It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crouching Aliens, Hidden Meanings.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wow. You’re not a publisher, are you?

No...I'm flat broke; I'm a comedian. No, that's a lie. ... I don't know what I am. *sniff*

Ahh, I never said it was an alien.

... that's right. you didn't. the padded truck will not be arriving at your house today!

Afraid?
No.
What of?
He (whatever he represents) was the one who was anxious, not me!
...but that he looked upset. I kinda felt sorry for him, if the truth be told.

He, my little mini-invisi-grey was the victim.
Odd turn around, isn’t it?

~ Yes it is! Yes it is! Odd turn around, I mean. Reverse psychology *is not* the first thought that popped into my head, well yes it is.
yes, wery, wery, interesting!
I do tend to be rather assuming.

Assuming he growled and bared his teeth--you would react, differently?
Assuming he was characteristically non expressioned--you would react, some way, I know how I would react. But, my vulgarity is not appreciated on the board.
Assuming, he knew what he was doing, or was testing methods to recieve better contact results...and wanted you *not* to, say, freak out--and your response was 'oh poor little fella..poor little half there grey victim..."
IF he was even there that is.
I'd call that successful contact response on his end.
Not that I know what I am talking about....because I don't...I don't know that I do...just..well..then again that's lying...but not far from the truth... just brainstorming.

And by the way, I am not a UFO hunter. I would like to see something (...)

*me neither* and
*all right* guilty again. I retract my UFO hunter generalization. Gosh! Do I have to be so blind and assuming!

So, logically, and with luck maybe I’ll see one one day, no?

Do you look up alot?
Well, and seriously, if your ear is always to the sky, and your soul is always questioning, your bound to see sumptin, something even.

When your not looking, but your just looking. Shrug.

"somebody get this man a U.F.O"
please.
If wishes were UFO's...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Beamish,

You are so brave.
Dream--hallucination--whatever
If I ever opened my eyes to see a grey *crying* or cowering or handing me a pot of gold or whatever have you ----->If I am not restrained, I am going the other way if I break something on the way out.

Even if it was just a tinsy weensy little thimble sized one. (and they know that)
...it works all good for me that I don't see greys....or frisbee sized trantualas or parrot eating bannana spiders-even the preying mantas's and centipedes. I'm good with bats and rats. Keep yer grays hidden, I'll swim in a rat pond with flying bats. Yet, I harbor warm feelings (well mixed feelings on the gray issue/non issue) for all these things (but for parrot eating banana spiders-aaaaaah) to some degree--at a distance that doesn't send me careening through a window, or running for somebody's skirts.

And, if I were a gray thinking of coming into my dreaming I would know this in advance and maintain my invisibility if I liked me.
I'd like to think they are smart like that. I just like to think.

Maybe though, you are just dreaming. It was an interesting experience to read about.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ah Beamish, my friend. The twisting paths of the human mind is fraught with the pitfalls of self doubt. I have enjoyed your eloquent tale of discovery. A journey we mostly all take time to time. The joy of life is wondering if there will be new pieces to the puzzle found as we make our way through the mundane.

I saw your little gray as a spurned lover, turning to hide the face of despair, ashamed that after all this time it could only be acknowledged in the twilight between the waking world and that far country of Nod. And afraid that you would always fail to see it wholly, to give it life, even some half life, with your conscious mind. Scared that this was all there was.

Is it only my own perception that hears an echo of this entity's feeling in the wistful nature of your post? Like star crossed lovers afraid the day must end without a connection? Was this just your mind asking you to return to the Mystery Love of your intellect, or a corporeal being from some unknown and unknowable place? Is it possible to know the difference between such disparate realities?

I have long thought that our "reality" is what we make it, sometimes without knowing we are even creating. Like gods that forget their work, do we collectively make future and present realities? Are these "products", nurtured by the strength of so many like minds, at some point real to themselves more than to we who (day) dream them into some quasi existence, and then with the club of rationality, banish them to a realm of Limbo? Would not their sadness and anger then be understandable?

As a Native American, a backward savage, perhaps I see the world in too many shades of gray myself. I too can give you no answers. Those few "answers" I have accepted in my own world view are as open to challenge as the most lurid ramblings of any asylum inmate. And maybe no more or less valid.

But the growth is in the journey, not in the destination, IMO. You seem well outfitted for a marvelous adventure of discovery.

Peace and good hunting.

NGC2736

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Hi, i totally believe you as I have had strange occurences happen to me my whole life! the one thing that sticks out, and i feel all adbuctees can relate to , is actually seeing a grey in your room, while awake as i have seen one, and the wierd thing is, falling right to sleep after seeing one. Most people have told me why did you fall alseep, and i don't even know why? i saw my alien after being woken up for two weeks straight at 2am with cold sweats, and unable to fall back asleep until 4am. it disturbed my sleep pattern, and the first thing i did was scan my room, as if something were in my room. then i would get up, walk around my house and check all the doors and get something to drink. look out the windows, and what not. My husband was not home at the time, he had to go up north for training for his work, and he was gone those two weeks.

