers. I hate this, I hate this job, I hate most of the people who work here and I hate myself for not quitting.

Do you like or dislike your job? Why? What is your job?

Sisu06

you could always let wynona ryder come live with you.

new topics

top topics

join