Then december 24th 2004, i saw something in my room, i got woken up at 2am, with the sweats, and scanned my room, my husband was in bed next to me and then i laid back down and that's when i saw the tall grey standing over my bed, and next to my curtain, he was camaflouged, i then went back to sleep. The other thing I did remember was seeing a light, when i was up at 2am i thought it was daylight out, that was how much light was coming into the room. I feel alseep and woke up at 4am, with no underwear on, and completely naked i went to bed with underwear and a shirt on, and my side of the bed was completely made up, i was lying on top of the covers, and i saw the same flash of light, and it was dark again, i went back to sleep and woke up at 6am with my kids.

I got side tracked so back to falling alseep do all abductees do this after seeing a grey in their room???

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

And now I see that you are beginning to get the kind of quality attention your experience and eloquence deserve, and this fills me with satisfaction...

Responding to you specifically, and to your response to my comment:

-

To accept something so unfamiliar as being real, even with a solid background of belief in all things extraterrestrial and their associated subjects, elevates the whole subject into another level.

In hindsight, maybe this reluctance to let the more ethereal side of the issue into my life is purely a testament to the rigidity and temporal aspect I have connected UFOs etc with. It just goes against my “nuts and bolts” approach.

Let's look at this for a second: Why do you think that there SHOULD be a contradiction between "paranormal" phenomena and a good, rationality-based platform with which to interpret that phenomena?

I know it sounds easier said than done, yet as soon as you realize that the fuzziness, the mystical aura, and the air of unbelievability that surrounds the UFO scene along with other paranormal phenomena, are just CONNOTATIONS (mostly deserved yet some not), the sooner you will be able to begin managing information and modes of analysis you have relegated to the "mystical" hobby of UFO research.

It is only natural that we dwell in a collective environment, where we are led to interpret and digest the world under GIVEN concepts and paradigms, yet it is ultimately up to US to manifest interest, love for personal truth, and desire to elevate one's mind and capabilities to assess, translate and affect the world as we know it.

So tying it all together, it is not necessary that you do meditation, that you entertain ideas and concepts that are not consonant with your methods and personality, and certainly not even that you "change" to accommodate to other "scenes" and venues where this phenomena is better "accepted".

Instead, I would advise you to focus on two things:

-To use your non indifferent intellectual abilities and analysis capacities to INFORM yourself, and develop newer, more sophisticated concepts about THE NATURE OF REALITY, since ultimately this is what we are talking about.

Such phenomena, as countless many others condemned into what I call "New Age Purgatory", are none other than a part of, characteristics of, and very understandable and explainable parts of our Reality. The important thing here is to see how the NUTS AND BOLTS tie together, for they DO tie together...

This can, with much work and guidance, lead to viewing reality more as it IS (certainly also within our limits, which however are still far from being tested...), and less as all the distorted versions sold and bought by all the historical, religious, political and economic establishments.

This is more than certainly within your reach, and I in fact await very good results.

-The way to get there... will be to start ACCESSING the accurate information, read the right books, and most importantly, THAT YOU APPLY THINGS YOU ALREADY KNOW.

You have noticed the contradictions, and the sooner you apply your rational and common sense rules to the observable Reality, it will become increasingly easier to be "at the right place and time" in respect to the guidance and clarity you seek.

I will share a couple of things with you privately, and coupled with the thread I have been threatening to start, you will see that it is not necessarily about UFOs we are talking about, but of our Universe, and this is what makes the whole beautiful and fascinating.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

I have no idea what I would have done if the scenario had had an aggressive context. But I imagine I would have still fallen asleep, albeit with some trepidation, simply because that was what I was on the verge of. Not going to sleep was not an option…hence my ongoing rational unwillingness to allow myself the thought that this was anything but a product of my mind running through random thoughts and projecting them into my (barely sustainable) conscious considerations.

It’s interesting that you pose the possibility that if this was an attempt at contact, then he was not using a previously tried and tested methodology.
Therein is a whole new discussion, and something that I’d have to seriously research to see if this has been reported before, even obliquely, as a form of approach. I cannot fathom for the life of me why a supposed “superior” species, or the product of that species as I believe, would seem so intimidated in my presence. Successful “contact” it might have been, but at what expense for the poor little guy.
I really wish I’d managed to stay awake…

Not that I know what I am talking about....because I don't...I don't know that I do...just..well..then again that's lying...but not far from the truth... just brainstorming.

Is that a hint at something in your past?
And there’s nothing wrong in brainstorming; I’d prefer to call it collective, creative assessment!

And yes, I do look up (though obviously not in public…lampposts and pedestrians seem to hinder any kind of skyward perusal). And thanks for the positive response to my still ongoing search for a UFO.

If wishes were UFOs indeed…

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Thank you, NGC2736, for your post. It’s a humbling experience, in a positive and enlightening sense, to read the words of others who journey the same path as oneself. And to hear persoanl thoughts not yet formed in their words.

My little grey could well be seen as a metaphoric expression of my unspoken regrets at not having experienced what others appear to do with almost consummate ease, or even a non-attempt on my part to reconstruct my own perceptions into something far less defensive.

A spurned lover?
I take that in the sense of a shared, deep and abiding affection for life at the heart of our joint existence tying us, or his creators, together. Even though the grays may well operate autonomously, or under the control of a higher intelligence (as I believe), then surely, and hopefully, that intelligence, no matter how advanced, still exhibits and cherishes the underlying, and empathic and sympathetic, connections between every one of us.
To what extent would those connections be able to manifest, or even for what reason they would want to let them manifest to me, is a matter of conjecture that can only be driven by my own limited familiarity with something that is as tangible as smoke.
Nevertheless, it is a fascinating concept.
And that makes the entire scenario even more ambiguous, but fundamentally far more appealing.

If he was ashamed, then why? As HugmyRek quite rightly suggested, and carrying along with the concept of this being a real, though dream-like scenario, then at least some form of “contact” was made. I agree that I could have denied the “contact” the opportunity to progress beyond the short act that it was, but again I would ask myself how, or even why I would, and conversely could, stop it. From the many similar scenarios I have read, halting the abduction/contact scenario does not seem to be an option. They are in control. Not the target of their attentions.
So why was my little guy so beaten?

On the other hand, and taking the whole experience as an abstract episode of my rationality overcoming, even denying, other concepts of reality, then it works perfectly as a symbolic rejection. I constantly require solidity and evidence to confirm what I already believe to be true. The requirement is an imbalance against the conviction, therefore my subconscious took over and gave me a subtle hint as to what my life lacks, and what I am actually capable of coping with.

Perhaps the grey, hypnagogic hallucination, was telling me, wordlessly, that I am scared that this is all there is. That my conviction as to the reality of the ET/UFO scenario is not as strong as I believed, and that the only way to truly understand it, and myself, is to open my mind up to previously uncomfortable possibilities. To stop being so damn stubborn.

Either way (and I know which way I want it to have been), the ethereal nature of the experience has left me a little sad. Yes, a certain wistfulness had crept into my post. That was not intentional, but perfectly understandable. Is it not right to feel regret, or even melancholic that actual physical contact between completely unrelated, sentient species was that close and then, for some unknown reason, was not allowed? I don’t feel anger that our “meeting” was so brief, but sad that it had no closure. That our “disparate realities” could not meet, for whatever reason.
I still feel sorry for him. And for myself.

As a Native American, a backward savage, perhaps I see the world in too many shades of gray myself. I too can give you no answers. Those few "answers" I have accepted in my own world view are as open to challenge as the most lurid ramblings of any asylum inmate. And maybe no more or less valid.

We’re all natives of this gem of a world, everyone of us; we are all the product of need and ego and want and desire…but also of concern and compassion and consideration for our own plight and of those we love with a ferocity that can overcome the greatest of obstacles.
None of us are backwards. Yet, we all walk backwards into history, seeing only our past and bumping blindly into the future as we go. Some of us choose to, manage to, or are even coerced into facing forward to see what is to come for the sake of everyone else.
That can be no easy task.
They are to be applauded, and admired as they often journey alone.
And none of us are savages, either, but we do maintain a savagery, a fierce necessity for the things that inspire and enlighten, but also for those things that degrade and debase.
We are complicated creatures, unfathomably complex yet as readable as an open book.

Perhaps that is what is so fascinating for those who watch; this child-like unpredictability in our search for the answers to the ultimate questions.
Our brave intransigence in the face of opposition.
Our intellectual pliability in the face of reason.
Our willingness to continue on a strife-torn journey that brings us closer to knowing just who we are.

Every view is valid as they combine together to illuminate the darkest corners of reality. Without them, we see only the most fleeting of glimpses of what is out there.

My invisi-grey may well be illuminated yet by your, and other’s, well considered viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I’m not sure if I believe myself yet, but thank you for the support and your interesting response!

There does seem to be an ongoing connectivity with certain contact scenarios: the sleeplessness (which I have), the lights outside the bedroom curtain (which I’ve seen), the sense that there’s a presence, and not a malicious intruder, in the room (the reason for this post).

Of course, there are reasonable and logical explanations for these occurrences that have been deduced by modern psychology. Hypnagogia describes them all to a tee – but these scholarly clarifications can also be read as rationalizations of paranormal but very real, and as yet still unexplained, in scientific eyes, events.

You say that your grey was “camouflaged”; can you expand on this? Was he like mine, “cloaked” by some form of watery - though I hate to use the analogy – “predator”-type device? Like he was made of disturbed water?

You also say that though you awoke clothed differently than when you retired, you did not relate how the experience left you feeling? I have nothing similar in my account, and cannot expand on what happened after I fell asleep, but I did awake unconcerned and feeling normal.

I got side tracked so back to falling alseep do all abductees do this after seeing a grey in their room???

It wasn’t being side-tracked! Sharing something that happened to you is important for me in the understanding of my “contact” (I am strongly reluctant to employ the term “abduction”). Thank you for sharing it.

And as for the question – I have no idea if dropping off is normal or not.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

And now I see that you are beginning to get the kind of quality attention your experience and eloquence deserve, and this fills me with satisfaction...

citizenc, all I can say is serendipity.

I am, I have to admit, leaning more and more towards the distinct, though still for me relatively profound hypothesis of ET/UFO/contact having a more numinous foundation.

In theory, and in all honestly logically, I have no problem with the possibility of visitors demonstrating advancements that go beyond anything we can envisage. This includes their methods of communication. The late, great Arthur C. Clarke suggested that sufficiently advanced aliens may well have technology that we will look on as being magical, and I have no cause to doubt his reasoning. Therefore I should not harbour this uneasiness about the potential high strangeness of “their” processes, the subject of reality and how they relate to it etc.

Believe me, I sympathise with Dr “Bones” McCoy of Star Trek fame when he constantly berated Mr. Spock for his inflexible logic. It is a pain in the backside, both for the practitioner and the unfortunate targets of its inflexible commonsense.

Seeing my little grey (if I did see him) took me outside my comfort zone. However, I did not feel inclined to freak-out, but also did not share the experience within my family (If I’d told my wife, she would have freaked out). The event, in retrospect, inspired me.

As I’ve said previously, I have always had a problem with those who profess direct contact with extratterestrials/multidimensionals etc. This attitude of distrust is not conducive, or even understandable in comparison to my steadfast understanding that something is using our skies as a highway, but I have never been able to shake it off. Surely, if I hold to the theory that we are being visited, then it is fair to assume that the visitors must have set foot on the planet at some time?

That’s logical, isn’t it?

I have no problem with the theory of ancient astronauts (but not von Daniken’s version). Our books of faith and historical records could well be littered with accounts of these guests, described as best the authors could with their limited, contemporaneous descriptive abilities. So why do “they” still not, in my reasoning, come and impart knowledge?

I do not think I am being arrogant or even aggressive when I read of certain accounts of close, personal contact between species that I fully believe to be fictitious (you know who I mean), and try and catch them out. I don’t do it to every one who posts on these boards, just the few who I sense are not being entirely truthful. This maybe an undeclared, and subconscious defense of those who may wellhave encountered visitors to our planet.

So why this disinclination to believe it could happen to me?

Well, as I said, my perceptions are slowly changing. All things mystical are still an ocean away in terms of reaching an understanding, but I’m willing to take the journey. If I make it, then it would have been worthwhile.
If I don’t, then at least I tried.

I agree that the methods of attaining the necessary awareness of what I am regularly told surrounds and overlaps our existence have to be very personal. And in that respect and because of that, and again in agreement with you, I find it comfortable that I will not have to change as a person.

Why should knowledge change the recipient?

It should enhance the integrity of one who has chosen, and who has the aptitude for absorbing paradigm-changing wisdom and comprehension. If you made to seek out realization in the first place, then surely you have the appropriate moral and spiritual substance it needs to be not only sustained, but maybe even disseminated, with insight and complete understanding.

I want to know what happened to my invisi-grey.

As yet, I feel I cannot step back into whatever significant mind-set I stumbled upon that allowed me to make, or peer through that small tear in the veil that separates our realms. Seeing him, or whatever his image represented, was a happy accident, and a serious teaser as to what I, and I imagine everyone, is capable of achieving.

Now that may not be a logical conclusion, and nor will it ease me back into my comfort zone. But it would be doing myself, and my little visitor a severe injustice if I didn’t pursue the possibility that we might meet again.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeamishI cannot fathom for the life of me why a supposed “superior” species, or the product of that species as I believe, would seem so intimidated in my presence.

Because!
It's not like....they have all the answers, is my imagining here....as if...
like, ya know, they for what they are-are as human and fallible as the rest of us on their run through evolution--only with a greater degree of responsibility, tools at their disposal, saaavy, what not.

I've somewhat just described what I think it means to be human-only on a greater scale. I hear, we are only human, and people use that to either excuse behavior or evolve one step up.

An undertone of behavior not caged within the atmosphere of the earth. If alien races were to humans, like different countries and cultures are to each other, all sharing the fabric of one interdependancy-then it makes sense.

The Hiroshimas' having taken place in whole worlds. The Viet nams' having been galactic battles started as false flag operations like the intelligence agencies. And in the end the countries sometimes cry and speak, exchange ideas, look to be friendly seeing that they've both been miffed. (had).
It is only *rational* that greys (or anyones) have similar evolution trends. I mean, didn't we just used to perform labotomies because we hadn't reached a point yet to where the senselessness of that made sense?

My point is not that I entertain the idea that *you* intimidated him, but that I entertain the idea that he feinged intimidation-for your benifit, as well as an observational research tool to see *what works* on the road to achieving positive or desired feedback/results from abductee/contactees.

I'm thinking these greys in your maybe experience have a heart....

reply to post by Beamish

Is that a hint at something in your past?

well yes...it is. and my past was very ferkin scary...and I don't want to talk about it. because I can't, ok??? because to talk about it I have to get a whole big wide load of it down to an essay and from there to a paragraph and from there to a thesis and to do that I have to relive it, I have to rethink through all of it and when some of it was pretty ferkin scary and when all of it was pretty ferking weird and when I have to trust my every word least I forget something very important that fits my puzzle that I either do or do not want to include for a multitude of reasons, and when people and the cause and effect take and react to what they see or read when they see or read it missing pieces and forgotten connections and or dangers-or joys- can get misreacted to and so I just dont but for what I do. As what anyone does or says anywhere about anything is a great matter of gravity to all concerned--as too the speaking of those. Each responsible to their own words the outcome of others actions upon them. Sorta Make sense?

I did have a flash in a sleeping not so long ago-of a grey, and I was like.... oh no, please don't do that, that really, really, freaks me out.

I look at it like this. The only thing that used to terrify me more than a doberman, was a rotweiller. do to circumstances I'd like to sue someone for, I *briefly* found myself working with them, feeding them, suiting up and reciving their bite. I came to see them as the dog that they were-even decided to raise and own one someday..-and not the terror I'd like to shotgun if in proximity. I'm still very wary of them. And would avoid or hadle a loose one in the appropriate manner to secure the avoidance of the snapping of my bones-if that means climb a tree. I don't go after the strays to return them to shelter, for instance.
Rotweillers, Dingos, Heinas, boars. What business is it of mine?

Now, if I were working with these items everyday--it would be different.
But, other than say the rotweiller and the dingo they are not even hypothetically coming over for supper unless I do. And if they do come over, in a different fashion then the characteristic bark from next door they are going to need to be fully present and not an apparition. And if they are classic grey short or tall or thin or whatever--they are going to need to be accompanied by some item that makes sense to me. Walk in with a dragonman or treesprite for starters or something, or get introduced forthrightly--don't just 'hello'. *dies*--or, keep on running around invisible--that seems to work well. regardless
*well intentioned*well meant*

*did that answer your question?* *cringes*

[edit on 29-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Seeing him, or whatever his image represented, was a happy accident, and a serious teaser as to what I, and I imagine everyone, is capable of achieving.

And here, my friend, is where we wanted to be...

As you well put it, it would be a grave injustice to let "the visit" be, and to let the "outside of the window" remain as was.

I am sorry to have to contradict you on one issue:

Awareness DOES and even must change the knower, for as soon as you reevaluate the world in which you live in, as well as elements about your own nature that will bring you closer to a deeper level of personal truth, the "reality" in which you live, the "you" that plays in it, and how it all ties together become new, different, and forever "not the old"...

So you see, as soon as the pertinent information makes it through and begins to color your world, you will see that the things aren't what they seemed they were, and You are not really what you thought...

And this is the point of resistance that you have long wanted to avoid.

What we have BOTH been hinting at is that this change of paradigm can be done, should be done, and THAT, my friend, is the gift.

Please take it from one that knows: you will not be running around in tin-foil hat trying to channel some gray friend...

Trying to find different information in the same channels will not do either, and this is also something that is not so bad.

I understand your reluctance, and believe it or not, it is a feeling that I share to a very high degree.

There are effects and associations that I personally link with legitimate "advanced" consciousness experiences (for lack of a better concept right now), and most times I notice the lack of what I would call normal and predictable effects on some of the people that make claims of the sort.

I find it hard to believe that some are not touched in a specific way once in contact with some issues, and this is also, of course, a personal opinion, not a 100% accuracy testing device. It's as if you know someone to be particularly funny, and then someone else meets him for the first time, and says that they had a serious conversation, without ever mentioning the humor. Off day? Still makes me suspicious...

So, I agree and share the feelings. The ones that I would like to share with YOU is that there truly IS a very good framework where all things have a logic, are sound, and most importantly, where personal verification is a MUST.

We are all surrounded by information coming from all sorts of sources, and in all types of gradations.

How to discriminate? That is the key.

Even though I have come in contact with a lot of material in many different subjects, it is highly unlikely that you will see me talk about some things and some specifics, and this is just because I have not had the chance to VERIFY it myself. I only share what I Know, with the capital K.

This, as I have stated before, is everyone's nature and right, one that is exercised, however, through discipline, desire for knowledge AND truth, and willingness paired with flexibility to ACCEPT the information and its consequences (point that you willingly made).

This is the next step.

The good news is that the RIGHT information will make it very easy for itself to be understood. It will make perfect sense to you.

This I guarantee.

The "bad" news is that what you think you know about the world AND yourself will change.

Trust me, it will be for the better.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by citizenc]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I like your way of thinking.

And your assessment of the grey’s, or whoever’s, possible cultural similarities to ours makes perfect sense…if we can compare a species that is totally foreign in every sense of the word to our own civilization and philosophies. (And for the record, I am in agreement with Robert O Dean in his alleged informed summarization that greys are nothing more than dispensable, manufactured drones.)

The idea that this “visitation”/“experience” had an altogether atypical, and as far as I know unique theme is very interesting, to say the least. Approaching it from the perspective of it being a real event, then to say that I feel privileged “they” employed an alternative, passive scenario as opposed to the usual aggressive, authoritarian one is flattering to say the least. Not that there’s anything special about me, you understand. But it’s kind of nice that they utilized, and had at their disposal, a substitute and that I was a subject for its inception.

Of course, that slant also suggests there is more than one methodology, and therefore in theory possibly more than one species of grey, or grey handlers, and that is not something I wish to get into.
One category of visitor is sufficient for me at the moment…

I'm thinking these greys in your maybe experience have a heart....

Let’s hope that is the case.

And in answer to your account of what was obviously a troublesome and emotive experience:

*did that answer your question?* *cringes*

yes it answers my question.

And there’s no need to cringe!

There’s a lot of passion in you created by your own experiences, and it shows. You responded to me admirably, and with a convincing and understandable metaphor. To be able to even mention that something happened to you, as I have, takes a great leap of faith. And I can say that with confidence as there is no way on God’s green earth that I’d say what I’ve typed on these boards to my peers. Not yet at least. But we all have to start somewhere.

So well done for taking the first step.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

Awareness DOES and even must change the knower, for as soon as you reevaluate the world in which you live in, as well as elements about your own nature that will bring you closer to a deeper level of personal truth, the "reality" in which you live, the "you" that plays in it, and how it all ties together become new, different, and forever "not the old"...

Perhaps I used the wrong terminology, or hadn’t completely thought through the concept of change.

For me to witness something so curious and so clear is, for one, odd as I don’t see the unusual. It hides from me at every given opportunity. And for me to see my grey therefore I have to assume that something has, somewhere and in some manner, changed.
Whatever it was, waking dream or no, my “happening”, for me, was comparatively uncommon (there have been a few other nocturnal occurrences in my past, but nothing that stands out significantly). Of course, one could simply say that prolonged exposure to the boards of ATS will subliminally programme the mind with unexpected information that can subsequently be replayed when least expected. But that’s just the logician in me…

I often dream clearly of huge spaceships high in the sky.
I never get on them.
They never land.
And I never see their occupants.
So for me to have had the experience we are discussing, and all the connotations it implies, and to do so in the spirit of acceptance that something inappropriate to my personal paradigm could have happened surely shouts of individual change.

Somewhere down the line, I have chosen to consent to this revolution. I can’t tell you where or when, but it has obviously occurred, with or without my intellectual permission.
That is both frightening and enlightening.
Conceivably, for those who undergo similar, and equally as “real” experiences that they have no emotional or intellective preparation for, the adjustment must be both disturbing and demoralizing. Thankfully, and at the risk of sounding immodest, I have not suffered adversely because of this event.
(Of course, if the event had been more…traditional, then maybe the outcome would have been different.)

So maybe previously to the new “me”, this altered Beamish, the erstwhile me subconsciously ushered in the opportunity for this event, for whatever motive, to happen purely to alter my outlook for a specific, or even a universal, reason? Whatsoever the rationale, the new, and improved me sits and fits well.

And this is the point of resistance that you have long wanted to avoid.

True. To have change enforced upon the person goes against the grain. Change in that way is negative and bullying. It wouldn’t work for me.
Seeing the sense behind it, on the other hand, and the positive, more outgoing attitude it provides is invigorating. Perhaps that is why my grey (dream) had a sensation of despondency, thus provoking a helpful and concerned reaction that allowed me to glimpse the other side of the coin; to witness for myself the reality that others have known for so long in a way that works for me.

Please take it from one that knows: you will not be running around in tin-foil hat trying to channel some gray friend...

Oh. And there was me wishing for a lovely tricorn number in the finest baking foil…

There are effects and associations that I personally link with legitimate "advanced" consciousness experiences (for lack of a better concept right now), and most times I notice the lack of what I would call normal and predictable effects on some of the people that make claims of the sort.

So how does my “experience”, if that’s what it was, fit in with this? Bearing in mind that it was a very one-sided incident, where I was, in the time I was conscious at least, in the driving seat? I had no sense of an advanced consciousness being in the room, but that is not surprising considering what I believe greys to be.

And, as HugmyRek so astutely pointed out, the initiative behind the whole incident could have been to elicit a different response to contact; one of positivity. How predictable can we as a race be in the face of such strangeness?

I find it hard to believe that some are not touched in a specific way once in contact with some issues, and this is also, of course, a personal opinion, not a 100% accuracy testing device. It's as if you know someone to be particularly funny, and then someone else meets him for the first time, and says that they had a serious conversation, without ever mentioning the humor. Off day? Still makes me suspicious...

Well, that is the feeling I got at the start of that particular subject. It might be wise to remember, not that I need to remind you, that certain “contactees” are spurious in the extreme, and the persistent ones often completely mercenary in their loyalties. No subject is taboo, or statement of belief beyond their arsenal of deception. Verification is unimportant for them. Payment is often attention, whether it be for malicious purposes, or emotional ones.
If it is the latter, then il a ma sympathie.
If the former, well, lack of interest will undoubtedly deter any more communication. Real change, or even the remotest understanding of the subjects they profess to appreciate, will never come for those who attempt to influence by nefarious means. It’s a shame, but that’s the truth.

The good news is that the RIGHT information will make it very easy for itself to be understood. It will make perfect sense to you. This I guarantee.

Glad to hear it.

Can’t wait.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Originally posted by Beamish

To be able to even mention that something happened to you, as I have, takes a great leap of faith. And I can say that with confidence as there is no way on God’s green earth that I’d say what I’ve typed on these boards to my peers.

*peers*? that's a funny word.....
Yeah well.... if Beamish can talk about crouching aliens, Hugmy can talk about.... nothing to see here!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

A little confused...

*peers*? that's a funny word.....

do you think I was being disparaging? If so, then please let me say for a certainty that I most certainly was not.
In any way, shape or form.
I simply meant that I would find it difficult to discuss what happened in the company of friends etc. outside ATS. This does not indicate that I hold members of ATS to not be my equal!

And if it left you considering that I am waffling on about nothing, or even wasting bandwidth:

Yeah well.... if Beamish can talk about crouching aliens, Hugmy can talk about.... nothing to see here!

then again I apologise, but you have to take from this what you will.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Originally posted by Beamish

do you think I was being disparaging?

No! No! No! My friend...I only literally was thinking out loud a personal thought maybe unrelated to the subject.

The post, "Peers", aliens--"Peers"... Aliens, peering... ugh, oh dear, I didn't mean foul at all.
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry..
Imagine if you will, a human, 30 plus years non communicating or 'fake' communication, only then trying to communicate, by trial and error, discovering how things are percieved-by how they are recieved.

HugmyRek

then again I apologise, but you have to take from this what you will.

No, no, no, I only meant, thankyou, : FOR BEAMISH...

oh dear me, continue!
Did you name him yet?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Absolutely my bad, as they say. Can't apologise enough for jumping to totaly unfounded conclusions. I do not accept your apologies, as they are uneccessary. I was in the wrong...

I have flicked over the thread you gave me the link too, but do not have time (as of time of posting this) to comment. But I will.

And as to have I named "him"? (once again you made me laugh). No, not yet. any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Ok...
I don't really know what I am saying here, but, I'll have a go at it.:

For now I'd say just call him 'little thingy'; that way you are still calling him something *endearing. (notice I assume *he*, she could very well be she). Calling him something and something conveying the vaguity of your not knowing what to call him-rather, not knowing his true dimensions/attributes/preferences for a name also doubles to both serve as a repoire mechanism of trust as well as a direct question.

overlaying basic animal concepts for naming
Naming is an Interaction
But there is the First step. Call him anything. Not 'what should I call you'. What should I call you, as a first step, is a befuddlement.

Your heart and senses-rather he and yours cyclically, will enlighten you through feedback, of the sorts of either his next behavior, or a thought, or an intutition, or an inspiration.

As to say, if the naming would be more or less correctly bent one way or another. For instance to 'Little fella', or 'Inspiration', or 'My dear friend' (my dear friend is a good one), which in itself may turn out to be simply a larger character box of pre-naming, on the road to finding what word it is that would identify him closer-as a unit of himself.

Thingy indicates your question. It also indicates your mood. Ironically, is non insulting.
Naming indicates your want/acceptance of contact. Intonation/inquizitiveness indicates your Inclination/Intention/ and Danger ratio of both your superself and stumbler self.-but you better mean it *Karma applies here*

It could as well begin as 'hey there 'holy blank blank-question mark'
(I am not being sarcastic)

Nothing can indicate the outside forces danger ratio-for him. He's the one (assuming you know, if he is there) who can flitter in or out (assuming, that that is what he is doing).

Identifiying the trust of intention crossing the boundries between our superselves and our stumbler selves. I don't know where I am going with that. (well I know where I am going but I can't get it to words). So I'll leave it, rather than rob you of it.

I am Beowolf. This is what you want him to achieve. If he goes on to another contactee, he has a name image to convey. For instance, 'Gruff'. A name for who he is-that is self chosen by him utilizing your imput~since your his contactee. (Deja Vu). The name might turn out just be a shared emotion. Your image of him during his rest. Thinking a known name, or image, or shared experience helps intiate conversation. Maybe he's not around, and can't be around, but you have a question that only he might have imput on. If he rests in your thoughts you may find yourself with an answer.

Your description of him lends me to wonder if he are not more animal than technologically advanced-as aliens go. Not that I have any adult educated bookwork knowledge of them. If say on a spectrum line with chucacabra below humans and advanced 'roswell' grays on the other end, if he does not fit somewhere between above human and below gray, or above chucacabra and below human. Or something of both above and below human in cognitive perception.

Perhaps he is someone's pet or servant or slave or private--escaped temporarily from the negative monotomy of his home group.

How about
Mally.
or Fred.
or Frank.
Grumble.
Mally Key Grumble.
I can't think of a cool space name at the moment, but will definately shout back with ideas.
Have a wonderful day.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Or maybe, well, Grumble is not so nice a name, a person who grumbles one year, is not always so. Too hobbity golemish.
How about GramBolt. (or something better) Someone who is wary of strangers is always so.

Mally (inticating a first name diminuitive that can be taken as both a term or indearment name, but also too the subtle manly coolness of being side viewed as maul-y-- (a danger inuendo) )

Key (a complementary designation of honor in the form of a middle name indicating priceless value-every guarded thing has it's *key*-and every key may be priceless (antiques road show theroy), as well as a play on words when doubled with it's first name Mally. Maliki, the mystery.

GramBolt (A last name designating, again, an attribute in a complimentary and multifunction way, indicating the likely hood and level to which this creature is skittish or likely to *bolt* depending on circumstances of feedback)

Notice the name does not indicate level of friendliness, as we all, are individuals who at and depending on context possess the means to go either way. A person (or thingy) may hug their girlfriend but they might seriously mess up the burgular who tries to do the same. Does this mean it/they are inately violent? Mostly, all is depending.

So..that is a thought on a possible 'Naming Structure' that hypothetically could efficiently serve to cross the alien human communicative divide (in english and mental picture language) while multitasking as an attribute identifier.

I got the idea while, over time, noticing how people react to my adoptive given name. It's incorrect. But that is why I noticed.

Any further contact, or imagrey(sp sorry), do you hope for contact?
I hope you do, so you can tell us. He (if of course) was drawn to you. And that's a nice thing. At least for a beginning, it's nice to fancy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well, after that extraordinarily urbane and informative reply, in which you touched upon an approach, attitude and slant to the whole “event” that had not even remotely occurred to me, I have decided on a name for him/it: Maliki.

It fits, somehow, and it works on several particular levels that (I assume) are unknown to you (this world is a very strange place, and filled with astonishing people).

And as to your question has he returned? No. but please be advised that if he does, an account will be on here the day after. I have already expressed a desire for him to return, whatever he was, if only to further explore the intense and unexpected ingenuity and inventiveness the human mind is capable of.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond, HugmyRek. Yours, and all of the reactions, suggestions and well presented replies I have had the pleasure of reading, have helped me immensely.

Now equipped with this new-found and generously presented awareness, I may well be closer to understanding what happened. I may also be that further along an unexpected path. Either way, I feel more capable of understanding something that previously mystified me, and that’s down to members like you.

This result, on a personal level, is ATS at its best

top topics

<< 1   >>

join